Ottawa Sun "You Be The Boss Survey"

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Count Dracula may be guilty of a lot of things, but a SJW he is not. In fact, I'm not sure anyone really is. Seems like a label that was invented to paint everyone with a progressive outlook as clowns so that conservatives can dismiss them more easily, but I digress.

You mis-read my comment, I wasn't saying the poster in question was a SJW, but rather using a tactic that is common amongst SJW's, I haven't seen any on here going hard for their specific social cause really but they are rampant on twitter and facebook...there's a nice restaurant in Toronto right now with a whole bunch of these folks protesting outside which is currently in the news.

Reactions: bert

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
`
Well, no. Countless people have been fired, have resigned because they didn't want to work under these horrible conditions for peanut salaries, etc. I don't expect everyone to know all this, but you should know the full impact of this owner before talking like you do.

Give me a break, I posited an opinion on the future arena size, and characterized Ottawa as a small market. I didn't insult the fan base, nor have I expressed any opinions on ownership here. I suggested a smaller arena may create a full and more intimate/intense atmosphere. The rest is just noise that I want no part of discussing.

The rest is where you guys are trying to take things, so I guess I'll give myself a break, and get back to hockey threads.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Hmmm, I came to talk hockey, you somehow work your way to taking a stand against global business, whatever. You also have all of the answers and are being super snarky and negative as usual. Personally I don't see the point in trying to have a discussion with someone who to took me saying Ottawa is a small market, all the way to 'Ottawa has horrible fans'. All of your posts have been angry and negative, and I really have no interest in dealing with that, sorry. For my part I'll just wait and see what the arena size will be, and listen to the rationale behind the decision.

As for the rest, it's easy when you crap on every single thing the team does. You pat yourself on the back when you're right, and quietly and begrudgingly join in the festivities when you're wrong. I'm fine with my opinions on Burrows and Anderson, and really don't need to tell anyone about being right or wrong, because as you say, those were my opinions. Things change, and so can opinions, for most people.
Opinions change, just not yours towards Melnyk and management.

Again, if you can't deal with someone calling you out for your constant defense of the organization just put me on ignore because you're almost always wrong and I'll always be here to tell you how terribly wrong you are.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Count Dracula may be guilty of a lot of things, but a SJW he is not. In fact, I'm not sure anyone really is. Seems like a label that was invented to paint everyone with a progressive outlook as clowns so that conservatives can dismiss them more easily, but I digress.

It doesn't "seem" like it... it literally is exactly that - a label co-opted to paint an entire side of a debate as unreasonable, and therefore would allow people to dismiss their opinions.

It all started during "Gamergate", if anyone remembers that steaming pile of bullsh***ery. "SJW/Social Justice Warrior" became a mainstream term as a catch-all label for anyone that opposed Gamergate supporters. "If you're not with us, you're a SJW".

Since then, it's become this nebulous term that ignorant people can just throw around like sh** in a monkey house whenever they feel threatened.

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
But that is what I said ......... my exact words were "Ottawa has the most affordable tickets in Canada, and perhaps the league."

But the H&B EM Crew decided to focus on the latter part of my post, which was qualified as "perhaps" ........ and not the consensus, that Ottawa has the lowest average ticket cost, in Canada.

You know who else likes to give people nicknames? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rand0m

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
`

Give me a break, I posited an opinion on the future arena size, and characterized Ottawa as a small market. I didn't insult the fan base, nor have I expressed any opinions on ownership here. I suggested a smaller arena may create a full and more intimate/intense atmosphere. The rest is just noise that I want no part of discussing.

The rest is where you guys are trying to take things, so I guess I'll give myself a break, and get back to hockey threads.

"Jerry? Remember. It's not a lie, if you believe it"
- George Costanza

Reactions: FolignoQuantumLeap

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
there's a nice restaurant in Toronto right now with a whole bunch of these folks protesting outside which is currently in the news.

You mean the 15-20ish people in a city of 7+ million outside that Antler restaurant?

Since when is 0.00028% of people in a city "a whole bunch"?

Every city has a crazy minuscule fringe within their respective populations, on both sides of every issue. Painting an entire side of an issue with the same brush that you would paint 0.00028% of them is the very definition of hyperbole.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It doesn't "seem" like it... it literally is exactly that - a label co-opted to paint an entire side of a debate as unreasonable, and therefore would allow people to dismiss their opinions.

It all started during "Gamergate", if anyone remembers that steaming pile of bullsh***ery. "SJW/Social Justice Warrior" became a mainstream term as a catch-all label for anyone that opposed Gamergate supporters. "If you're not with us, you're a SJW".

Since then, it's become this nebulous term that ignorant people can just throw around like sh** in a monkey house whenever they feel threatened.

To be honest I just found out what this currently means. I guess I need to spend more time on the internet?

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Getting a bit off topic guys:

- Proposed Arena size? Fine, (though even that might be a touch OT, was there a poll about that in the survey?).
- Talk about SJW and whose to blame for dwindling attendance, probably better suited for another thread.

Bring it back to the Sun survey or we'll have to close this thread up.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Vivid is a secondary market site. Also, why are you using 2015-16 numbers? They have 2017-18 numbers:

Rank
Home TeamMedian Price
1Toronto Maple Leafs$275
2Chicago Blackhawks$229
3New York Rangers$225
4Nashville Predators$198
5Montreal Canadiens$181
6Edmonton Oilers$180
7Winnipeg Jets$176
8Detroit Red Wings$170
9Minnesota Wild$155
10Boston Bruins$145
11Vegas Golden Knights$136
12New Jersey Devils$135
13Philadelphia Flyers$131
14Tampa Bay Lightning$125
15Pittsburgh Penguins$124
16Los Angeles Kings$122
17Dallas Stars$119
18Vancouver Canucks$107
19Ottawa Senators$101
20Columbus Blue Jackets$100
21Calgary Flames$99
22Washington Capitals$92
23San Jose Sharks$91
24Carolina Hurricanes$88
25Colorado Avalanche$85
26Anaheim Ducks$84
27Buffalo Sabres$83
28Florida Panthers$81
29St. Louis Blues$78
30Arizona Coyotes$78
31New York Islanders$73
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Obviously because they better fit his transparent agenda...

Note, note cheapest in Canada and close to mid league.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Obviously because they better fit his transparent agenda...

Note, note cheapest in Canada and close to mid league.
Honestly, they are median prices on an secondary market. Not sure it really says much about anything nor am I sure it`s really relevant to the Sun survey (did they have a question relating to ticket price, idk I haven't looked in a while...)

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Honestly, they are median prices on an secondary market. Not sure it really says much about anything nor am I sure it`s really relevant to the Sun survey (did they have a question relating to ticket price, idk I haven't looked in a while...)
Agreed.

Just par for the course in dealing with Count.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
8f105904043754d20ecfd3e92bff4bb1--monty-python-funny-people.jpg

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

There used to be some sites, that posted the actual ticket prices of all the NHL teams, for comparison......... but for the past few years, I've been unable to find one, and can only find these secondary market ones, which I disclosed when I posted them, I asked if anyone else could find the actual ticket prices, as it's the better comparison ...

Do you you or anyone else know of a site that has this info?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
There used to be some sites, that posted the actual ticket prices of all the NHL teams, for comparison......... but for the past few years, I've been unable to find one, and can only find these secondary market ones, which I disclosed when I posted them, I asked if anyone else could find the actual ticket prices, as it's the better comparison ...

Do you you or anyone else know of a site that has this info?
Burden of proof (philosophy) - Wikipedia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad