Blue Jays Discussion: Our Playoff Adventure WILL Return To Toronto (Playoff avatars: posts 1-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Stroman better have a good game otherwise we will have to listen to Zaun explain why you don't go with a short pitcher in an elimination game.

Or
Why Hutch wasn't on the roster as he should have started because he "wins games"

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Stroman better have a good game otherwise we will have to listen to Zaun explain why you don't go with a short pitcher in an elimination game.
LOL. or that we should have went with Price who choked in Game 1 and had an ERA of 9 in Game 4.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
MLB said it was about having the best conditions possible for baseball.
You say it's a safety issue.
I say the people who own the Dome should decide (their property).

I told my buddies at hockey this morning that ... in protest ... I was going to lie down and duck tape myself to the rail the dome moves on to protest MLB closing the dome.
Like this guy, but GTA style.
5498746_orig.jpg

Surely some maintenance guy could find something broken and put the Dome Roof "under maintenance".

I agree, especially if you have home field advantage, the home team should have the advantage of their home stadium. Today it would be better for the roof to be closed, it's cool, possible rain, games 1 and 2 the roof should have been open, MLB made a mistake on those games.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
wouldn't it be pretty easy to just pretend the dome is broken and won't close? What's MLB gonna do?

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
wouldn't it be pretty easy to just pretend the dome is broken and won't close? What's MLB gonna do?

That may have worked in game 1 because there was really no reason to have it closed then, it was 17 C sunny and pleasant at game time, but today it's cloudy threatening rain and cool and a high of 13 C.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
It's never been closed in the post-season.

There's just no reason to keep it open. I doubt any of the players on either team would choose to have it open.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Frankly, if the Jays can't win with the roof closed, they don't deserve to win at all.

All this nonsense about the roof and the start times just makes the Jays fanbase look like whiners. While I don't think MLB was conspiring against the Jays initially, they may be now -- just to stop the whining.

Last edited:

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto

Kind of OT but it's been nice to not have to listen to Pat Tabler and actually hear analysis.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Awww didn't know that :( because Jerry Haworth etc are broadcasting the game correct? on the fan590?

MLB sells a Gameday Audio package for about $20 a year that provides Internet access to radio broadcasts for all teams through mlb.com (for computers) and the At Bat app (for mobile devices).

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Frankly, if the Jays can't win with the roof closed, they don't deserve to win at all.

All this nonsense about the roof and the start times just makes the Jays fanbase look like whiners. While I don't think MLB was conspiring against the Jays initially, they may be now -- just to stop the whining.

Its really dumb, especially for this game.

a) its cold
b) when scheduling the DH back on Saturday, made far more sense to schedule the 1-1 series as a primetime G5 than the 2-0 series to avoid having to move game times

Trouba95*

So ****ing nervous. I also know anything can happen in one game of baseball so no expectations. Go Jays!!!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Jays record with dome closed 11-14. The MLB is a joke.

I ****ING HOPE PEOPLE DO REALIZE THE ROOF BEING CLOSED HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR RECORD WHILE THE ROOF IS CLOSED.

Seriously, do people forget the roof is ALWAYS closed in April and parts of May (due to the cold), THE EXACT TIME WHERE OUR PITCHING WAS ****ING GARBAGE, and was almost always open in the summer (due to permitting weather), RIGHT WHEN THE TEAM STARTED GOING ON THAT TEAR IN AUGUST?!

I'm sorry, but just the fact that some think that our record with the dome closed has anything to do with the dome actually being closed... my god. Talk about REACHING. Plus, it has to be closed today, too cold.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
What's the theory with the dome open vs closed, besides the record? Is the ball supposed to carry better or something with it open?

Leaf_Crazy

Jan 22, 2003
Toronto
Game 2 dome should have been open.

This game dome should be closed.

Either way, other than making our **** stadium look 100x better the Dome shouldn't matter =)

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
What's the theory with the dome open vs closed, besides the record? Is the ball supposed to carry better or something with it open?

That and the Jays are supposed to be more use to the Dome being open. Because, you know, other teams don't play outdoors.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

In theory, the ball carries better to centre field when open (depending on weather).

When the weather is cold, however, it likely travels better when the roof is closed (hilariously).

It literally has nothing to do with an advantage or disadvantage to either team.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I ****ING HOPE PEOPLE DO REALIZE THE ROOF BEING CLOSED HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR RECORD WHILE THE ROOF IS CLOSED.

Seriously, do people forget the roof is ALWAYS closed in April and parts of May (due to the cold), THE EXACT TIME WHERE OUR PITCHING WAS ****ING GARBAGE, and was almost always open in the summer (due to permitting weather), RIGHT WHEN THE TEAM STARTED GOING ON THAT TEAR IN AUGUST?!

I'm sorry, but just the fact that some think that our record with the dome closed has anything to do with the dome actually being closed... my god. Talk about REACHING. Plus, it has to be closed today, too cold.

So what you're saying is the dome being open or closed has everything to do with our record?

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

Yep, presumably the ball carries better. So Edwin's deep fly to the wall in extras of game 2 may have been in the stands with the roof open.

However, we do know that the ball travels better in humid air, and it's not exactly humid even with the roof open, so I doubt that it would actually influence much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad