GDT: Out of Town NHL Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
For all the Crosby haters out there - check out the cover of the latest Icetime magazine. The best part is that the Penguins are the ones that actually publish this magazine:

B8Y6DdFIYAAwFTW.jpg:large

jdz

May 22, 2013
For all the Crosby haters out there - check out the cover of the latest Icetime magazine. The best part is that the Penguins are the ones that actually publish this magazine:

But you get +50 penspoints. Wowza.

What the **** is a penspoint?

stungun

Feb 28, 2002
Portland, ME
www.seanrileysite.com

someone just lost their job... this stuff makes me laugh, how many sets of eyes proofed this cover before it went to print... seriously this is a joke, a mockery, a sham... a shamockery. someone should add the pens roster names to their spellcheck dictionary especially if they work for the franchise.....

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
anyone who wants Zack Kassian needs to watch tonight's Canucks game for exhibits A thru Z on why he would be a terrible acquisition.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
anyone who wants Zack Kassian needs to watch tonight's Canucks game for exhibits A thru Z on why he would be a terrible acquisition.

I didn't see the game, so I looked and found this. They show the whole turn of events starting at 0:48, and while I know it's harsh to judge off one play but a wasted scoring chance and a dumb penalty in the same shift is something we surely can live without.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Do the Pens not have editors for their magazine? That is hilarious but sad.

I'm ready for Bruins hockey-this break with no Bruins hockey seems long.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Do the Pens not have editors for their magazine? That is hilarious but sad.

I'm ready for Bruins hockey-this break with no Bruins hockey seems long.

Speaking as an editor, I can attest that we are dying breed. We have staffers who don't know the difference between its and it's.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Speaking as an editor, I can attest that we are dying breed. We have staffers who don't know the difference between its and it's.

I can see it sadly.

I've read newspaper articles and books from major publishing houses that use then instead of than or the wrong there/their/they're. I'm not a grammar Queen by any means but those kinda of mistakes should never pass the editing process and when it comes to articles about people (eg poor "Sindey" Crosby) diligence should be made to spell names correctly-especially in hockey where there are players from all over North America and Europe.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I didn't see the game, so I looked and found this. They show the whole turn of events starting at 0:48, and while I know it's harsh to judge off one play but a wasted scoring chance and a dumb penalty in the same shift is something we surely can live without.

Well I never! *faints and falls to the floor*

Kosikarzzz

Mar 10, 2004
Windsor

Rather have the hammer than the nail. Bruins feed off this stuff. Sign me up.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Well it's now a collector's item.

from sports.yahoo.com:

Seriously. You had ONE JOB.

At the risk of throwing a stone in a glass house – and acknowledging that our own adventures in editing can sometimes read like a junior jumble puzzle – the editors of the official game program of the Pittsburgh Penguins made a rather egregious error on their cover on Tuesday night.

The Jan. 27 game between the Penguins and the Winnipeg Jets didn’t feature Sidney Crosby, who’s out with an injury. But neither did the cover of their game program … although it did feature a “Sindey Crosby,†making us curious if they’re outsourcing their copyediting to Philadelphia.

Dejan Kovacevic of Pittsburgh Sports, who snapped the image, said that the Penguins pulled the program off arena stands. Congrats to anyone who snagged a collector’s item.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Alexi Emelin broke Jason Spezza's nose last night with this hit into the boards. He got a 5 minute boarding major and a 10 minute misconduct and I think he'll probably be sitting for a few games too.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Rather have the hammer than the nail. Bruins feed off this stuff. Sign me up.

I am not the biggest Kassian fan, but before going off on him, I am pretty sure the hit on Maroon (14:37 left in 2nd) was less about frustration and more about retaliation?

Only 30 seconds before the Kassian penalty, Dorsett got knocked out of the game by an elbow/shoulder to the head from Kesler (15:06 left in 2nd), which the announcers fail to mention for some reason:

As usual, the ******* refs miss the first penalty (the elbow to Dorsett), but get the response.

IMO, the league should be looking at that Kesler hit. Not sure what his history is off the top of my head, but that's worth a couple of games. Threw the chicken wing out, principle point of contact was the head.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Kassian is an idiot.

Yeah, they didn't call the first one, but they will call the retaliation. They obviously will, that was just completely blatant. They should have called the elbow, which was the catalyst I guess, but that doesn't excuse what he did.

If you think Marchand and Lucic take stupid penalties, he takes 10x more while being 10x worse. I don't get the obsession with him. He's ****ing awful. He stepped up for his teammate, great, but he hurts them even more in the game. He would be the whipping boy within 5 minutes.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Gotta be honest, don't think Emelin should be suspended. A little reckless, but it looked like Spezza was going to take the puck and skate forward, but he did the little half turn at the last second.

A 5 minute major seems like a fair enough punishment for probably not being careful enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad