NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Why are the Jets fans wearing the same color as the opposing team?

I mean, I know why, but this is the dumbest tradition in sports.

Reactions: Rebels57

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
I am absolutely did NOT expect Jets out in 5.

Also, holy crap, Vancouver, just finish the series. At least Šilovs was solid, that first goal should had been challenged & overturned and he was screened on the second one. The biggest travesty is Vancouver scoring only ONE goal in 60mins, and it came from a defenseman. Petersson is so invisible that injury seems like the only credible explanation, but who knows.

Seeing two Latvians (Arty Party and Blueger) eliminated "in one take" would be painful.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

It’s wild to me how many Islanders fans are seemingly content being stuck in no man’s land.

I get it sucks to bottom out but ultimately that’s what the current system rewards. There’s probably like 5-6 teams a year that legitimately have a shot at winning a title, Cinderellas never go the distance as much as the just get in theory is often presented. Then there’s a ton of teams stuck in the middle & then probably about 5-6 teams competing for the top pick(s).

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

It’s wild to me how many Islanders fans are seemingly content being stuck in no man’s land.

I get it sucks to bottom out but ultimately that’s what the current system rewards. There’s probably like 5-6 teams a year that legitimately have a shot at winning a title, Cinderellas never go the distance as much as the just get in theory is often presented. Then there’s a ton of teams stuck in the middle & then probably about 5-6 teams competing for the top pick(s).

So, new plan: Brière and Lamoriello need to lock themselves in a room until they figure out which of us is bottoming out, which of us is going for it over the next year or two, and hammering out a deal where one team sends all their good older players to the other for youth. That way, we both end up with a direction rather than swirling around the toilet bowl together for the next half-decade.

Edit: We could even get the Capitals and GD Pens in on this one; pick two of the four teams to gun it, two of the four to tank.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like Seattle cut Hakstol not just because of players but because they figured out he’s coaching boring ass hockey. Wouldn’t be shocked if Ron Francis is cut because they want to be aggressive and he is the opposite

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

How is that wild to you? Outside of HFboards the Flyers fanbase is the same way.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I am absolutely did NOT expect Jets out in 5.

Also, holy crap, Vancouver, just finish the series. At least Šilovs was solid, that first goal should had been challenged & overturned and he was screened on the second one. The biggest travesty is Vancouver scoring only ONE goal in 60mins, and it came from a defenseman. Petersson is so invisible that injury seems like the only credible explanation, but who knows.

Seeing two Latvians (Arty Party and Blueger) eliminated "in one take" would be painful.

Nashville should have already won the series. Canucks are hanging on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad