GDT: Ottawa Senators vs. New York Islanders // Fri. Nov. 1st @ 7:30PM // SNET-E & TSN1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
In all seriousness, we need to win. So lets go sens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stone Valley

A State of Trance
Jan 19, 2010
Ottawa
www.youtube.com
Believe me when I say this but: THIS IS A MUST BLOODY WIN!!

Sens cannot afford to lose more games especially when leading with 2 goals. These are the games that will cost us later on. STEP UP AND WIN.

4-1 SENS

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
You guys seriously think Spezza and Conacher got "demoted" to the fourth line? In what universe does a guy who's leading the team in scoring get demoted to the fourth line?

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
You guys seriously think Spezza and Conacher got "demoted" to the fourth line? In what universe does a guy who's leading the team in scoring get demoted to the fourth line?

last season o'brien was leading the team in goal scoring and got demoted to maclean's basement.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I thought most ppl didn't want michalek on the top line.... Well here you have it

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Haha, . This game should be full of hilarity.

seems like he's basically one of us sometimes :sarcasm:

Coache's and the coaching staff have access to much more video / replays then we do. Could be something they saw

i think maclean didn't like his attitude and decided to discipline him. the constant torture broke o'brien mentally and they had to send him to bingo to have him "regain his confidence" (it was actually because no one pays attention to anything that happens in binghamton, so no one would hear if he ever tried to make public the things maclean did to him in that hole in the basement).

Last edited by a moderator:

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
seems like he's basically one of us sometimes :sarcasm:

i think maclean didn't like his attitude and decided to discipline him. the constant torture broke o'brien mentally and they had to send him to bingo to have him "regain his confidence" (it was actually because no one pays attention to anything that happens in binghamton, so no one would hear if he ever tried to make public the things maclean did to him in that hole in the basement).

Yep.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Demotion? Promotion? There's no such thing in MacLean's system. He just plays whoever is playing well at the time, and the best players play. So Spezza will get his minutes regardless, and if Neil and Conacher player well (safe bet for Conacher, we'll see with Neil) they'll get a bunch of minutes with him. I still expect those two to hover between 12 - 15 while Spezza gets a bit more time like 17 - 20.

I still feel like a Conacher - Spezza - Condra line could really surprise people.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Here it is, Cowen rebound game! 1 goal. 1 highlight-reel hip check.

He comes into his own v. Boston in a week.

dennilfloss

Yes I love disco!
Jun 7, 2011
Ottawa
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Tonight let's go back to WINNING!! :yo:

YCheca3.jpg

All we need is for Lehner to shut up the Isles while MacLean moves our forwards.

Last edited:

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007
i wont say this is a must win...but t is a huge game.

-Start of November, where the Sens play some 'easier' teams, mostly at home(9/15). 7 games this month against direct playoff spot competition

-Have talked about consistency, discipline, identity etc...while they have shown flashes for shifts/periods and a couple games those themes have not solidified...has to start now

-A win here and they are in the thick of it for playoffs spots, a loss and they are floundering in the bottom feeders.

-There is some stat for teams after the first month/or 15 games barely any teams not in the playoff at that time have made the playoffs in the last 5 years. Of course it can and does happen, but shows ho hard it is in general to make up points with shootouts.

-Carolina, Wash, Jackets, Islanders all losing recently, lucky for the Sens...all teams the Sens will be fighting with all year. Sens play them all this month, including tonight, early season 4 pointer.

-internal pressure is mounting, Maclean really juggling line ups, talking about changes...Spezza an co. having meetings.....Murray giving the old vote of confidence to the players...no first round pick....budget concerns.

In short, the time is now to start with a big win over a direct rival for a playoff spot.

They stepped up in Detroit and I figure them step up again in this game.

Oct 31, 2011
Ottawa
They need to be stepping up all season, the competition is extremely high this year, a lot of teams are doing extremely well. The Chicago loss was brutal but we REALLY need to bounce back in a huge way.

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
Demotion? Promotion? There's no such thing in MacLean's system. He just plays whoever is playing well at the time, and the best players play. So Spezza will get his minutes regardless, and if Neil and Conacher player well (safe bet for Conacher, we'll see with Neil) they'll get a bunch of minutes with him. I still expect those two to hover between 12 - 15 while Spezza gets a bit more time like 17 - 20.

I still feel like a Conacher - Spezza - Condra line could really surprise people.

Tell that to JOB

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
I'll say a sloppy game from two struggling teams, with the score dictated by stellar goaltending from Lehner and (yes...) Geno Nabokov.

2-1 for someone in ot/so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->