Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudForLife

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
I used facts and evidence. @Teeder Keon has yet to provide any, other than "oh he has wisdom"

My point still stands, doesn't matter if you've been watching hockey for 1000 years. If you think Thornton is better than Kerfoot you really don't know much about hockey --- sorry to tell you old man.

Alex Kerfoot is used in a shutdown role, plays PK, blocks shots, scores short handed goals.
He creates far greater offensive chances than Thornton, and, is 5x the player Thornton is.

Just remember, after getting demoted from the 1st line, Thornton only manage to produce 1 point in 15 games (WHILE GETTING PP time).
Kerfoot (who doesn't even get PP anymore, just PKs) has produced better than Thornton will playing 4th line minutes throughout the season.

"OH but Thornton brings wisdom". Who gives a shit about wisdom? Why not put him in the press box instead? He can still travel with the team, give them "wisdom", and not be a bum on the ice.

You can make your point without any reference to a person's age.

We all have opinions. Nasty comments are not necessary.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
It's the old guys on this site who love Thornton.

He does nothing on the ice for the team.

He needs to retire.

You've obviously used neither facts nor evidence to back up this statement

I'm an old guy, and I do not love Thornton and have been quite vocal about my feelings about him being in the line-up,

I'd rather see a Gaudet or Agostini get his spot, just based on their size speed and knowing they have the tools required to play a bottom 6 role

Thornton retiring or being waived does SFA for the cap situation, so retiring Jumbo is actually detrimental to the cap situation and thusly the team

facts and evidence are apparently your friend or so I've read

cheers mate

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
It's the old guys on this site who love Thornton.

He does nothing on the ice for the team.

He needs to retire.
I'm an old guy and I agree with you. Thornton can motivate the boys by retiring and being a bench coach. He's toast.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
SIX MO HOURS SUCKAS and HUUMANS!!! :clap: WE FINNA WIN THIS THANG!! AGAIN!! HARD!!!!! WE HAAAARDDDD WE GOO HARD!!! :clap: NOW LETS DRINK 6 H FROM NEZOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOP WOOP JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YO THANG!! F what they lookin at!!! DO YOU THANG MAYNE!

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
SIX MO HOURS SUCKAS and HUUMANS!!! :clap: WE FINNA WIN THIS THANG!! AGAIN!! HARD!!!!! WE HAAAARDDDD WE GOO HARD!!! :clap: NOW LETS DRINK 6 H FROM NEZOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOP WOOP JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YO THANG!! F what they lookin at!!! DO YOU THANG MAYNE!

In honour of Campbell we need a cocktail with Jack.

Maybe with a soup twist to it. Gotta be cold soup though... like vichyssoise.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Reactions: Coachcorner

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Thornton last 11 games.. 5 shots and zero points. Time to waive him to the taxi squad while we try winning last change advantage throughout the playoffs
I doubt the Leafs really want to do that as it would embarass Thornton and wouldn't help their free-agent recruitment efforts.

If they can carry 13 forwards, making him a healthy scratch might do, and that would help the team just as much.

They could also rotate him in and out with younger more effective players -- keeping him fresh for the odd time when he is in the lineup.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Someone’s going to have to wake the Coach off the couch in 4 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad