GDT: Ottawa Senators at Detroit Red Wings - 7PM - CITY / TVAS2 - Ridly me this, Catman! (Ridly Greig Returns to the Cat-house)

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ok. I have been many times.

Listen, I hate the Wings and their fans, so I don't know why everyone is coming at me for saying there is more to do in downtown Detroit than downtown Ottawa. I just think the Flint Water Crisis jokes were classless, and making fun of Dylan Larkin for getting knocked out is classless. Other than that, f*** the wings and their fans, and f*** Detroit for all I care.
I was more referring to not feeling safe, just like when drove to Hawks game.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I was more referring to not feeling safe, just like when drove to Hawks game.
I never felt unsafe at any point in downtown Detroit, but I can understand your feelings. I have walked through parts of downtown Toronto at 3 a.m. and really didn't feel safe. I totally get it.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He’s evidently better than Forsberg, and he’s a new member of a bad defensive team who is still adjusting.

His potential is obvious but I guess you’re right, we can wait a bit longer for the crow servings.

I want him to succeed too.

We just need a nice stretch of consistent efforts from our goalies and our team defence.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I never felt unsafe at any point in downtown Detroit, but I can understand your feelings. I have walked through parts of downtown Toronto at 3 a.m. and really didn't feel safe. I totally get it.
Ahh ok maybe it’s improved, was 20 years ago for me, each year we’d do a trip and try and get in a couple of games from 2 rinks, we hadn’t been to yet.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'm not sure downtown Ottawa is safe anymore. My days of drinking in the market are long gone but there sure seems to be a lot of violence there late at night now

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We had breakfast in Stittsville this morning & two guys at the next table looked an awful lot like Sanderson & Greig & were both about their size. The Sanderson guy was as thin as a rail & he even had the same mustache. When I say breakfast, it was around noon, I'm not much of an early riser.
1702246283051.png

from last night after his air mail empty netter

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Meh, Detroit has fans defending cross-checking Zub in the face despite the fact that he had absolutely nothing to do with anything at all.

Pretty typical trash behaviour from a garbage heap of a city.
I feel like the feed you initially watched the game on likely has a pretty direct impact on your perception of the incident. The Detroit announcers were talking about cross-checking butt ends and prior history between Joseph and Larkin. There are studies regarding eyewitness testimony that show loaded language will impact how an eyewitness remembers an event, for example if the interviewer says one of "when the cars [smashed into each other/collided] was there any broken glass", those asked with the smashed variant are more likely to report there was broken glass regardless of whether or not there was.

The incident on Sportsnet was framed in a more neutral manner, I don't think they mentioned crosscheck until seeing the other angle and saying something to the effect of 'what initially looked like a real bad crosscheck doesn't look quite as bad'

It's no wonder there's such a discrepancy in how people recall the event,

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I feel like the feed you initially watched the game on likely has a pretty direct impact on your perception of the incident. The Detroit announcers were talking about cross-checking butt ends and prior history between Joseph and Larkin. There are studies regarding eyewitness testimony that show loaded language will impact how an eyewitness remembers an event, for example if the interviewer says one of "when the cars [smashed into each other/collided] was there any broken glass", those asked with the smashed variant are more likely to report there was broken glass regardless of whether or not there was.

The incident on Sportsnet was framed in a more neutral manner, I don't think they mentioned crosscheck until seeing the other angle and saying something to the effect of 'what initially looked like a real bad crosscheck doesn't look quite as bad'

It's no wonder there's such a discrepancy in how people recall the event,
Agree, the only thing they got wrong was, they totally missed the Zub play, until the very end.

Reactions: asw and NyQuil

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Agree, the only thing they got wrong was, they totally missed the Zub play, until the very end.
I mean, focus was clearly on Larkin and for good reason, with so much going on I don't blame them for only catching the Zub situation on replay.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Doesn't Larkin have some pretty severe concussion issues in his past? Can't be a good long term to go down like that. Wasn't even that hard from Jo
Announcers said he has a history of neck injuries and that Joseph hit him in neck/shoulder area while trying to box him out. Then Kelly was pushed into Larkin and fell on top of him. Neither of them were head-hunting. Same can't be said for Perron.

Oduyanow

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2017
Ottawa ON
- Pinto could have get caught or not, a lot of people gamble on this planet, it's not always illegal. What was the reason? Not enough awareness, stupid youth mistakes, greed? I don't see it as a big deal

- Dadonov : I think we are pretty well aware that Dorion was a really bad GM, we were stuck with him for years because he was Melnyk yes man then it took time to sell the team after Melnyk passed away. It's a new era now, new ownership, etc

- Formenton may have done something really bad or not, he's been gone for 2 seasons now and not associated with the team anymore unless maybe his name gets cleared

- Batherson ; he was on TC like many other players so Makar, Dube, Kyrou, Thomas, etc should all be "made fun of"? Maybe we'll know one day but this is nothing more than assumptions

- Tyler Boucher? lol it's just a bad/stupid pick. Every team do it once in a while. Again, Dorion was a really bad GM.

- Ottawa Senators won 11 Stanley Cups back in the day. But okay if you want to laugh at a smaller city who didn't have the financial backbone to keep their team and lost it for close to 60 years

- smaller market, again Melnyk, etc... didn't have much of attendance issues before Melnyk made his stupid comments

- Dorion was a really bad GM, many of us never really cared what he said. Eventually, everyone understood (except a few of course)

- Another really childish thing : people saying "last in the division" like if the Sens didn't have 20-25% less games played than most other teams. They have a higher P% than Habs and Sabres and are climbing the standings. 20th overall (of course, it's stupid to look at the standings without looking at P%)

- What salary cap hell? It was hockey fans speculation before the season because fans thought we "couldn't sign Pinto" when a suspension was looming.

- Again, "bottom feeder" is stupid/childish, just ignoring the fact that Ottawa has still played 4 games less than Detroit. They win those 4 games and are 2 points of the Wings. I think they will finish above the Wings in the standings, a LOT more talent on the Sens, like not even close (as it was evident last night). And the further we move away from the Melnyk/Dorion/DJ era, the best it will be. Sens are just starting to play "the right way" as a team as they finally have multiple different new input (Staios, Sean Tierney, Alfredsson, Jacques Martin)

Pretty much all the reasons you give above are kid's stuff that might fill the day of a 14 y/o stuck in his mom's basement but not really for adults with a brain. You seem to confuse that with incompetence, yes we are aware that we were stuck with Melnyk/Dorion/DJ for years.

Your post is more a reflection of what's inside your head and dude, you need to start evolving a little
You actually took this much time replying to this dude ? Talk about taking one for the team !

You’re a better man than I. :DD

• Haha
Reactions: Xspyrit

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I mean, focus was clearly on Larkin and for good reason, with so much going on I don't blame them for only catching the Zub situation on replay.
I get it, but I saw it live, didn’t need any replays,
not to mention it was about 30 replays before they even saw it.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I don't really get all these classless Flint drinking water jokes. Downtown Detroit is like 1000x better than downtown Ottawa. Dissing Larkin for getting knocked out and dissing a drinking water crisis is pretty classless imo.
lol no it’s not. Been to Detroit many times, downtown is shit

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Very small sample size but the Sens have looked significantly more organized and less scrambly

I've noticed their neutral zone play has more applied pressure and support by the forwards is much more evident now.
Today I read the Bruce Garrioch article in Saturday's Citizen, it was mostly about Jacques Martin and Alfie. He stated that after each period, they go to the locker room with their notes. This might explain why this 2nd period has been so strong and they look much better defensively. I guess they are doing this because no time to practice with the # of games they have this month. This team is looking so much better defensively. Once it becomes second nature, watch out.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Today I read the Bruce Garrioch article in Saturday's Citizen, it was mostly about Jacques Martin and Alfie. He stated that after each period, they go to the locker room with their notes. This might explain why this 2nd period has been so strong and they look much better defensively. I guess they are doing this because no time to practice with the # of games they have this month. This team is looking so much better defensively. Once it becomes second nature, watch out.
I don't think it's a coincidence that DJ mentioned they tinkered with the system a week or two ago which kind of coincidences with when Jacques was working with the team unnoficially.

Reactions: Loach

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

damn i like this set up.

honestly i dont even care if we keep DJ if Alfredsson and Martin are setting the tone of how the team needs to play.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Listen, I hate the Wings and their fans
Before I got sauced and smoked I saw you going at it with them lol.

Can't do it again after the unreal threads in the summer, so I commend you

damn i like this set up.

honestly i dont even care if we keep DJ if Alfredsson and Martin are setting the tone of how the team needs to play.
Eye in the sky coaching is already a huge thing, it's nice to see Andlauer and Staois realizing it quickly.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Before I got sauced and smoked I saw you going at it with them lol.

Can't do it again after the unreal threads in the summer, so I commend you
Hahahah I was trying so hard to not get in trouble but I got another warning on my account I even really held back lol. God damn are some of them just stupid. I was sauced in bed and I just couldn't take their stupidity. I was happy to engage with that guy this morning before the mods booted him out of here, I wish they didn't.

Reactions: Oduyanow

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Some, not all, Red Wing fans going after Joseph on social media lol.

Biggest bunch of crybaby p***yes I've seen in a while. Hopefully Perron is back for the next game when both teams meet and someone feeds that clown a knuckle sandwich.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad