Our arena situation sucks

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
It may still be true - my point is that we don't know yet for sure. Honestly? The ideal size for the arena probably would be 15,000, like Winnipeg's. That's an achievable target for Arizona the way things stand. But again, what Anthony LeBlanc said about the new arena is moot now that he's out running cannabis stores or whatever.

Good point, it was LeBlanc - the mouthpiece.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Bob Parsons would be a fun owner to follow, kinda Mark Cuban like. I don't see the NHL liking him!!!! And yes I know that isn't what's happening.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Bob Parsons would be a fun owner to follow, kinda Mark Cuban like. I don't see the NHL liking him!!!! And yes I know that isn't what's happening.
I don't think the NHL would like him, they would love him. Could you imagine the marketing Parsons would come up with if he owned the Coyotes. Money talks in these circles.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don't think the NHL would like him, they would love him. Could you imagine the marketing Parsons would come up with if he owned the Coyotes. Money talks in these circles.
The NHL doesn't tend to like those who don't tow the company line, that certainly isn't Parsons. I don't picture him as someone who would give a poop about any team but his own.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I worked around Bob Parsons for years in my previous career and while the NHL would love his wallet, they wouldn't like his methods.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I worked around Bob Parsons for years in my previous career and while the NHL would love his wallet, they wouldn't like his methods.
Interesting, but many business people play on the edge, and sometimes the methods are questioned. Do you really think all the other NHL owners are squeaky clean?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The NHL doesn't tend to like those who don't tow the company line, that certainly isn't Parsons. I don't picture him as someone who would give a poop about any team but his own.
How do you know he wouldn't tow the company line? Because of his marketing?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
How do you know he wouldn't tow the company line? Because of his marketing?
You read any papers or watch any news??? Parsons just doesn't follow along, he changes how things are generally done in everything he touches. Check out his golf course and it's previous Members for exhibit A. The Old Boys Club of owners woukd cringe at the thought and Bettman generally runs a tight ship.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Interesting, but many business people play on the edge, and sometimes the methods are questioned. Do you really think all the other NHL owners are squeaky clean?

It's not the cleanliness of his methods. It's that his particular brand of pushing the envelope isn't the same as the NHL's, and we have ample evidence that guys like that are not welcome in the Boys' Club that is the Board of Governors.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You read any papers or watch any news??? Parsons just doesn't follow along, he changes how things are generally done in everything he touches. Check out his golf course and it's previous Members for exhibit A. The Old Boys Club of owners woukd cringe at the thought and Bettman generally runs a tight ship.

It's not the cleanliness of his methods. It's that his particular brand of pushing the envelope isn't the same as the NHL's, and we have ample evidence that guys like that are not welcome in the Boys' Club that is the Board of Governors.

You guys are reading too much into it. I believe the NHL would welcome Parson's with open arms if he wanted to buy the Yotes. Love to see what our ads would look like. :)

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
As long as its not as crappy as the weed whacker guys I'm happy with any advertising
Exactly. Parsons would get plenty of publicity for the Coyotes. Maybe, if he has no interest in the Coyotes, they can hire him for marketing. This team lacks so much in that area.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

I don't know anything about Parsons, but based off these posts he sounds like the Hurricanes owner. Fair comparison?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Everyone has their price. If he can stabilize the team and stop the bleeding, that's worth $$$ to the other owners.

Asked whether Parsons or YAM Properties is worried about the Coyotes' future at Westgate, Dahl said he did not want to comment on speculation.
Parsons has not considered buying the Coyotes, or the arena, Dahl said.

"the thought of buying the thing that anchors the property never crossed our minds..."

riiiight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad