Confirmed with Link: Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens First Round Matchup(WARNING ON POST#1&348&855)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I don't even remember Leafs fans being this bad at the peak of our rivalry.

I always used to wonder why they hated the Habs and their fans so much. Now I know.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Some Habs fans really grind my gears.

Some of them over on their board are insinuating that we're going to try to win because we'll be motivated by Mark Reed's death, and saying things like "We'll win because more Habs died this year than Sens did" (<--- I'm paraphrasing here) because Beliveau and a few others also passed on this year.

Like... for ****'s sakes. The man has been dead for less than 24 hours. Can we not do this right now? Show some respect for the man. Do not make this into a pissing contest ABOUT WHO HAS MORE DEAD PEOPLE TO MOTIVATE THEM.

I can't even right now.

That is truly disgusting.

Good thing i am staying away from the Montreal board.

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa

Some of them over on their board are insinuating that we're going to try to win because we'll be motivated by Mark Reed's death, and saying things like "We'll win because more Habs died this year than Sens did" (<--- I'm paraphrasing here) because Beliveau and a few others also passed on this year.

Like... for ****'s sakes. The man has been dead for less than 24 hours. Can we not do this right now? Show some respect for the man. Do not make this into a pissing contest ABOUT WHO HAS MORE DEAD PEOPLE TO MOTIVATE THEM.

I can't even right now.

Are you kidding me?

How could ANYONE make that a contest?

what the ?

Last edited by a moderator:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Generally, teams with Montreal's type of numbers don't go far. Only the Boston Bruins are a recent outlier here. So, essentially for the Canadiens to go far, Price needs to pull off a Tim Thomas type performance. Is it impossible? No. Is it likely? No.

I agree with the idea that this Habs team isn't close to being good enough to win a cup this year (unless Price carries them there), but Price is definitely good enough to win a couple of rounds for them, though.

Some of us over here act like we're going to steamroll the Habs, but they basically have Hasek 2.0 (in terms of ability to steal a game) in nets for them right now. We could easily lose this series in 4 or 5 games if he decides to go HAM.

This series is going to be entirely dictated by how well Carey Price plays. He's by far the most important player to watch for either side.

Magic Stick

Keep your head up son
The thing is, there aren't a ton of people who believe the Montreal Canadiens are the 2nd best team in the NHL, far from it. They're a below average to average team with a Hart candidate in the net.

They're the worst offensive team of all the team's that qualified for the playoffs and by some metrics are one of the worst possession teams. This will be really magnified if Pacioretty misses some games. They aren't beating good teams with 4 top 6 guys when many others in the conference have 7-8.

Generally, teams with Montreal's type of numbers don't go far. Only the Boston Bruins are a recent outlier here. So, essentially for the Canadiens to go far, Price needs to pull off a Tim Thomas type performance. Is it impossible? No. Is it likely? No. What really needs for Montreal to succeed is for them to drastically improve their PP. That is actually a reasonable proposition with Markov and Subban as options.

Fair enough buddy, these are actually good points. Now I won't disturb you again in your board. Good luck and let the ****ing playoffs begin !

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

I can't even right now.

That's why I lost it earlier, one guy said, and I am paraphrasing "If the Habs had a member die today, the Sens would have "first blood spilled" as the headline in the paper :sarcasm:"

The post was removed, but the poster was commenting in the same thread minutes later. I told them he should be banned, and to have respect.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

I can't even right now.

Yeah, some sports fans can be just plain stupid sometimes. Some things just shouldn't be said. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it was a small group.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Yeah, the only thing I've said re: Reeds passing is a heartfelt RIP to him and best wishes to his family on the main board. That is all that should be said, on behalf of the majority of Habs' fans, don't take any boneheaded comments on this topic, made by a select few, as reflective of the majority. Some things are much bigger than hockey.

Peace

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
Haven't played a game yet and I'm already disgusted with that fan base. This should be an interesting series.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah, the only thing I've said re: Reeds passing is a heartfelt RIP to him and best wishes to his family on the main board. That is all that should be said, on behalf of the majority of Habs' fans, don't take any boneheaded comments by a select few as the majority. Some things are much bigger than hockey.

Peace

We know it's only individuals and not a community, we aren't painting a whole fan-base with a single stroke.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Haven't played a game yet and I'm already disgusted with that fan base. This should be an interesting series.

The fanbase as whole did not make those posts. Those are individuals, some Habs fans have been very respectful and have called out their fellow posters.

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
Yikes. I've been removed from the sens/habs thread on the habs forum after posting a well received comment. Is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad