Prospect Info: Ottawa selects Viktor Lodin (C) 94th

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
No one has heard of this pick... and statistically it doesn't look like he did much... but . .let's face it it's Pierre Dorion so we should trust his draft picks because ..well he has to be good at something I suppose.
Thomson
Pinto
Sogaard
Lodin

amazing draft so far
Dorion is amazing

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He’s 6’2 man, isn’t that usually enough for you? :naughty:
No. Not when they passed on better players, this guy wasn't even ranked. One of the most disappointing drafts in years, especially after so much hype with three picks in the first 44 picks & then they passed on better players with almost every pick. I hope he turns into a good player for their sake but I can't help but think they have made more mistakes than good picks. We'll see I guess.

Ser Grogu

Dank farrik
Aug 6, 2009
dXF2L6i.jpg

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I’m not saying the Senators only have 1 European scout, but this guy playing on the same team as Nick Ebert is pretty funny

Like when they signed Olle Alsing to a contract while scouting Davidsson
I'm not sure it's funny at all. Like I said in another thread, it looks like lazy scouting. I'll wait n see though........

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So....what else do folks know about him? Swedish, center, 20......anything else?

Likely would not have been drafted. Likely could have had him and used the pick on another player ... maybe a first year eligible player like Jordan Spence or Ethan Keppen or Tyce Thompson already in the NCAA..

No explanation

Reactions: aragorn and ijif

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Responsible owners do not draft like this. They want big names at the draft to sell tickets. Not to draft unknown players. It is a joke. They will stay unknown.

Other than Hughes, what other "big name" player was there that would sell tickets? I don't even think a casual fan heard of the next top pick after Hughes.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I don’t mind this pick.

But Dorion rates himself as a GM on how many fist pumps and high fives he sees around him. He even fist pumped himself twice in the mirror so he could see them when he made the Burrows deal.

I give this pick a half single fist pump and a very soft high five that ends with finger tickling.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The European scouts will look dumb if he doesn’t make it with them being more exited than ever to get him where they did.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Well, that one goal above did demonstrate some skill. Only one play, but filthy nonetheless. [shrug].

Hopefully this is another late bloomer home run pick like Hoffman, Batherson, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad