GDT: Out of Town NHL Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
How many times have I read on these boards that if were "honest", I'd love to have Subban on the Bruins?

Never ever ever would I cheer for **** like that. Ever.

Couldn't agree more. He's talented, he's personable off the ice, and he's absolute clownshoes on it. He reminds me of the time Deion Sanders, while playing for the Yankees, didn't run out a pop-up. Carlton Fisk, who was catching, just ROARED at him that he was a disgrace to the uniform. Fisk defending the honor of the Yankees! :laugh: But as much as I loathe the Habs, that's how I feel watching Subban. Have some respect for that damn uniform you're wearing.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
How many times have I read on these boards that if were "honest", I'd love to have Subban on the Bruins?

Never ever ever would I cheer for **** like that. Ever.

I wouldn't want PK on the Bruins either.

The habs fans like to say Marchand is a worse diver/embellisher than Subban, but I strongly disagree.

PK is in a class of his own when it comes to making a total fool of himself.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
This Chicago/LA game is great, fast and mean.

Fantastic game, those two teams always put on a great show.

I'm anxious for Saturday's game against LA. If the Bruins are 'in between identities,' as has been alluded to, playing against a team that plays a heavy style (like the 'big bad Bruins') might rekindle that spark. LA's got some big guys, that hit hard and finish their checks. Regehr, Greene, Clifford, King, Nolan, etc. The skill of Chicago dominated early, but the Kings' physicality seemed to take its toll by the end of the game. Very similar to last year's WCF, actually.

As for tonight's games, Dallas/Ottawa was exciting, with Dallas tallying 2 short-handed empty net goals from the other end of the ice. And I don't know how long it will last, but Minnesota's GM is looking like a genius for bringing in Dubnyk.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Couldn't agree more. He's talented, he's personable off the ice, and he's absolute clownshoes on it. He reminds me of the time Deion Sanders, while playing for the Yankees, didn't run out a pop-up. Carlton Fisk, who was catching, just ROARED at him that he was a disgrace to the uniform. Fisk defending the honor of the Yankees! :laugh: But as much as I loathe the Habs, that's how I feel watching Subban. Have some respect for that damn uniform you're wearing.

:laugh: Priceless!

I'll have to youtube that.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If a guy asks to fight and its refused ok fine .Might be timing etc.But once Kreider grabbed him it should have been on.Then later Subban goes towards him to referance fighting and when Kreider noticed he skated after him but Subban went to bench.Not sure if Kreider knew right away what he was unsinuating.Myself I think a player needs to just start throwing bombs on Subban .Fight or get smoked.He needs a good lesson taught to him.He comes on media everytime to downplaying this sort of stuff after game.Guess he always thinking about next time facing them.lol

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
If a guy asks to fight and its refused ok fine .Might be timing etc.But once Kreider grabbed him it should have been on.Then later Subban goes towards him to referance fighting and when Kreider noticed he skated after him but Subban went to bench.Not sure if Kreider knew right away what he was unsinuating.Myself I think a player needs to just start throwing bombs on Subban .Fight or get smoked.He needs a good lesson taught to him.He comes on media everytime to downplaying this sort of stuff after game.Guess he always thinking about next time facing them.lol

I must build a pyramid of question marks.

?
??
???
????
?????

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I must build a pyramid of question marks.

?
??
???
????
?????

Or maybe you can try and comprehending what he is saying? His english may not be good but it's easy to understand what he is saying.

Seems like every post of yours is negative or you're looking down on someone.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
haven`t a clue why I am taking so much joy, yet again, watching the Leafs implode

Hardly a "rival" for the B`s other than being in the same division

Loss to the Yotes.....oh man, how fun is this?:)

Vdub

Live Free or Die
Dec 21, 2013
Or maybe you can try and comprehending what he is saying? His english may not be good but it's easy to understand what he is saying.

Seems like every post of yours is negative or you're looking down on someone.

I always suspected kytem2 a habs fan trolling our board

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I wouldn't want PK on the Bruins either.

The habs fans like to say Marchand is a worse diver/embellisher than Subban, but I strongly disagree.

PK is in a class of his own when it comes to making a total fool of himself.

I wouldn't mind having his talent in the team but don't think I could take his antics. I agree he's worse than Marchand and he gets away with far more antics than he should imo.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
haven`t a clue why I am taking so much joy, yet again, watching the Leafs implode

Hardly a "rival" for the B`s other than being in the same division

Loss to the Yotes.....oh man, how fun is this?:)

There's something wrong with the Leafs. They have no leadership, coaching and GM imo are suspect and even their talented players can't pull together and consistently win. Their biggest claim to fame in recent years is losing a game 7 to the Bruins in the first round.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Amazing the refs got that right. You can see the ref indicating that he faked throwing his gloves off. Perfectly handled.

Yep, that needs to happen far more often. Goading a guy into a fight by pretending to drop them shouldn't be rewarded.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
There's something wrong with the Leafs. They have no leadership, coaching and GM imo are suspect and even their talented players can't pull together and consistently win. Their biggest claim to fame in recent years is losing a game 7 to the Bruins in the first round.

Hiring Shanahan, who, as far as I know, has about as much front office experience as Daffy Duck surely isn`t the way to move forward in a positive way

That corporation just does it to themselves

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
:laugh: Priceless!

I'll have to youtube that.

Famous story. And that useless showboater Deion actually came to the plate his next at bat and mumbled "The days of slavery are over" to Fisk. He's lucky Pudge didn't rip his head off and shove it up his ass. Deion was what, 6', 200 lbs? Whereas Fisk was a freaking human oak tree.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Hiring Shanahan, who, as far as I know, has about as much front office experience as Daffy Duck surely isn`t the way to move forward in a positive way

That corporation just does it to themselves

Yeah...I agree..Shanahan seemed to me to be a PR move...has had no front office experience and his role in NHL discipline was somewhat checkered...

Bad move considering Nonis has done such a poor job as GM

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah...I agree..Shanahan seemed to me to be a PR move...has had no front office experience and his role in NHL discipline was somewhat checkered...

Bad move considering Nonis has done such a poor job as GM

That Clarkson contract and how it`s constructed makes it nearly impossible to get out under from. Some on this board speak about Chia as though he paid Kelly 6 mill a year, I`ll agree that Kelly and Soupy IMO are the overpaid players on this roster but I`d also argue, not much if we go by NHL money

Betcha if Kelly were to be a UFA this summer, he`d easily snag a deal worth what he`s earning now with most likely a raise from his current cap hit

On the Leafs, it`s so many of the exact same player and one of the worst mistakes made was handing Dion both that contract along with a C for his jersey....ludicrous

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
That Clarkson contract and how it`s constructed makes it nearly impossible to get out under from. Some on this board speak about Chia as though he paid Kelly 6 mill a year, I`ll agree that Kelly and Soupy IMO are the overpaid players on this roster but I`d also argue, not much if we go by NHL money

Betcha if Kelly were to be a UFA this summer, he`d easily snag a deal worth what he`s earning now with most likely a raise from his current cap hit

On the Leafs, it`s so many of the exact same player and one of the worst mistakes made was handing Dion both that contract along with a C for his jersey....ludicrous

Phaneuf signing was a joke...probably one of the worst captains in the league

Phaneuf and Clarkson signings are atrocious and will hamper that franchise for years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad