Our beloved Metro division watch thread.

Where will the Jackets finish in the Metro?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Well, the CBJ certainly have the more favorable schedule coming up. Montreal's last 4 games are really tough bordering on brutal, They need the one against us on Thursday bad. 3 of 4 points in the next two games should set us up that that first round loss to Tampa quite nicely.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
CBJ and Canes results in the past week have cleared the picture up if nothing else. Two teams for one spot. I know we like to decide things ahead of time but it could come down to the last game(s) of the season.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Man I’ll tell ya, I can’t wait to watch us limp into a 1st round matchup with Tampa and get blown away by a 10+ goal deficit over the series.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Man I’ll tell ya, I can’t wait to watch us limp into a 1st round matchup with Tampa and get blown away by a 10+ goal deficit over the series.

Go into the playoffs, IF they make it, with no expectations. Then if they win 1 game, we can be happy. If they win 2 games, ecstatic and if they win the series, its a one in a lifetime event.

I do think that Tampa will win the SC but there will be a lot of pressure on them.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Go into the playoffs, IF they make it, with no expectations. Then if they win 1 game, we can be happy. If they win 2 games, ecstatic and if they win the series, its a one in a lifetime event.

I do think that Tampa will win the SC but there will be a lot of pressure on them.
Agreed. The team is fighting it when the pressure is on. However if nobody expects us to beat the TBL then maybe we can play some good hockey and surprise them.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Everybody cheer for the Panthers tonight. Hopefully they stand a good chance with MTL coming off of a B2B.
FLA plays at TOR tonight. What do we care?

They will on the 2nd game of a B2B tomorrow night when they go to MTL, which of course probably decreases their chance of winning significantly. MTL gets to rest tonight.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
as a habs pure hater,I hope that you guys can clinch a WC2 spot over MTL
(coming in Peace)

54730636_2119555931669512_4766571446883319808_n.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-25_12-41-20.png
    upload_2019-3-25_12-41-20.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL

Tampa’s got about a 25% chance of winning the Stanley Cup, which sounds low but is actually ridiculously high for one team.

We’d probably have about a 20% chance of beating them in a series. Slim odds, but also not a “miracle” or anything like that.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Florida is getting dismantled by Toronto. So don’t expect any help tomorrow.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The Bruins and the Islanders have both done pretty well against the Lightning.

I don't think the Jackets have much of a chance if they go at them the way they did in the regular season. Safe is death just gets picked apart. But if they're willing to do some homework, there's some lessons to be learned. The Islanders have given up 1 goal total in the last two games against the Lightning. The Bruins have beaten them before, and they're leading them right now.

What I've noticed in the Bruins' victories vs the Lightning is that there isn't a lot of available ice in the middle of the rink. Next to no odd-man rushes against. It's not a full court press, and the D aren't jumping in on 4 on 2s. It's counterattacking, it's feeding off of turnovers much more than back and forth rush play.

Edit: and just as I say that, the Bruins, leading 4-2, go in on a 4 on 2 rush, Brandon Carlo misses the net, and the Lightning go back the other way on a 2 on 1 and score. Maybe they shouldn't play "safe is death", it looked like the Jackets vs the Lightning.

Edit #2: the Bruins did it again, and Kucherov scores on the 2 on 1. Tie game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Long Live Lyle

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The Bruins and the Islanders have both done pretty well against the Lightning.

I don't think the Jackets have much of a chance if they go at them the way they did in the regular season. Safe is death just gets picked apart. But if they're willing to do some homework, there's some lessons to be learned. The Islanders have given up 1 goal total in the last two games against the Lightning. The Bruins have beaten them before, and they're leading them right now.

What I've noticed in the Bruins' victories vs the Lightning is that there isn't a lot of available ice in the middle of the rink. Next to no odd-man rushes against. It's not a full court press, and the D aren't jumping in on 4 on 2s. It's counterattacking, it's feeding off of turnovers much more than back and forth rush play.

Edit: and just as I say that, the Bruins, leading 4-2, go in on a 4 on 2 rush, Brandon Carlo misses the net, and the Lightning go back the other way on a 2 on 1 and score. Maybe they shouldn't play "safe is death", it looked like the Jackets vs the Lightning.

Edit #2: the Bruins did it again, and Kucherov scores on the 2 on 1. Tie game.

Final score - 5-4 for the Lightning. The moral of the story is don't give up 2 on 1s to the Lightning, ever. There's some other helpful practices, but that is by far the number one thing. You can lose the territorial game to them and still win, but you can't trade rushes and win.

Reactions: cslebn

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Tampa’s got about a 25% chance of winning the Stanley Cup, which sounds low but is actually ridiculously high for one team.

We’d probably have about a 20% chance of beating them in a series. Slim odds, but also not a “miracle” or anything like that.

I can buy that Tampa has a 25% chance of winning the SC but there is no way CBJ have a 20% chance of beating Tampa. I am curious where these numbers came from. Can you share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad