Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Montreal - Wednesday, March 13th @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I was at the Boston - Ottawa game and Ottawa looked awful. Boston played a terrible first 20 mins or it wouldn't have been a game. Alfredsson is terrible and that whole line was dysfunctional. Turris is obviously skilled but too soft on the puck to be a consistent threat.

I have no idea how they're winning.

Methot is very underrated....he's the only one who impressed me

Not surprising, I don't think they're trying to play 'crowd pleasing hockey'...playing 'ugly' hockey is exactly what they have to and want to do.

I have an idea of how they're winning...coaching.

Paul MacLean is a tremendous coach.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Orr and Scott are the king of the heavyweights. Kassian isn't that good of a fighter for his size. Plus he's actually worse than Orr or Scott if you can believe it. He's terrible...just terrible.

However I do agree that with the NE bulking up, we should add some size. Bergevin put in a claim for Sestito, so I am sure he's working on it.

Mcgrattan is the king of heavyweights and Kassian is a better hockey player than Scott.....

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
I disagree with Ottawa looking awful, at least in the first two periods. Maybe Boston made them look better than they actually were, but they still played Boston hard - especially in the offensive zone. Alfie is showing his age now, but he's also shown flashes this season. For all we know, those flashes could come tonight.

I don't think Ottawa counts on Alfie for all the offense. Obviously Turris has been asleep for a while but if the goal he scored has woken him up, his line will start to click a lot better.

Agreed on Methot though. He's looked very good all season. Now with Karlsson out for all this time, people have finally taken notice.

I thought after Boston called the timeout, they took control of the game. Boston turned the puck over non-stop in the first period and Ottawa cashed in.

The sens are winning games. What else is there to say. They have a good system and break out well. That's keeping their games close and giving them a chance to win

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
I'd rather it be a boring game and get the two points, thanks and exciting game and not get two points.

Price can't let in any cheap goals.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Mcgrattan is the king of heavyweights and Kassian is a better hockey player than Scott.....

The first part is debatable, and we won't be seeing McGrattan at all so really we should be worried about the heavyweights in our conference this year, ie: Orr and Scott.

As for the last part, again debatable, but Scott is definitely a better fighter.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
There is no such thing in the NHL. Anybody with any sense of logic and with experience in watching NHL hockey knows this.

Plenty of teams have fallen prey to the Ottawa Senators.

Hell, the Blue Jackets got 10/12 points in the past week and half.

You're taking my post way too seriously.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Here we go, the sens legions of AHL caliber players try to be a NHL hockey team again.

Let's beat them :yo:

1319060442368_ORIGINAL.jpg

PricePkPatch*

Doesn't matter who's in net, they all can shut the Habs out. Except perhaps if they sign Auld.

If the Habs play strong and don't take their opponent lightly, there ain't a team in the league they can't beat.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If the Habs play strong and don't take their opponent lightly, there ain't a team in the league they can't beat.
Well two things,

1. They have not played the West, can't really say that.

2. They have 4 goals versus the Sens in 3 games. Only win was helped by a favourable no goal call.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Why most of the teams often perform badly in their first game at home after a long trip on the road ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad