Our beloved Metro division watch thread.

Where will the Jackets finish in the Metro?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Buffalo only one point out of wild card spot; Carolina 2. Philly 0nly 6. Going to be a race to the wire. Of course Jarmo's job just got tougher.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Thursday's going to be a big day. We play the Islanders and can cut down their division lead to 3 points (with a game in hand) with a regulation win AND the Capitals are playing @ San Jose, where they're expecting Erik Karlsson to return to the lineup. Sharks have been on a roll lately without EK65.

Reactions: Bobcat110

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Once again things didn't go the way we wanted.

Todays Games To Watch:

New York Islanders @ Columbus
Washington @ San Jose
Montreal @ Nashville

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Once again things didn't go the way we wanted.

Todays Games To Watch:

New York Islanders @ Columbus
Washington @ San Jose
Montreal @ Nashville

Who cares, Pittsburgh has two more games played than us at this moment and they didn't look too great beating a crappy Oilers squad last night.

I get you're speaking for yourself, but Tuesday was a great day for us with the Islanders losing and us beating the Caps. Look ahead, not back behind us. We're pushing for the #1 or #2 spot, not a wild card. But doom and gloom, as always.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Being realistic =/= doom and gloom

This is true, but it's people using realistic as an alternative to optimistic that's the issue. (Actually, the issue is the need to designate things as one or the other, but that's pretty philosophical for a message board - although Monk seems to get it.)

That said, I believe that calling Wennberg's assessment "doom and gloom" is a mischaracterization.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Being realistic =/= doom and gloom
This is true and it is true that at this point the Jackets control their own destiny. But historically that has led to doom and gloom in Jackets Land.

We are a conditioned fanbase.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Preds beat montreal and Washington leads 2-1. Not all bad but not not ideal either

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
The Jackets would have to travel to Chicago when they are on a roll, playing the best hockey they
have played in the past 2+ years

Yeah, and the Jackets end of season schedule is absolutely brutal. Probably the hardest end of season schedule of any team in the league (I don't know this). I think only like 3-4 of the teams we play the rest of the way aren't in a playoff spot/playoff race.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
A carolina and Buffalo win tomorrow night would make things... interesting..

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
A carolina and Buffalo win tomorrow night would make things... interesting..

Both at home, both against poor teams. Our odds aren't so hot for a positive result tomorrow.

New York Rangers
@ Buffalo
Edmonton @ Carolina

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Thursday's going to be a big day. We play the Islanders and can cut down their division lead to 3 points (with a game in hand) with a regulation win AND the Capitals are playing @ San Jose, where they're expecting Erik Karlsson to return to the lineup. Sharks have been on a roll lately without EK65.

The best laid plans...o_O

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Both at home, both against poor teams. Our odds aren't so hot for a positive result tomorrow.

New York Rangers
@ Buffalo
Edmonton @ Carolina

Pessimism/optimism aside, you continue to make these posts about what "we" want or what's good for "us" - but what you view as positive isn't universally accepted as positive, and in fact may be the minority view.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Pessimism/optimism aside, you continue to make these posts about what "we" want or what's good for "us" - but what you view as positive isn't universally accepted as positive, and in fact may be the minority view.

What? I'm pretty sure its unanimously accepted that in order for the CBJ to have the best chance at making the playoffs, they would need Edmonton and NYR to win, ideally in regulation. Isn't the playoffs what most of the fans want?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
What? I'm pretty sure its unanimously accepted that in order for the CBJ to have the best chance at making the playoffs, they would need Edmonton and NYR to win, ideally in regulation. Isn't the playoffs what most of the fans want?

Yeah maybe that exact post wasn't the best example. What I'm saying is the outcomes you're expecting/rooting for are different from the outcomes others are expecting/rooting for, but your posts make it seem like your perspective on what is a positive outcome in specific matchup situations is "universal" when it's not.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Yeah maybe that exact post wasn't the best example. What I'm saying is the outcomes you're expecting/rooting for are different from the outcomes others are expecting/rooting for, but your posts make it seem like your perspective on what is a positive outcome in specific matchup situations is "universal" when it's not.

Maybe? The only time I can remember this happening was the Sabres/Islanders game where I said we should root for the Isles and the majority said Sabres. However, I think people were thinking too boldly as we were on a winning streak. If we were fresh off a loss, or say, if the Sabres were to be within one win of tying us, I think people's thoughts would drastically change.

I was of the thinking that most fans want to make the playoffs. I was/am quite surprised that there's a hefty sum here that think the playoffs are a lock (Given we keep Panarin/Bob). I don't think this roster is even close to good enough to be a lock for anything. (Capitals, Penguins, Boston have earned that right. CBJ have not.)

I can stop bolding the team we should want, if you'd prefer that. Most of them are straight forward anyway. The main goal is to inform people of the games on hand that day, not cause debate.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Maybe? The only time I can remember this happening was the Sabres/Islanders game where I said we should root for the Isles and the majority said Sabres. However, I think people were thinking too boldly as we were on a winning streak. If we were fresh off a loss, or say, if the Sabres were to be within one win of tying us, I think people's thoughts would drastically change.

I was of the thinking that most fans want to make the playoffs. I was/am quite surprised that there's a hefty sum here that think the playoffs are a lock (Given we keep Panarin/Bob). I don't think this roster is even close to good enough to be a lock for anything. (Capitals, Penguins, Boston have earned that right. CBJ have not.)

I can stop bolding the team we should want, if you'd prefer that. Most of them are straight forward anyway. The main goal is to inform people of the games on hand that day, not cause debate.

You're doing it again in this post, using "we." PD9 called you out for the same thing above, but used the expression "doom and gloom" so we focused on the semantics of what defines a pessimist/optimist/realist instead. I don't care what you bold, but when you say an outcome is what "we" want, it doesn't always reflect what the collective "we" actually does believe is best. It's what YOU want and what YOU think is best, and I'd prefer you make that clear (and you're right, sometimes it IS clear and objective, but in other cases it's not).

To put it another way, you're projecting your "doom and gloom" ( :naughty: ) outlook onto the rest of us, and we don't like it!

Quick Edit to say, everything above aside, I do appreciate you posting these influential matchups. Your intent is totally appreciated by me.

Last edited:

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Carolina wins and Buffalo loses. Canes one point back, but Jackets have two games in hand. Sabres are four back and Jackets have one game in hand. Going to be tight down the stretch for the wild card spots.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Flyers just got Cam Talbot. While he's not special he's better than Stolarz. Flyers aren't giving up quite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad