Our Stadium Series jerseys look like....

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Not at all a fan, so I guess I just won't buy one. If you vote with your wallets, they'll hear you.

Well it's not like they can go "well nobody is buying them, better go back to the drawing board."

It's a one-off jersey, so its impact on the team brand will be minimal at worst. Personally I wish they just did a more "modernized" version of the Red Wings current jersey (similar to what Chicago did with theirs), but whatever.

They do look better with the white gloves and on a person, at least.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Well it's not like they can go "well nobody is buying them, better go back to the drawing board."

It's a one-off jersey, so its impact on the team brand will be minimal at worst. Personally I wish they just did a more "modernized" version of the Red Wings current jersey (similar to what Chicago did with theirs), but whatever.

They do look better with the white gloves and on a person, at least.

It won't change anything now, but it can discourage similar designs down the road. I wish they'd just leave the jersey alone, or take one from the past. I still favor the old horizontal striped jerseys they wore back in...91? 92? for a few games.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
It won't change anything now, but it can discourage similar designs down the road. I wish they'd just leave the jersey alone, or take one from the past. I still favor the old horizontal striped jerseys they wore back in...91? 92? for a few games.

They haven't done third jerseys since I can remember (ever?), and I don't see it changing now.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
They haven't done third jerseys since I can remember (ever?), and I don't see it changing now.

Not as a third jersey, but for all of these special events. They have a special jersey for every outdoor game, they had them for (I think) the NHL's anniversary in the early 90s, etc. I think bringing back a classic jersey is maybe the best way of commemorating a special event. In the States, the NHL's history isn't exactly well known or exalted, not like MLBs, or even the NBA or NFL.

Here's an image of the striped jersey in action
vladimirkonstantinov.jpg

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Right, but the stadium series has nothing to do with heritage, as can be seen from every single jersey that has been made for the events. It wasn't going to be a "classic" jersey, no matter how much it annoys me.

They are so few and far between, I don't really see the big negative impact this jersey design will bring.

I will admit I would love to see those striped jerseys for just a game or something. They may be one of the worst Wings jerseys, but I have a soft spot for them.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
It's bad because it's bad, not because it's not traditional.

I try to be as objective (well as objective as a subjective opinion can be) as possible when it comes to jerseys. What I mean by that is I don't automatically hate something just because it's modern or automatically like something because it's traditional.

For example I like some of the crazy uniforms you see in college football these days and there are others I think are terrible.

In this case I just don't think the sash looks good and I'm not a fan of that D logo.

I also think hockey jerseys should almost almost always have some kind of stripe(s) on the bottom, the only jersey I can think of that I ever liked that didn't was the lady liberty Rangers in the late 90s-early 00s. It just looks like something is missing without. Perfect example is the Hawks jersey above. Add a few stripes on the waist and that's a decent looking one-off jersey (besides the terrible collar.)

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Right, but the stadium series has nothing to do with heritage, as can be seen from every single jersey that has been made for the events. It wasn't going to be a "classic" jersey, no matter how much it annoys me.

They are so few and far between, I don't really see the big negative impact this jersey design will bring.

I will admit I would love to see those striped jerseys for just a game or something. They may be one of the worst Wings jerseys, but I have a soft spot for them.

To tie the jerseys into the event they just need some big fat dollar signs on the shoulders and crest. I'm not a fan of the stadium series in general, though. It makes money hand over fist, but I think it took something away from the uniqueness of the outdoor games.

And those striped uniforms are ugly as hell, but for some reason I think they're my favorite.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The "Red Wings" written out on the collar is an especially terrible design. The whole thing is just bad.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I think some of those Vancouver jerseys back in the day could give this one a run for its money in terms of badness. Also the islanders fisherman logo

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Well that is definitely hyperbole.

I mean, it's obviously subjective whether it's a good jersey or not. Or, obvious to reasonable people, at least. So anyway, when somebody posts their opinion up, you just kind of make yourself seem like a total jackass by disputing it, because there's no point in it. [MOD]

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
I mean, it's obviously subjective whether it's a good jersey or not. Or, obvious to reasonable people, at least. So anyway, when somebody posts their opinion up, you just kind of make yourself seem like a total jackass by disputing it, because there's no point in it. [MOD]

Thanks.

I dig the jersey for what it is-a one off in the stadium series vein.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008

Thanks.

Well considering some of the monstrosities that have been showcased in the NHL's history, and considering there are at least three jerseys that have been panned as some of the worst in professional sports (The BK Jersey, the St. Louis Jazz Cat, and the Ducks Explosion from Ice jersey), I would say that your statement can be argued as hyperbole.

Opinions are disputed and discussed all the time. I don't think I was insulting you with the comment, but more arguing that the opinion you had was a little drastic all things considered.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013

Thanks.

Do you know what hyperbole means? :laugh: Your reaction is a little much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad