Our beloved Metro division watch thread.

Where will the Jackets finish in the Metro?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
Det has been hot last few games. Beat the sharks, golden knights and now bruins. Praying pit losses 2 of next 3 and we win out. Crazier things have happened! Plus like i said det is playing good hockey right now.

Reactions: CBJfan4evr

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
If we get in, it looks like our playoff season would start on 4/10 if we play TBL or WSH.

Amalie Arena (TBL) has a KISS show on 4/11 and Capital One Arena (WSH) has already penciled in 4/10 and 4/12 for Games 1 & 2 on their website.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Sort of curious how Boston will play Tuesday. They have nothing to gain since they are comfortably in 2nd in the Atlantic. Their priority from here on out should be to not get hurt before the playoffs.

Reactions: Madifer

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If we get in, it looks like our playoff season would start on 4/10 if we play TBL or WSH.

Amalie Arena (TBL) has a KISS show on 4/11 and Capital One Arena (WSH) has already penciled in 4/10 and 4/12 for Games 1 & 2 on their website.
Not sure how that would be penciled in already since the schedule won’t be official until late Saturday night or Sunday. It all comes down to tv scheduling around the final matchups and their arena appears to be completely available that week. If Tampa can’t play at home on the 11th I’d think they would play on the 10th and the Caps would play on the 11th to try to maximize tv ratings.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Perfect scenario elsewhere would be

1. Carolina losing out. So we can get WC1 at least.
2. Isles winning out. That gets them to 105 points and allows Washington to win one game out of their final 3. They play Montreal on Thursday, so they could give them the death nail, and lose the other two games to Florida and NYI.

Then we would play NYI other than Tampa or Washington.

We barely have an easier schedule than Carolina (BOS, @ NYR, @ OTT vs @ TOR, NJD, @ PHI) with Montreal having the hardest schedule (TB, @ WSH, TOR).

If we win the games we're supposed to (NYR, OTT) that gets us to 98 points. That would eliminate Montreal regardless of what they do, and make Carolina have to go 3-0 to pass us for WC1.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
If the Isles were to lose their last 3 and we win our last 3, we would actually pass them.

That scenario is not likely, though, so I think we should be pulling for the Isles to actually win tonight. A Toronto loss would clinch home-ice for Boston and give them a chance to roll over tomorrow night.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
If the Isles were to lose their last 3 and we win our last 3, we would actually pass them.

That scenario is not likely, though, so I think we should be pulling for the Isles to actually win tonight. A Toronto loss would clinch home-ice for Boston and give them a chance to roll over tomorrow night.

I am confident in the CBJ's ability to win or lose that game irrespective of Boston's intent.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Thats good. Vasi is having a very poor streak and looks tired. Yet they still keep playing him every game for some reason. Hope it costs them in the PO.

It appears to me Tampa is investing a lot in ending the poor streak on helpless Ottawa and throwing away the Montreal game. So, I wouldn't call this good. We'll likely have to rely on Washington beating them on Thursday, and they may go with Copley so they have Holtby rested and ready for the Islander game.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
It appears to me Tampa is investing a lot in ending the poor streak on helpless Ottawa and throwing away the Montreal game. So, I wouldn't call this good. We'll likely have to rely on Washington beating them on Thursday, and they may go with Copley so they have Holtby rested and ready for the Islander game.

Domingue is an excellent goalie so I wouldnt go as far as saying that they are throwing it away.

Just checked the odds: CBJ has 4% chance to win it all. Tampa has 40% chance.

Im tempted to throw €200 on cbj for a €5k reward ;o

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

You’re overthinking this to the extreme. Montreal is in the rear view mirror now.

Reactions: Bobcat110

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Not sure how that would be penciled in already since the schedule won’t be official until late Saturday night or Sunday. It all comes down to tv scheduling around the final matchups and their arena appears to be completely available that week. If Tampa can’t play at home on the 11th I’d think they would play on the 10th and the Caps would play on the 11th to try to maximize tv ratings.
Apparently there is an arena football game at Capital One Arena on the 11th.

That's why it's looking like an April 10th start if we play TBL or WSH.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Apparently there is an arena football game at Capital One Arena on the 11th.

That's why it's looking like an April 10th start if we play TBL or WSH.
AFL season starts at the end of April and it looks like their first home game is May 11th. The Destroyers are back at Nationwide this year (I'm not sure who actually asked for this) and they don't even have any players yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad