Friedman: Ottawa's 7th overall pick is available for trade

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
#7 +#39 + 23 1st for #15 + JT Miller?
Ottawa wants to improve next season but they won’t do it at the expense of their ‘23 first.

How is it an extremely weak draft? No generational guy, but seems pretty deep.
It is very deep, anyone that has followed the draft to degree will agree.

Lots of guys that are going to go in the second and third this year that would be first rounders in other years.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I'd do Pittsburgh's 21 oa + rights to Kasperi Kapanen

Don't think this is a big make or break draft for any team. We either sign him dirt cheap on a 1 year prove it deal or try to ship him off for a 2nd. His QO is 800k FWIW.

• Haha
Reactions: jmelm

99ovr

Apr 15, 2021
If one of Jiricek or Nemec is still there at 7 how about Horvat with an extension?
I've always like Horvat but I think we're looking for a skills winger that can keep up with Stutzle. The value is definitely there with your proposal though.

Nylander + Niemela
For
7th overall + Pinto + Tampa 2nd
0% chance we trade 7OA and Pinto for 2 years of Nylander.

Also somebody brought up Boeser, we all know he doesn't hold the value of a 7OA pick, he's soft and offers nothing but a shot. We also need somoen we can sign long-term, not someone with 2-3 years left.

10YearsAfter

Feb 11, 2014
Connecticut
Although Im sure they'd prefer Shane Pinto, Flyers offer Travis Konecny. I for one will
be glad to see TK go. REBUILD > RETOOL for the FlyBoys

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I've always like Horvat but I think we're looking for a skills winger that can keep up with Stutzle. The value is definitely there with your proposal though.

0% chance we trade 7OA and Pinto for 2 years of Nylander.

Also somebody brought up Boeser, we all know he doesn't hold the value of a 7OA pick, he's soft and offers nothing but a shot. We also need somoen we can sign long-term, not someone with 2-3 years left.
What would the Sens need in a deal for Pinto ?

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
This is a false statement. Its an average draft with good depth but lack of elite talent

Boeser and 15th for 7th, 2nd and Grieg?
Just using this for a baseline, you’re looking at a late first overall pick (about 30th) to move up from 15 to 7.

So you are basically asking us to give up a late first round pick, an early second round pick, and Greig, who is a prospect that has done nothing short of amazing to improve his draft stock for Boeser.

Works out to:

30th overall (difference from 7 to 15 quantified) 39th overall, Greig for Boeser.

Too stiff for my liking.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
If any of those RHD are on the board we’ll just keep our pick I would think.
Yah that would be best decision for the Sens. Goodluck hopefully one falls to you guys.

I see yah we can't help you there.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Dvorak + Joshua Roy + pick #29 2022 (Calgary) ,
for

Last edited:

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
too old and too expensive for OTT ,
They don't even want JT Miller imagine that.
6.9mil in real dollars and can retain up to half. Kane is going to produce for another 5 years. The issue would be if he wants to go there...

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
David Savard + Jesse Ylonen + pick #29 2022 (Calgary) , I see Ylonen playing with Stutzle , and Savard playing on the sesond line on defense.
for
This is a sickening offer. David Savard is not what we mean when we say we want a 2RD. We could find someone similar in free agency I would hope. We also do not want to be tied to that contract.

Ylonen should not be mentioned anywhere in a discussion in seventh overall. If we are not confident in Connor Brown to fill a top 6 RW role, Ylonen doesn’t get it done. If you want to talk ceiling we have prospects much better than Ylonen that can step into that role.

If you had the seventh overall pick, would you accept this deal?

Zaitsev, Lodin + 30th overall for 7th??

Last edited:

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
If one of Jiricek or Nemec is still there at 7 how about Horvat with an extension?

Horvat extended at 27yrs old is worth way more than the 7th overall pick. Especially with this draft even if Nemec or Jiricek is available.

There would be 20 teams lining up to beat a 7th overall offer for a 27 year old Centre who is dominant at faceoffs and just scored 30 goals.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I'd do Pittsburgh's 21 oa + rights to Kasperi Kapanen

Don't think this is a big make or break draft for any team. We either sign him dirt cheap on a 1 year prove it deal or try to ship him off for a 2nd. His QO is 800k FWIW.

Why would Ottawa fall 14 picks back to get Kapanen?

1653425323826.png

These are the last few 7th overall picks. Seems more often than not they turn out to be pretty sick players.

Reactions: NB613

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Horvat extended at 27yrs old is worth way more than the 7th overall pick. Especially with this draft even if Nemec or Jiricek is available.

There would be 20 teams lining up to beat a 7th overall offer for a 27 year old Centre who is dominant at faceoffs and just scored 30 goals.

Maybe stay waiting on them then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad