Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Might as well give it a shot to see what combinations have chemistry, Chucky has been proving himself.

Yep.. the Leafs are in a good position to experiment a bit.

If Chucky can play as well as he did with JT, and be a positive contributor on Matthews' left side, that will probably be enough to keep him in the line up and dictate what Dubas wants to do on deadline day.

Seems like the Leafs value versatility and flexibility in the line up a lot this year.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I agree, but one thing Keefe is better than Babcock for is trying new things when we have a cushion like this.

We can afford taking new looks, maybe Galchenyuk with Matthews is the best thing ever, with Babcock, we'd never know.

Agreed. I do like what I've seen from Galchenyuk though with regards to his impact on Tavares. We all know he won't be a good point producer in a top 6 role, but Galy's speed and effort level seems to be meshing well with Tavares. JT has been much more active offensively with those 2 together. Either way, with this cushion, you try different combinations while you have the luxury, but I think he'll be back on JT's wing.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I wonder if this is a blessing in disguise
If those top 2 lines click.

How deadly is a bottom 6 of:
Thornton - Nylander - Robertson
Simmonds - Spezza - Engvall/Kerfoot
Would put Willy on his own line to dominate the other teams 3rd lines.

Galchenyuk Matthews Marner
Mikheyev Tavares Hyman
Kerfoot Engvall Nylander
Thornton Spezza Simmonds

Upgrade Kerfoot and Engvall with better defensive support players for Willy and watch him soar.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
..but can you do the chicken dance while wearing skates?
upload_2021-4-9_13-59-21.gif

Reactions: Eric bungay

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
hope im wrong but:

It would be very leafy for campbell to set the record in the previous game against a formidable opponent, then lose the next game to a bottom feeder.

plus we just came off playing a high emotion game, this team just never gets up for ottawa. and i dont blame them. Even I, a super fan, doesnt give a shit about tonights game lol

I see that in simple fact that game is tomorrow. lol

Reactions: saffronleaf

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
I’m sorry , your right , you got me ...
I know less than little about hockey
I’m almost 70
Been watching hockey for about 60 plus years
Have been involved with hockey for about 55 years
Have played at a relatively high level for many years
Have coached for over 25 years
Have managed teams
Have played 4 major sports at high levels
My children have always been in sports and still are
Sorry again , that I just don’t know as much as you friend
Go Leafs Go

None of that means you can't be wrong on any given topic...

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Agreed. I do like what I've seen from Galchenyuk though with regards to his impact on Tavares. We all know he won't be a good point producer in a top 6 role, but Galy's speed and effort level seems to be meshing well with Tavares. JT has been much more active offensively with those 2 together. Either way, with this cushion, you try different combinations while you have the luxury, but I think he'll be back on JT's wing.

You might think that but no-one knows.

Some people think he my produce...

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I said that Gally would be on the top line a few days ago. Gally learning to play with other elite players and getting used to their style is probably the biggest reason. With Nylander out, Tavares also gets a safer and better option in Hyman than Gally. I also think Gally could mesh well with Matthews and Marner. All have high-end skill and passing abilities. Hyman more grit and finish. Hoping Marner and Gally can finish more with more playmaking options on the line.

Reactions: saffronleaf

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I said that Gally would be on the top line a few days ago. Gally learning to play with other elite players and getting used to their style is probably the biggest reason. With Nylander out, Tavares also gets a safer and better option in Hyman than Gally. I also think Gally could mesh well with Matthews and Marner. All have high-end skill and passing abilities. Hyman more grit and finish. Hoping Marner and Gally can finish more with more playmaking options on the line.

Gally probably thinks he is in heaven. That sort of heaven you need to work hard to stay in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino