Our arena situation sucks

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
This and the lottery one will never work. Even the mighty jinx thread has it's limits

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I’m not even worried about it at this point.

The 202 bypass might be enough reason to get me out to a few more games a year. If not, I’m gonna go and enjoy the games that I do go to.

If we lose the team, we lose them. It was a hell of a ride

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Seravalli is primarily a french speaker so "excited" could be in a different context. Also guys that's huge news! 3 options so far, all getting out of Glendale, all in AZ.
I can't open the tweet but are you talking about Frank Saravelli?? He's American and a recent TSN addition.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Again I can't read the tweet but Saravelli is level headed and decent at what he does. Kinda more Lebrun and Mackenzie more than a clicks guy.

Yeah I never said there was anything wrong with Seravalli, just mixed him and someone else up. Seravalli could also be using "excited" as a tongue-in-cheek remark. @Mosby is just one of my favorite passionate Canadian Coyotes fans that's always ready to mop the floor with relocation advocates. :naughty:

this is the tweet text:

"Daly did say Houston “would not distinguish” between expansion and relocation. But before you get excited about the Coyotes, Daly described the Fertitta group as “just getting their feet wet as NBA owners.”

Reactions: Mosby

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Yeah I never said there was anything wrong with Seravalli, just mixed him and someone else up. Seravalli could also be using "excited" as a tongue-in-cheek remark. @Mosby is just one of my favorite passionate Canadian Coyotes fans that's always ready to mop the floor with relocation advocates. :naughty:

this is the tweet text:

"Daly did say Houston “would not distinguish” between expansion and relocation. But before you get excited about the Coyotes, Daly described the Fertitta group as “just getting their feet wet as NBA owners.”
Yeah that might have been a click moment for Frank with a disclaimer!!!

Reactions: RABBIT

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Seravalli is primarily a french speaker so "excited" could be in a different context. Also guys that's huge news! 3 options so far, all getting out of Glendale, all in AZ.

Hopefully not Seattle, Houston, and Quebec haha.

But I’d guess Salt River, Downtown Phoenix, and maybe Scottsdale.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Well I’m never driving to Glendale again. As a result, there’s really no difference between Glendale and Houston. Salt River? Scottsdale? Phoenix? Hell yes!!! But Glendale is already Houston to me.

Reactions: CC96 and Yandover

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Barroway is highly leveraged. I'd only be concerned if there's no news of new partners.

With the success of Vegas and Seattle coming online soon, the increase in revenue and cash money from expansion might get some of the angsty owners to look the other way.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Well I’m never driving to Glendale again. As a result, there’s really no difference between Glendale and Houston. Salt River? Scottsdale? Phoenix? Hell yes!!! But Glendale is already Houston to me.
Allergic to Glendale?
I don't like the drive either, but hopefully in another year the 202 will make it easier.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Major pain to drive, but nothing like seeing NHL live. I'll continue to go to Glendale, look forward to 202 in late 2019 and hope for an EV home soon.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I used to drive 3 hours a half dozen times per year to see the Coyotes in Glendale, now I drive 4 hours once per year when the Coyotes are in St Louis. I could bitch that the stadium isn't closer, or I could go watch live hockey.

P.S. It's messed up that HF is OK with using the Lord's name in vain but referencing a female dog gets the ***** treatment.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I used to drive 2 hours 30 + times a year. I'm sure a few of us have. I don't think anybody's *****ing. I think we're fed up with a city that has given our team so much **** that we're not even willing to drive there anymore.

I will never in a million years understand why Glendale gets so much **** from Coyotes fans. They paid $50 million outright to the NHL to keep the team in Arizona and were held over a barrel for annual subsidies paid to an ownership group that made the Three Stooges look like Mensa members.

I mean, complain all you want about the arena being too far away from you, and about how idiotic Glendale's city council was to pay the NHL's ransom, but good lord, you'd be cheering on the reJets right now if it wasn't for that terrible, awful, irredeemable West Valley city.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I will never in a million years understand why Glendale gets so much **** from Coyotes fans. They paid $50 million outright to the NHL to keep the team in Arizona and were held over a barrel for annual subsidies paid to an ownership group that made the Three Stooges look like Mensa members.

I mean, complain all you want about the arena being too far away from you, and about how idiotic Glendale's city council was to pay the NHL's ransom, but good lord, you'd be cheering on the reJets right now if it wasn't for that terrible, awful, irredeemable West Valley city.

Seems like a touchy subject. I legitimately don't bitch about Glendale, haven't until this post. I am upset about a lot of things as a Coyotes fan. Distance from mass of fan population is one of them. That's not Glendale's fault, but it's a city that harbors the blame because that's just how shit works. Because that's where the Coyotes of '96 went to die. I'm upset about the ass-clowns in the council for obvious reasons, but there were many other pieces of the puzzle that caused this f*** up than just Glendale.

Glendale, Bettman, owenership failures, etc all had a part in this f*** up. Can't expect people to segregate at this point.

Reactions: Yandover

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad