GDT: Out of Town NHL Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
GG Coyotes starting a goalie who has one previous NHL start where he had .818 SVS%, against Montreal. Of course he allows 2 of the first 4 shots. Not watching, but still. Montreal outshot, despite having the only PP of the period. *sigh*

Kid was a hotshot junior goalie coached by Patrick Roy. 22 is young for a goalie not named Rask or Price.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Tim Peel got suspended (for a game?) for meeting with Greg Wyshynski. I know wysh talked about the meeting on the podcast yesterday, but haven't heard it yet. (Around 13:30)

http://deadspin.com/report-nhl-suspended-referee-for-meeting-in-a-bar-with-1683424835

My night at the bar with Tim Peel, NHL ref and object of scorn

I actually read that article (I generally avoid The Yahoo Blog because it is generally either poorly written or biased against Bruins in an annoying way).

I think it's silly that as awful as the refs have been the last few seasons that this is what gets a red suspended not missing significant calls or just generally reffing poorly.

And while Peel may get Wysh's got for worst ref Jackson has quickly moved to the top of my worst ref list. I would be happy if he never reffed another Bruins game again.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Oh how sad :sarcasm: ...matt cooke is OUT injured (hip ?)...Maybe for the season (heard on NHL channel). I hope he is done forever.

That should save a few knees and heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad