Blue Jays Discussion: Our Playoff Adventure WILL Return To Toronto (Playoff avatars: posts 1-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Jays should do a last minute battery powered air humidifier giveaway.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
I can't wait for today's game. I'll probably have it on mute to avoid hearing the word "turf" 6000 times.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Who ever was responsible for drafting Stroman 22nd overall in 2012 and then signing him, deserves a raise and a promotion.

This story is writing itself. Go Jays Go.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Reading up on Stroman's College stats

Appeared in 97 games as a position player, making 83 starts
Hit .252 (76-for-301) with two home runs, 19 doubles, four triples, 35 RBI and 49 runs scored
Stole 25 bases in 32 attempts

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
The fans would likely use them wrong...Much like the white towels.

How'd they use them wrong?:laugh:

Everybody needs to stop with the roof. We knew MLB would regulate it, we knew it's never been open for a post season game, and we knew we live in Canada and it's often quite cold in mid October. I wasn't expecting it to be open at all, I'm not sure why some of you thought differently? .... Even still, it's closed. Focus on something else.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
How'd they use them wrong?:laugh:

Everybody needs to stop with the roof. We knew MLB would regulate it, we knew it's never been open for a post season game, and we knew we live in Canada and it's often quite cold in mid October. I wasn't expecting it to be open at all, I'm not sure why some of you thought differently? .... Even still, it's closed. Focus on something else.

Waving the towels when your team is in the field is not good. Makes it harder to pick the ball up when it's hit for infielders. You wave the towel when the other team is in the field and your at bat.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Well, he's going to get a raise.

Who you should really thank is Tyler Beede.

Hmmm... I've always been told that AA screwed up and Rogers was super cheap because they wouldn't sign Beede for what he wanted.

Are you suggesting that might have been... a good move? That's impossible!

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Waving the towels when your team is in the field is not good. Makes it harder to pick the ball up when it's hit for infielders. You wave the towel when the other team is in the field and your at bat.

As someone who has immediately pocketed and not moved the towel for every game they've been given out so far, I still can't blame the fans on that one. Why give out towels if they're an active distraction to the team half the time?

They need to walk around with more of the foam J's.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Both my classes got cancelled tonight :laugh: (4-6 and 6-8)

I wish my work got cancelled, but I have to work 7pm to 7 am tonight, I hope the game is over by 6 pm, if only Buhrle was pitching, he pitches a quick game. I think I'll have to leave for work by the 4th or 5th inning unless I call in sick with the bird flu or Blue Jay fever. My boss would never buy that I've been a fan since 1977 and it would be too obvious even if I was REALLY sick, they wouldn't believe me.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm done work at 4, should be just enough time to get to the car for first pitch :)

Small interruptions as I get the kids and then get in the house.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
As someone who has immediately pocketed and not moved the towel for every game they've been given out so far, I still can't blame the fans on that one. Why give out towels if they're an active distraction to the team half the time?

yup

you dont hand out 50,000 towels for fans to wave and assume they know some unwritten code of towel conduct that requires them not to wave them

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

It's absolutely true. Can't blame the fans, because how would they know? Unless some kind of announcement was made.

Could always do those thunder sticks like Anaheim did. Or vuvuzelas like in soccer....wait, those seem worse.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Could simply make the towel blue instead of the same color of the ball.

Suggested multiple times, and the answer is 'it doesn't look as good on TV'

So basically the Jays are potentially impacting their defense for a 10 second crowd shot at the start of the broadcast.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Suggested multiple times, and the answer is 'it doesn't look as good on TV'

So basically the Jays are potentially impacting their defense for a 10 second crowd shot at the start of the broadcast.

Level playing field for both teams though. When it comes to offense they have one of the better batter's eyes in terms of contrast. Comeon aub you're better than this. Players have dealt with it perfectly fine in the past and now it's an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad