Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Montreal - Wednesday, March 13th @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Has anyone been reading the B's board after last night? They just will not give Pittsburgh any credit, blaming it on the 4th line, Julien, b2b games despite being outplayed the whole game.

Anyways, good opportunity to widen the gap. WIDEN THE GAP. (I like wide gaps)

Our motto is "no excuses"

Theirs is "deny everything"

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Has anyone been reading the B's board after last night? They just will not give Pittsburgh any credit, blaming it on the 4th line, Julien, b2b games despite being outplayed the whole game.

Anyways, good opportunity to widen the gap. WIDEN THE GAP. (I like wide gaps)

I give Pitt credit, they won and deserved to win. However I never did expect the Bruins to go 48-0 like some fans out there who think the sky is falling after a loss

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I give Pitt credit, they won and deserved to win. However I never did expect the Bruins to go 48-0 like some fans out there who think the sky is falling after a loss

The sky isn't falling for you guys that's for sure we just find it really funny that every time you lose there is always a pathetic excuse to go with it

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I hate Ottawa games...1st they are boring as hell as they have a team of grunts 2nd they are a pesky team that will keep it close, score a locky one and win it 2-1 in the SO.

Hope Price is on and shuts those ******** out. 4-0

DogsFan*

Bruins fans already talking about Pens vs Bs in the ECF :laugh: Gotta beat the #1 team first!

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
The name of their game is "goalie". This team should be in the bottom part of ghe standing with all injuries they got. Their goalies saved their ***** since tbe beginning of the season.

They have the fewest goals for in the entire conference. And they're 5th. That's unreal. The new, new Jersey devils. I'm starting to hate Ottawa.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Easy win.
There is no such thing in the NHL. Anybody with any sense of logic and with experience in watching NHL hockey knows this.

Plenty of teams have fallen prey to the Ottawa Senators.

Hell, the Blue Jackets got 10/12 points in the past week and half.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
The name of their game is "goalie". This team should be in the bottom part of ghe standing with all injuries they got. Their goalies saved their ***** since tbe beginning of the season.
Perhaps but the Habs had the same system for many many years. Relying on Roy's prowess to make up for the anemic scoring depth of yesteryear's team.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
It doesn't hurt that we just had a game against another big goaltender in Markstrom (6'6").

Call it a practice and confidence booster in preparation for Bishop round 2 (6'7").

There's a book growing on Bishop, and I hope the Habs are studying it. They'd better, or they'll lose 2-1.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
To win the division the Habs have to go through the Bruins. If they win the division they'll probably lead the conference.

****sburgh has 100 goals. Crosby is at Gretzky level right now. They will take the conference I think.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Way too much Bruins talk in the Sens-Habs PGT.

To get back on track:

#Sens: voici les trios: Greening-Turris-Silfverberg, Latendresse-Smith-Alfredsson, Daugavins-Zibanejad-Neil, Condra-O'Brien-Stone

Gotta admit, that's a terrible group of forwards, but they somehow get it done. I think Ottawa's play minus half their roster is pretty impressive.

D:Méthot-Gonchar, Gryba-Benoit, Phillips-Wiercioch

Even worse on defense!

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Way too much Bruins talk in the Sens-Habs PGT.

To get back on track:

#Sens: voici les trios: Greening-Turris-Silfverberg, Latendresse-Smith-Alfredsson, Daugavins-Zibanejad-Neil, Condra-O'Brien-Stone

Gotta admit, that's a terrible group of forwards, but they somehow get it done. I think Ottawa's play minus half their roster is pretty impressive.

D:Méthot-Gonchar, Gryba-Benoit, Phillips-Wiercioch

Even worse on defense!

How is that lineup winning games...?

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country

For the life of me I don't know. It just doesn't make sense on paper.

However, I guess the answer lies in that they are playing St Louis Blues style hockey, 100% on every shift, active sticks, generic hockey cliche goes here, play a full 60 minutes.

It's simple, but it works.

Kind of the hockey version of the Princeton offense.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009

Greening-Turris-Silfverberg can provide offense on any given night, especially now that Turris took that monkey off his back. Silf is a guy to watch out for and Greening has been solid.

Latendresse-Smith-Alfredsson can be quite a gritty line. Not the fastest, obviously, but when they get the puck in deep, they're dangerous. I watched that line single-handedly pin Boston in their own end every shift last game, in the first period.

Daugavins-Zibanejad-Neil can also be gritty and tough. Ziba has been a bit disappointing this season, but the line as a whole shot not be overlooked.

Fourth line, well. It's a fourth line.

Their defense is what I don't get. They've been good but looking at those pairings, HOW are they playing so good. I do like Methot-Gonchar but on top of that... what?

Lehner-Bishop can steal a game at any given time.

The team as a whole, if they are working as hard as they have been over the last month, can beat any team - or at the very least, make it real tough.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
Greening-Turris-Silfverberg can provide offense on any given night, especially now that Turris took that monkey off his back. Silf is a guy to watch out for and Greening has been solid.

Latendresse-Smith-Alfredsson can be quite a gritty line. Not the fastest, obviously, but when they get the puck in deep, they're dangerous. I watched that line single-handedly pin Boston in their own end every shift last game, in the first period.

Daugavins-Zibanejad-Neil can also be gritty and tough. Ziba has been a bit disappointing this season, but the line as a whole shot not be overlooked.

Fourth line, well. It's a fourth line.

Their defense is what I don't get. They've been good but looking at those pairings, HOW are they playing so good. I do like Methot-Gonchar but on top of that... what?

Lehner-Bishop can steal a game at any given time.

The team as a whole, if they are working as hard as they have been over the last month, can beat any team - or at the very least, make it real tough.

I was at the Boston - Ottawa game and Ottawa looked awful. Boston played a terrible first 20 mins or it wouldn't have been a game. Alfredsson is terrible and that whole line was dysfunctional. Turris is obviously skilled but too soft on the puck to be a consistent threat.

I have no idea how they're winning.

Methot is very underrated....he's the only one who impressed me

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I was at the Boston - Ottawa game and Ottawa looked awful. Boston played a terrible first 20 mins or it wouldn't have been a game. Alfredsson is terrible and that whole line was dysfunctional. Turris is obviously skilled but too soft on the puck to be a consistent threat.

I have no idea how they're winning.

Methot is very underrated....he's the only one who impressed me

I disagree with Ottawa looking awful, at least in the first two periods. Maybe Boston made them look better than they actually were, but they still played Boston hard - especially in the offensive zone. Alfie is showing his age now, but he's also shown flashes this season. For all we know, those flashes could come tonight.

I don't think Ottawa counts on Alfie for all the offense. Obviously Turris has been asleep for a while but if the goal he scored has woken him up, his line will start to click a lot better.

Agreed on Methot though. He's looked very good all season. Now with Karlsson out for all this time, people have finally taken notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad