GDT: Ottawa Senators vs. New York Islanders // Fri. Nov. 1st @ 7:30PM // SNET-E & TSN1200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
Lol... spezza got demoted because when he is on the icw the other team scores more goals than he does. Making him a liability for the team.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Curious to see what Alfredsson's ratio was for GF/GA when hes on/off the ice as a Senator when MaClean was coach because I've never seen him get demoted before unless of course his numbers were pretty good.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
This is not a demotion it's just a coach mixing things up... Period

If the lines don't mesh Spezza will be playing with top wingers by mid game again

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
There is no clearly defined 1-3 lines with the Sens, 4th line is the only clearly defined line. There's just the Spezza line, the turris line and the smith line. All players play in all circumstances. We see Spez, Turris and Smith all playing the PP and the PK. I can't believe people actually see line changing as demotions and promotions. PM is just trying to mix things up and see if things can click defensively.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Perfect, so either we'll be trending into "goalie controversy" territory if Lehner steals this one, or the Lehner fan bois will be in full denial mode if we get rocked by the Isles offence.

Either way, HF board will be jumpin'

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
The problem isnt whos better between the two and who should have more starts, the problem is when Lehner has a stellar game he should be the one starting the next game regardless of opponent. Paul Maclean needs to follow his motto "The best players play"

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Perfect, so either we'll be trending into "goalie controversy" territory if Lehner steals this one, or the Lehner fan bois will be in full denial mode if we get rocked by the Isles offence.

Either way, HF board will be jumpin'

We don't have a goalie controversy, we have a train wreck of a defense. When the team in front of the goalie starts playing better, both goalies are gonna start putting up numbers like last year.

I'm actually shocked its come to Neil playing with Spezza, neither has been great defensively.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Bit of sought after these last couple games but I feel were energized and ready to go!

LET'S GO BOYS!

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Post gifs for good karma.

tumblr_m56bu2uNSm1runy58o1_500.gif

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Expecting a big win, This team is going to be motivated by embarrassment, and Lehner wants to prove he's king between pipes.

4-0 Sens.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
This is not a demotion it's just a coach mixing things up... Period

If the lines don't mesh Spezza will be playing with top wingers by mid game again

I agree. Some people who have a bias towards spezza are using it to stoke the Spezza sucks argument.

No real shock here

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Statistically Gryba has been one of our better defencemen. It's Cowen and Wiercioch that have been absolutely awful. If anyone should be drawing out it's Cowen, not Corvo.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
So true. Really doesn't jive with Mac's whole "the best players play" philosophy. Any time I see Gryba draw in I question just how much Mac believes the phrases he spouts.

Gryba is in the organizations longer term plans, so I can see why they'd draw him in even if he isn't playing great, and hope watching from the box has helped. He has a good game, play him again, if he sucks and needs to watch another game we have Corvo.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Bingo game started at 7, Sens game at 7:30. I should be able to show some Sens during intermissions. However, it will be NYI feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad