Our arena situation sucks

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Why would a savvy business man want to buy the Coyotes and/or GRA, if the best thing for the team is to move East? Likewise, would would someone buy Westgate, if they intend on buying the Coyotes? Wouldn't they know the issues?

I have spoken about him being a great candidate to buy and fund the team, if nothing more than to advertise and support Arizona, but this transaction surely has no correlation to the team.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Why would a savvy business man want to buy the Coyotes and/or GRA, if the best thing for the team is to move East? Likewise, would would someone buy Westgate, if they intend on buying the Coyotes? Wouldn't they know the issues?

I have spoken about him being a great candidate to buy and fund the team, if nothing more than to advertise and support Arizona, but this transaction surely has no correlation to the team.
All we can do is speculate, but we have no idea what is happening behind those closed doors. My belief is there is no correlation.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
All we can do is speculate, but we have no idea what is happening behind those closed doors. My belief is there is no correlation.

Of course you are correct that we have no idea what's going on behind closed doors but I don't think it would be a bad move to buy Westgate if you were going to buy the Yotes. You could do tons of cross promotions for the businesses there and of course the team is a draw to increase the value of the property. Not everyone believes a move east solves all the team's problems. An owner with deep pockets that doesn't need a government handout would do a hell of a lot more for the team than a move to the east valley especially if his cash allows them to build a consistent winner.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad