Confirmed with Link: Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens First Round Matchup(WARNING ON POST#1&348&855)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Very unfortunate what happened. However, I did not expect someone to say this. Not the best quote imo.

Definitely didn't sound right, but I can see where he's coming from. I had a close friend in high school whose mother had a terminal illness, but was trying really hard to make it to graduation. It was tough, but she fought very hard and was able to experience it but passed shortly there after. It's almost like adrenaline is guiding you through that last little while.

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
Montreal walks into a bar....

_TEK8frOWUjyrLUE7a18nAME4PQANt7VBvwpUly5Y7qsq_7HtUEBh0-CJwj0UYQpra_kELLdvPCZCveh0pE1FSbIE7PYqeb3YLaMvUosOHweHCjETQngTlXzzQZAfRm5pg=w443-h332-nc

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
So why are you comparing them using offensive production stats?

I used plus/minus for a reason. But seriously I just took a brief period of time recently and compared basic stats to originally show that both where equal, of recent, in terms of score sheet production. No need to harass. If you believe there are better stats that will better explain what I posted then please do post them.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I used plus/minus for a reason. But seriously I just took a brief period of time recently and compared basic stats to originally show that both where equal, of recent, in terms of score sheet production. No need to harass. If you believe there are better stats that will better explain what I posted then please do post them.

I'm hardly harassing

You're on our board and I find your comparison objectionable

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Going to move the pre-game thread into the playoff thread... think for the purposes of the playoffs... we'll just run 2 types of threads.

Either the GDT, or the playoff discussion. Otherwise we'll have about 4 different things for the same conversation.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Just took Pageau in my playoff pool because I'm that bold. Also love driving around TO with my sens flags, they see me they hatin.

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
I was infracted for seemingly nothing by a hab mod. I had the quote i was infracted for and showed it to other mods who were confused by why i was infracted. I complained and the next week the mod wasnt a mod anymore.

Its not a big deal and im not even sure i had an impact but i was happy that the md wasnt a mod anymore

Good to know. I was booted yesterday for calling a poster's intentionally funny post (at our expense) incorrect but admittedly, funny. The poster even responded in a sarcastic but good natured way but I was booted all the same. Thought about following up but let it go.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Based on experience never go onto the habs board and say desharnais is having a really good game and Therrien is keeping them in the game

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
They're way too "trigger happy" over there in the "Stanley Cup Playoffs" board in respect to the Habs/Sens discussion. Habs fans are generally hypocritical people so every time I've called a Habs fan out on it it seems my post disappears ( no new infractions or anything).. it just disappears for some reason even though it shows I posted it.

Some Habs fans must have complained I was using too much logic or something like that

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

How about you just watch Methot play? You'd probably realize quickly how solid and steady he is and how he can shut down just about anyone.

But as I've seen over and over again, most Habs fans live in a bleu blanc rouge bubble and don't know much about the Sens or any other NHL team. Using stats only goes so far when arguing about who's better.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Actually, I agree with the Habs posters in the sense that Petrie has been very, very good since he came to their team.

Yeah... Petry was probably Edmonton's top defenseman, and has been solid since coming over to Montreal.
I'll give the Habs this much, their defense overall is much deeper than ours.

I haven't watched him (Petry) play much, but really what we want out of Methot is someone who lets Karlsson be Karlsson. Which he does and that's why we appreciate him so much. If Petry were to come here and play that same role - I don't know if he'd do better or worse at it.

mattsens

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
Where is this Petry-Methot comparison even coming from? They aren't even comparable. Petry is better compared with Weircioch/Ceci. And no I'm not saying Petry is equivalent to those players (he's better at this point in time), but that's the same brand of hockey he plays.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah... Petry was probably Edmonton's top defenseman, and has been solid since coming over to Montreal.
I'll give the Habs this much, their defense overall is much deeper than ours.

I haven't watched him (Petry) play much, but really what we want out of Methot is someone who lets Karlsson be Karlsson. Which he does and that's why we appreciate him so much. If Petry were to come here and play that same role - I don't know if he'd do better or worse at it.

When in doubt, compare him to Kuba. Petry-Karlsson would probably be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad