Confirmed with Link: Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens First Round Matchup(WARNING ON POST#1&348&855)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBush*

That's not unknowledgeable. Using the last 10 games is, but posting goals and assists for an argument has merit. We should know with all the Karlsson threads and arguments.

of course a players stat line has some merit. but you also need to watch the games as well. what if posted Ceci's stat line and said he was equivalent to Methot. we know thats not true, because we watch the two every night and know how valuable of a shut down D Methot is. some defensemen are great but dont show up in the stat sheet.

also, why only take the last 10 games, where Petry scored most of his points? cherry picking at his finest.

Yes, that is why I said Methot is a first line defensive Dman and Petry is a second line Dman with offensive abilities. Its right there is the 2 sentences I wrote. :facepalm:

but you also said they were both pretty fair making it sound like they were equal. they absolutely are not, Methot is without question a better defenseman.

i like Petry, ive seen him play a lot. he was a great deadline pick up, but posting their stats from the last 10 games and comparinghim to one of the better shut down Dman in the game is asking for trouble. you should know better

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I really don't know where their confidence is coming from.

Maybe that one victory they have over us this year was really really special.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Found this on that playoff photoshop board. Made me laugh for some reason.

ABbwxZV.gif

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010

Or maybe they finished 2nd in the conference for good reason?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Yeah - we're the underdogs here. We might have a good shot at an upset but we're the underdogs.

The pressure is on Montreal to close us out.

Magic Stick

Keep your head up son

I don’t know. Maybe the fact that we just had a 50 wins, 110 points season come in to play? Or the fact that last year we reached the ECF and we are more experienced and one could argue that the team has even gotten better? Or maybe it is because Price is having a historical season and broke some records? Or maybe it is because on top of having the potential Vezina and Hart winner, we have one of the best goal scorer in the league and one of the best defenseman? Do I have to continue.. I hope for your own sake that you're not serious.

Good luck and may the best team win. Tomorrow can't come faster enough!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Montreal is not the typical 2nd in conference team though. Not to beat a dead horse here, but Price is again one of the main reasons why they are 2nd in the conference.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don’t know. Maybe the fact that we just had a 50 wins, 110 points season? Or the fact that last year we reached the ECF and we are more experienced and one could argue that the team has gotten better? Or maybe it is because Price is having a historical season and broke some records? Or maybe it is because on top of having the potential Vezina and Hart winner, we have one of the best goal scorer in the league and one of the best defenseman? Do I have to continue.. I hope for your own sake that you're not serious.

A best goaltender who has **** stats against the Sens.

The Sens also have broken some records this season. Whoody ****ing doo. Who cares?

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I don’t know. Maybe the fact that we just had a 50 wins, 110 points season? Or the fact that last year we reached the ECF and we are more experienced and one could argue that the team has gotten better? Or maybe it is because Price is having a historical season and broke some records? Or maybe it is because on top of having the potential Vezina and Hart winner, we have one of the best goal scorer in the league and one of the best defenseman? Do I have to continue.. I hope for your own sake that you're not serious.

Andrew Hammond is breaking records. We stomped your team only 2 years ago in the playoffs, and beat them 3 times this year. We have been the best team in the NHL since February.

The Senators may not have a lot of playoff experience, but most of the experience they do have is pounding the Habs.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Andrew Hammond is breaking records. We stomped your team only 2 years ago in the playoffs, and beat them 3 times this year. We have been the best team in the NHL since February.

The Senators may not have a lot of playoff experience, but most of the experience they do have is pounding the Habs.

Ok great, we stomped them one time. That's hardly a big sample size. Hammond's performance has been great, but Price has still been much better.

Yes, we're a hot team. But these are the playoffs and everything changes now. We have reason to feel good about this team, but let's not act like anything we've actually achieved anything yet.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Ok great, we stomped them one time. That's hardly a big sample size.

Yes, we're a hot team. But these are the playoffs and everything changes now. We have reason to feel good about this team, but let's not act like anything we've actually achieved anything yet.

Maybe so, but don't think our success against them won't be in the back of their heads. Remember them jumping out to a 2-0 lead a few weeks back?

No lead they get will be safe and they know it.

Magic Stick

Keep your head up son
A best goaltender who has **** stats against the Sens.

The Sens also have broken some records this season. Whoody ****ing doo. Who cares?

Why are you so defensive brother? I only responded to the guy who doesn't know why our team (or the fans) are so confident. I'm not here to stir some **** but you guys are seriously asking why the 2nd best team in the NHL is so confident so I had to try to give you a modest answer.

RIP Mark Reeds. A great man passed away, I will always remember when he gave a puck to my nephew and told him that if he really believed it, he could make the NHL.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
This series could go either way. The Sens have been a better team than the habs since January though.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
RIP Mark Reeds. A great man passed away, I will always remember when he gave a puck to my nephew and told him that if he really believed it, he could make the NHL.

Thanks for the kind words, man.

I know there's a lot of animosity right now, but best of luck over the next couple of weeks. Just make sure you bring your "A" game, I want to see you guys at your best - No excuses for either side this year.

BruinsFan64

Sep 17, 2009
Best of luck in the playoffs. The Sens are looking great and deserved to make the playoffs. They are playing the brand of hockey that fans want to watch, even if they are not your team.

Karlsson2Turris*

Habs fans really think their team is a juggernaut?

Look at their offense :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Even if Patches comes back, he's coming off a concussion so he likely won't be 100%

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Some Habs fans really grind my gears.

Some of them over on their board are insinuating that we're going to try to win because we'll be motivated by Mark Reed's death, and saying things like "We'll win because more Habs died this year than Sens did" (<--- I'm paraphrasing here) because Beliveau and a few others also passed on this year.

Like... for ****'s sakes. The man has been dead for less than 24 hours. Can we not do this right now? Show some respect for the man. Do not make this into a pissing contest ABOUT WHO HAS MORE DEAD PEOPLE TO MOTIVATE THEM.

I can't even right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I have no idea how these first two games for the Sens are gonna go but Game 3 is going to be insane. First playoff home game of the season and it's going to be emotional as well. I feel they may very well blow the roof off if Ottawa scores early and often.

Let's win this damn series for Coach Reeds and Bryan Murray

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Some Habs fans really grind my gears.

Some of them over on their board are insinuating that we're going to try to win because we'll be motivated by Mark Reed's death, and saying things like "We'll win because more Habs died this year than Sens did" (<--- I'm paraphrasing here) because Beliveau and a few others also passed on this year.

Like... for ****'s sakes. The man has been dead for less than 24 hours. Can we not do this right now? Show some respect for the man. Do not make this into a pissing contest ABOUT WHO HAS MORE DEAD PEOPLE TO MOTIVATE THEM.

I can't even right now.

I saw this too. Disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Why are you so defensive brother? I only responded to the guy who doesn't know why our team (or the fans) are so confident. I'm not here to stir some **** but you guys are seriously asking why the 2nd best team in the NHL is so confident so I had to try to give you a modest answer.

The thing is, there aren't a ton of people who believe the Montreal Canadiens are the 2nd best team in the NHL, far from it. They're a below average to average team with a Hart candidate in the net.

They're the worst offensive team of all the team's that qualified for the playoffs and by some metrics are one of the worst possession teams. This will be really magnified if Pacioretty misses some games. They aren't beating good teams with 4 top 6 guys when many others in the conference have 7-8.

Generally, teams with Montreal's type of numbers don't go far. Only the Boston Bruins are a recent outlier here. So, essentially for the Canadiens to go far, Price needs to pull off a Tim Thomas type performance. Is it impossible? No. Is it likely? No. What really needs for Montreal to succeed is for them to drastically improve their PP. That is actually a reasonable proposition with Markov and Subban as options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad