Our beloved Metro division watch thread.

Where will the Jackets finish in the Metro?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Figured we should make a thread specifically for our division as the season dwindles down. post scores, standings, stats, chat about the division here!

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Carolina up 2-0 nearing the end of the 2nd period in Pittsburgh. With a win, they will pull to within one point of our WC spot, for the time being.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
This thread makes be anxious!

Lots of drama is guaranteed to happen and to be discussed here. I hope that Im wrong.

WC1 is my prediction.

WC2 or below would be a disaster.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Jackets need to keep winning as Carolina & Philly come alive. If playoffs started today it would be Jackets vs Tampa Bay. Oy!

Reactions: Madifer

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Wonder if the Islanders will come back down to Earth. It's hard to win low-scoring games every night.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
We are going to miss by a tie-breaker and then win the lottery. Jarmo will draft Jack Hughes and draw criticism for again not taking the Finn.

Hughes will slot in next to Dubois and Atkinson next season. The line will be called The Breakfast Club because it is directed by Jack Hughes who sounds like John Hughes. Could also be the Break Fast club if Atkinson and Hughes get a lot of breakaways.

He will live with Atkinson whose family has in turn moved in with Marty St. Louis and their household will be like Full House except instead of Bob Saget, John Stamos, and Dave Coulier it will be a trio of elite scoring midget wingers.

Last edited:

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
We are going to miss by a tie-breaker and then win the lottery. Jarmo will draft Jack Hughes and draw criticism for again not taking the Finn.

Hughes will slot in next to Dubois and Atkinson next season. The line will be called The Breakfast Club because it is directed by Jack Hughes who sounds like John Hughes. Could also be the Break Fast club if Atkinson and Hughes get a lot of breakaways.

He will live with Atkinson whose family has in turn moved in with Marty St. Louis and their household will be like Full House except instead of Bob Saget, John Stamos, and Dave Coulier it will be a trio of elite scoring midget wingers.
You forgot the part where you win the Powerball and Miss America throws herself into your arms.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
No frick'in idea. It's fairly hard to attempt a prediction when we have no idea what our roster will look like in another 3 weeks. When the season started, I was nervous about the team. I wasn't all that optimistic. I tend to still feel that way.

We just have to much money tied up in questionable players. It's hard to keep winning when you have so much salary not producing. In the past Bob's play help offset that. Right now it's hard for us to win if we're no scoring 3 or more goals. It's getting to the point where we need more than 3 goals.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Carolina is too talented to be that boring. I want to root for them to get in, but goodness they can be a chore to watch sometimes.

Reactions: cslebn

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Games to Watch (Bolded team is who you should want to win for playoffs)

Carolina @ New Jersey
Minnesota
@ New York Islanders
Winnipeg @ Buffalo

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Islanders win another low-scoring affair. They'll be tough in the playoffs assuming goaltending doesn't go south. Nice that Carolina and Buffalo lost.

Reactions: CPTN71

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Next 5 games: Caps, Isles, (streaking) Hawks, Bolts & Habs. Need to get at least 5 points here to remain in a playoff spot, imo. I'd take them against Caps, Isles & Habs. Then Ottawa & Sharks before the TDL. Interesting stretch with lots of implications.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Games to Watch: (Bolded on who you want to win)

Pittsburgh @ Philadelphia (really you can root either way. Voting Pittsburgh means you keep the Flyers away, voting Flyers means you keep Pittsburgh away)
LA @ Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad