Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Montreal - Wednesday, March 13th @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Kassian is terrible though. There's tough and then there's flat out useless. I put Kassian in the latter.

Couldn't they have had him for a free a couple weeks ago?

Isn't McLaren in the same category? Orr too? Scott too?

Still, teams in the NE keep beefing up with those guys.

We have to get a guy capable of taking some weight off Prust's shoulders. It's getting increasingly obvious that he can't do it all by himself. Nor should we ask him to do it.

Go get Boll, and if Cbj is too picky, turn around and go get Thorburn who's not even playing anymore in Winnipeg. I don't like being reactive instead of proactive, but the tone has been set and we can't play that game with Armstrong.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Isn't McLaren in the same category? Orr too? Scott too?

Still, teams in the NE keep beefing up with those guys.

We have to get a guy capable of taking some weight off Prust's shoulders. It's getting increasingly obvious that he can't do it all by himself. Nor should we ask him to do it.

Go get Boll, and if Cbj is too picky, turn around and go get Thorburn who's not even playing anymore in Winnipeg. I don't like being reactive instead of proactive, but the tone has been set and we can't play that game with Armstrong.

Orr and Scott are the king of the heavyweights. Kassian isn't that good of a fighter for his size. Plus he's actually worse than Orr or Scott if you can believe it. He's terrible...just terrible.

However I do agree that with the NE bulking up, we should add some size. Bergevin put in a claim for Sestito, so I am sure he's working on it.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
YEs the Sens have shown terrific fight with some key injuries but I think the Habs have to look at this game as a must win, take advantage of a team who is missing Spezza, Karleson.
Saying that, I don't think they should change anything other than bring more intensity, Ottawa will show more fight than the Panthers. Price IMO needs to have at least one more great performance before we officially say hes out of his funk.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Big win needed tomorrow. We can't let the Bruins dropping 2pts go unpunished. At this point, I have no concern about finishing #1, but I do want to win the division. It keeps BOS away from us until late in the playoffs and they'll have to battle through over teams to get to us. Hoping for a 60min effort. We've had our rest, now let's come out and dominate. Go :habs: go

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Big win needed tomorrow. We can't let the Bruins dropping 2pts go unpunished. At this point, I have no concern about finishing #1, but I do want to win the division. It keeps BOS away from us until late in the playoffs and they'll have to battle through over teams to get to us. Hoping for a 60min effort. We've had our rest, now let's come out and dominate. Go :habs: go

To win the division the Habs have to go through the Bruins. If they win the division they'll probably lead the conference.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
To win the division the Habs have to go through the Bruins. If they win the division they'll probably lead the conference.

I'm aware. People around here sell our own team short and put other teams on pedestals. We have a very good chance a winning the division. Boston could easily drop points over the month, and we're about to start a lighter schedule til the end of the season, with only one back to back. The Bruins are a very good team, so are we. Why should we not aim high when we have proven that we are contender? I'm not saying we will win the division for sure but I have plenty of evidence throughout the season to believe we can.

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
Fingers crossed that the Habs don't have a letdown game against the Sens!

Take advantage of a favourable point distribution in the East.

Oct 22, 2012
Has anyone been reading the B's board after last night? They just will not give Pittsburgh any credit, blaming it on the 4th line, Julien, b2b games despite being outplayed the whole game.

Anyways, good opportunity to widen the gap. WIDEN THE GAP. (I like wide gaps)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think this will go to OT. Habs might have a hard time beating this Ottawa team that seems comfortable playing over their heads. 3-2.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
7pm start on a weekday, good thing I double checked. :laugh:

Would really like to see Galchenyuk get a couple of points tonight!

Wow, Erik Karlsson is still their leading goal scoring with 6. How do they win games?

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
Like someone stated earlier...

Sens game plan: Lehner/Bishop, do not let in ANY goals....everyone else, try not to look like an AHL team, Go Team Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad