GDT: Out of Town NHL Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Most impressive thing in that interview is the sheer force that Dustin Byfuglien has evolved into.

Not only is he playing smarter on D, he's playing a whole hell of a lot meaner too. It's one thing to knock a player like Doughty around, but to completely bulldoze a horse like Kopitar as he does in that clip? Jesus.

Buff hitting Kopitar looks like a bug getting hit by a Ferrari. Damn impressive considering Kopitar isn't a small guy.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
They really are a fun team to watch. Even though i hated losing the Finals to them I couldnt bring myself to hate them.

Same here. I watch the Hawks every chance I get, and even though we could've won in '13, the better team won.

Montreal has won consecutive 1-0 games, today's against Washington in OT. Carey Price is absolutely superb. He's a step ahead reading the play, and nearly always in perfect position.

Dallas is scoring goals in bunches (11 in their last two games) and getting better defense and goaltending. I'd like to see them make the playoffs, but that Western Conference is tough.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
GG Coyotes starting a goalie who has one previous NHL start where he had .818 SVS%, against Montreal. Of course he allows 2 of the first 4 shots. Not watching, but still. Montreal outshot, despite having the only PP of the period. *sigh*

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Vicious boarding by Backes. Blood streaming near the eye. Much deserved game misconduct. These teams for whatever reason seem to hate each other a great deal.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Ovi is on fire. 2 more goals so far today. Since Jan 1st Ovi has 14 goals. Toronto's entire team has 16 during that span :laugh:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Montreal outshot by a 2 to 1 ratio at home against Coyotes, lol. Finally trailing. They better not get points out of this game. Other games going our way too

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Hypothetical

with how good the Atlantic is there is a chance that 4 teams from the Atlantic have a better record than the Metro....if the standings finish say

A1. Montreal 116
A2. Tampa 115
A3 Detroit 114

M1 New York I 110
M2 Pittsburgh 103
M3 New York R 102

WC1 Boston 105
WC2 Washington 100

The Bruins would play the Islanders in Round 1...if they were to win and play say Pittsburgh

The Bruins would have home ice in Round 2 due to having more points right?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Montreal outshot by a 2 to 1 ratio at home against Coyotes, lol. Finally trailing. They better not get points out of this game. Other games going our way too

Habs have got to be one of the luckiest teams in the NHL this season.

Price is playing well but it seems like every bounce just goes their way. They've won a lot of OT and SOs this season.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Most impressive thing in that interview is the sheer force that Dustin Byfuglien has evolved into.

Not only is he playing smarter on D, he's playing a whole hell of a lot meaner too. It's one thing to knock a player like Doughty around, but to completely bulldoze a horse like Kopitar as he does in that clip? Jesus.

Buff hitting Kopitar looks like a bug getting hit by a Ferrari. Damn impressive considering Kopitar isn't a small guy.

Buff is a big hitter don't get me wrong, but he had all the leverage on the kopitar hit, plus kopi was side on fairly upright going for the puck.

I've seen kevan miller use leverage like that several times.

The Last Baron*

with how good the Atlantic is there is a chance that 4 teams from the Atlantic have a better record than the Metro....if the standings finish say

A1. Montreal 116
A2. Tampa 115
A3 Detroit 114

M1 New York I 110
M2 Pittsburgh 103
M3 New York R 102

WC1 Boston 105
WC2 Washington 100

The Bruins would play the Islanders in Round 1...if they were to win and play say Pittsburgh

The Bruins would have home ice in Round 2 due to having more points right?
No - as a wildcard, Boston won't have home advantage unless they play a lower seed wildcard.

Doesn't matter though - Boston has owned Pittsburgh on the road in the playoffs before.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Price is playing well but it seems like every bounce just goes their way. They've won a lot of OT and SOs this season.

Yup. Watching the goals on nhl.com with the Habs announcers. "They're getting kind of lucky, but nevertheless..." after the 3-2 goal made me laugh. Was such a Habs goal.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Price is average in playoffs.Numbers never lie.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Habs OT/Shootout games played - 11

Have 14 out of possible 22 pts with wins

Bruins OT/Shootout games played- 15

16pts out of possible 30pts for wins

I`ll never defend the Habs but Price isn`t playing "well" he is playing superb and covering up a ton of holes in the Habs game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad