Friedman: Ottawa's 7th overall pick is available for trade

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You keep saying 19 but Peterka is 20 and only 4 months younger than Robertson lol. You need to compare this season. He has 16 goals and 12 assists in 28 games (28gp 16g 12a 28p).

I know Peterka is a better prospect, but I'm using your flawed logic of ppg. Jack Quinn is the real special talent that buffalo has coming up
It's extremely simple to do.

Peterka is in his 19 year old season (He was eligible for the World Juniors)

Robertson is in his 20 year old season (He was not eligible for the World Juniors)

Quinn absolutely is, a top 10 pick that looks to be even better than when he was drafted. Peterka the exact same, looks much better than the 23rd overall ranking he had going into the 2020 draft

Peterka is not remotely close to being worth a top 10 pick.
He absolutely is, he was ranked 23rd in his own draft, and has since done nothing but get better and better.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
It's extremely simple to do.

Peterka is in his 19 year old season (He was eligible for the World Juniors)

Robertson is in his 20 year old season (He was not eligible for the World Juniors)

Quinn absolutely is, a top 10 pick that looks to be even better than when he was drafted

He absolutely is, he was ranked 23rd in his own draft, and has since done nothing but get better and better.

You can try to undermine Robertson all you want. Fact is, a couple days born later and he'd be in the same draft as Peterka. It's 4 months for crying out loud. His biggest issue right now is injuries. Again - I do think Peterka is the better prospect, but your argument is silly

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

I. Don't. Care.

Nobody's giving you a top 10 pick for Peterka because he put up a PPG in the AHL, just like nobody's giving us a top 10 pick for Berggren because he put up a PPG in the AHL.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You can try to undermine Robertson all you want. Fact is, a couple days born later and he'd be in the same draft as Peterka. It's 4 months for crying out loud. His biggest issue right now is injuries. Again - I do think Peterka is the better prospect, but your argument is silly
Again, what draft he was in makes absolutely zero difference in determining what aged season a player is in....

Robertson was born in 01', he was in his 20 year old season

Peterka was born in 02', he was in his 19 year old season

I'm not undermining Robertson at all, I'm stating the very easy to research fact that Robertson isn't in his 19 year old season (seeing he played 0 games this season at age 19....)

I. Don't. Care.

Nobody's giving you a top 10 pick for Peterka because he put up a PPG in the AHL, just like nobody's giving us a top 10 pick for Berggren because he put up a PPG in the AHL.
So why are you responding?

I'm not a fan of Buffalo, at all...I'm an unbiased fan who understands how a player would be valued throughout the league after 2 years of development.

And yes, Breggren putting up a worse season 2 years older than Peterka is a great counter argument

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Again, what draft he was in makes absolutely zero difference in determining what aged season a player is in....

Robertson was born in 01', he was in his 20 year old season

Peterka was born in 02', he was in his 19 year old season

I'm not undermining Robertson at all, I'm stating the very easy to research fact that Robertson isn't in his 19 year old season (seeing he played 0 games this season at age 19....)

So why are you responding?

I'm not a fan of Buffalo, at all...I'm an unbiased fan who understands how a player would be valued throughout the league after 2 years of development.

And yes, Breggren putting up a worse season 2 years older than Peterka is a great counter argument

"I'm not a Buffalo fan so my opinion is unbiased and must be true", is an even better argument.

He's not worth a Top 10 pick. If you're so confident of it though, go make a poll and see how well it goes over. :thumbu:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
"I'm not a Buffalo fan so my opinion is unbiased and must be true", is an even better argument.

He's not worth a Top 10 pick. If you're so confident of it though, go make a poll and see how well it goes over. :thumbu:
I have zero desire to try that, as though a poll on HF means anything, whatsoever.

From a Sens fan perspective, I'd rather Peterka than a vast majority of the players slated to go around our pick, would be very open to swapping them out if it weren't being used to bring in an impact NHLer.

Obviously not the only Sens fan thinking the same

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I have zero desire to try that, as though a poll on HF means anything, whatsoever.

From a Sens fan perspective, I'd rather Peterka than a vast majority of the players slated to go around our pick, would be very open to swapping them out if it weren't being used to bring in an impact NHLer.

Obviously not the only Sens fan thinking the same
“I have zero desire to try that, because it’d be a landslide.”

Fixed.

• Haha
Reactions: EquivalentStay

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Who could imagine, a guy ranked 23rd in an extremely strong draft who has done nothing but surpass expectations and get better and better could be valued higher than he was 2 years ago!

Insane logic to follow, I understand
Explains your logic that Berggren is a different case.

… Wait.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Explains your logic that Berggren is a different case.

… Wait.
I’m still not understanding what Breggren has to do with anything?

Could you explain how Peterka scoring 35g and 45a in 80 games in his 19 year old season is similar in anyway to Breggren scoring 21g and 43a in 70 games as a 21 year old?

Not to mention that one was ranked 23rd in his draft, the other 38th.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I’m still not understanding what Breggren has to do with anything?

Could you explain how Peterka scoring 35g and 45a in 80 games in his 19 year old season is similar in anyway to Breggren scoring 21g and 43a in 70 games as a 21 year old?

Not to mention that one was ranked 23rd in his draft, the other 38th.
You can use age an an excuse just like I can use team quality as an excuse, buddy.

We can also ignore that Berggren was ranked low due to his size. (Fair to say Paterka got shafted for being German, too)

Doesn’t change the fact that teams aren’t trading a top 10 pick for either until they prove it in the NHL. Nobody gives a shit about PPG AHL production.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You can use age an an excuse just like I can use team quality as an excuse, buddy.

We can also ignore that Berggren was ranked low due to his size. (Fair to say Paterka got shafted for being German, too)

Doesn’t change the fact that teams aren’t trading a top 10 pick for either.
I'm not using an excuse, I've brought multiple reasons backed with facts and stats, you've brought....your opinion I guess?

Sabres would't trade Peterka for a pick in the 6-10 range this year, I definitely wouldn't if I were the team that owned Peterka.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can't imagine Ottawa trades the ability to pick their own prospect for another prospect, especially one with only 2 NHL games experience. They'd just take their guy.

Wonder if they swing for the fences and try and unite the Tkachuks :naughty:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'm not using an excuse, I've brought multiple reasons backed with facts and stats, you've brought....your opinion I guess?

Sabres would't trade Peterka for a pick in the 6-10 range this year, I definitely wouldn't if I were the team that owned Peterka.

Ahh yes, Peterka stats are facts and stats. Berggren's stats are, "My opinion".

We can stop, bud. Again, you're confident enough about it that the Peterka for a Top Ten Pick poll should back you up.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Can't imagine Ottawa trades the ability to pick their own prospect for another prospect, especially one with only 2 NHL games experience. They'd just take their guy.

Agreed, Sens wouldn't trade the pick for another prospect.

If they trade the pick, it would be in a package for an impact NHLer.

Not sure how Tkachuk would fit in long term with his contract, would be difficult to fit in longterm at 9.5+ million x 8

Reactions: Duncstar

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

I genuinely wonder what kind of offer it would take to get him out of Calgary?

7th OA+Top 10 protected 2023 first (turns into a 2024 1st)+Colin White+Ridley Greig

I think itd be a great fit, as long as we can keep him, Brady, Norris, Stutzle, Chabot, Sanderson around for a long time we will have a competitive team

99ovr

Apr 15, 2021
I genuinely wonder what kind of offer it would take to get him out of Calgary?

7th OA+Top 10 protected 2023 first (turns into a 2024 1st)+Colin White+Ridley Greig

I think itd be a great fit, as long as we can keep him, Brady, Norris, Stutzle, Chabot, Sanderson around for a long time we will have a competitive team
Honestly if we're going for M.Tkachuk we should just offer sheet him 11m for 4 years (4 1st round picks compensation) and that way we can still use those other assets to make moves or keep. With M.Tkachuk plus trading the 7OA, the young core taking a step forward and a full season of Pinto+Sanderson, we are definitely a WC team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad