Our beloved Metro division watch thread.

Where will the Jackets finish in the Metro?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Get what?
While on the subject of not knowing what the hell is going on, the "Metro" is not "beloved" to me. In 1992-1993 (the last season of the Adams, Patrick, Norris and Smythe divisions), the Patrick was the Metro minus Carolina and Columbus. Bring back the old division names.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
While on the subject of not knowing what the hell is going on, the "Metro" is not "beloved" to me. In 1992-1993 (the last season of the Adams, Patrick, Norris and Smythe divisions), the Patrick was the Metro minus Carolina and Columbus. Bring back the old division names.

I'm right there with you. Names like "Southeast" and "Central" have all the charm of a bottle of listerine, like we're fighting to win a trophy at the regional office of a paper company.

Patrick division has luster to my mind - it means Dino Ciccarelli and Rick Tocchet and Brian Leetch. I want us to fight over what they were fighting over.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I bet the Hawks at the Habs tonite, I have a feeling it's going to be a day where every team fighting for that last spot will lose.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Feeling good about getting into the playoffs...WC1 vs WC2 still up in the air. Carolina has a much tougher schedule left. Barring a CBJ collapse WC1 should be in reach.

Reactions: Madifer

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Feeling good about getting into the playoffs...WC1 vs WC2 still up in the air. Carolina has a much tougher schedule left. Barring a CBJ collapse WC1 should be in reach.

Yup. Its all about getting wc1 now.

It would suck to face the future SC champion in the first round yet again.

Reactions: Cowumbus

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
4 back of PIT with a game in hand left and we have ROW edge. Not impossible, but not likely either.

Might be time to start rooting for NYI to win. I’d still rather play them than WSH

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The best part is Carolina and Pittsburgh's next game is against each other. They can't both win. A 3 pt game would suck, but even then it at least gives the Jackets a chance to gain ground on someone.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
4 back of PIT with a game in hand left and we have ROW edge. Not impossible, but not likely either.

Might be time to start rooting for NYI to win. I’d still rather play them than WSH

Agree completely with this. We’re not likely to catch NYI unless they go into a real tailspin.

Despite our record against them (and Washington) this year, I’d also rather play the Isles. Basically the only advantage they have over Washington is coaching. Important? Yes. But I’d rather play the less talented team with the better coach than vice versa. (Also, I’m sure Rierdan had an impact, whether minor or absolutely huge, on their successful strategy/adjustments against us last year.)

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Pens dropping 3 of 4 points at home was a nice surprise. They now have 3 straight road games against playoff teams (CAR, NSH, DAL) WITHOUT Malkin. If they survive this week, they have very light schedule the last 2 weeks to hold their position.

I’m very impressed CBJ took 3 of 4 points from Boston. In both games, the CBJ were playing 2nd night of back-to-back. Adding to the difficulty, the previous night’s game in both instances was against tough Metro teams playing for playoff positioning.

I think Montréal is done. They’re 2-5 in their last 7 with the wins being against Detroit and LA. They haven’t beaten a playoff team in almost a month (CBJ on Feb 19th). Seven of their last 10 games are versus playoff teams. The game in Columbus will be a must win in regulation game for them and then they’ll need 2 more points than CBJ in their other 9 games.

CBJ:
(I) at CAL, NYI, BOS
(II) at NSH, MON
(III) at EDM
(IV) at VAN, at BUF, at NYR, at OTT

CAR:
(I) at TOR, TB, at WSH, WSH
(II) PIT, at PIT, MON
(III) at PHI, MIN, PHI
(IV) NJD

MON
(I) NYI, TB, at WSH, TOR