Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
If Galchenyuk plays the same way he did with JT, he could a a Hyman with passing and shooting and that Matthews line goes to another level. :popcorn:

Funny, I was thinking if Hyman plays the same way he did with everyone, he could just be a himself and that Tavares line goes to another level. :popcorn:

Reactions: saltming

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Highlights of tonight’s game:

• Connor Brown tries to break a Sens record by scoring in 7 straight games
  • Soupy tries to stand alone in record 11 wins to start a season
  • Galchenyuk plays on top line against another team that gave up on him
  • Pierre Dorian gets to chuck another glass of Orange Juice

Last edited:

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Thornton last 11 games.. 5 shots and zero points. Time to waive him to the taxi squad while we try winning last change advantage throughout the playoffs
I believe they have to keep playing Thornton, rather than have him go to taxi squad, due to what it would do to the cap. I could be wrong, though.

Reactions: egd27

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I believe they have to keep playing Thornton, rather than have him go to taxi squad, due to what it would do to the cap. I could be wrong, though.
Oh ok. I don’t even try following cap crap anymore. I check cap friendly and thats it. They have a trade tool where you can move players in and out and it calculates cap.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Would put Willy on his own line to dominate the other teams 3rd lines.

Galchenyuk Matthews Marner
Mikheyev Tavares Hyman
Kerfoot Engvall Nylander
Thornton Spezza Simmonds

Upgrade Kerfoot and Engvall with better defensive support players for Willy and watch him soar.

Thornton, Spezza, Simmonds, yikes.

The geriatric unit.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Thornton last 11 games.. 5 shots and zero points. Time to waive him to the taxi squad while we try winning last change advantage throughout the playoffs
Not that it matters because I doubt they thought it would've lasted, and the Leafs roster has quite a lot of flexibility, but I'd love to know the thought process behind Thornton, Matthews, Marner.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Not that it matters because I doubt they thought it would've lasted, and the Leafs roster has quite a lot of flexibility, but I'd love to know the thought process behind Thornton, Matthews, Marner.
Two passers for Matthews,Thornton was strong low,made plays from behind the net,big body when he goes to the net front,maybe set up marner for some shots. All means nothing the way he’s played after busting his rib.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Oh ok. I don’t even try following cap crap anymore. I check cap friendly and thats it. They have a trade tool where you can move players in and out and it calculates cap.
CapFriendly is amazing.
I believe after the trade deadline they will be able to rest him, hopefully, because he definitely needs to sit out some.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wafflewhipper

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
No doubt Thornton is old. I don't think there was anybody not surprised by his use on the first line to start the season. I am surprised he hasn't been rested more. Spezza is a perfect example of how a vet can thrive with lower ice time, albeit he is obviously younger and faster than Thornton. I do think Thornton has a place with low minutes and some 2nd unit PP time. It's not just that he's slow, he hasn't been sharp with accepting passes or corralling loose pucks lately. He will be valuable as depth in the playoffs, injuries will happen, we just can't burn him out before we get there. (this is an insane schedule for any player, let alone a 41 year old)

Reactions: Vaive50

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
After losing two straight to LOilers, Ottawa will come out like gang busters and pretend it's game 1 of the SCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad