Proposal: Ottawa - Chicago

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
You don't put what may be the best F we have in Stu on the 3rd line.

G you move around for what makes sense and give him PP time.
Then you move down Batherson. Wither way Giroux needs to play with skill to get his max potential and the reason we signed him in the first place,.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The next few season are the ones where we can go out and play with money because we have future stars on entry level contracts.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
The next few season are the ones where we can go out and play with money because we have future stars on entry level contracts.
Only Stutzle for 1 more year, then Sanderson for two years. Greig maybe if you want to count him for three years.
Otherwise, basicalyl everyone's on their first big contract with no bridges - Norris, Tkachuk, Batherson, Chabot are all on their career contracts, Stutzle not far behind. We have basically no salary cap room next year (in part due to Zaitsev and dead cap totalling 5M).

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Only Stutzle for 1 more year, then Sanderson for two years. Greig maybe if you want to count him for three years.
Otherwise, basicalyl everyone's on their first big contract with no bridges - Norris, Tkachuk, Batherson, Chabot are all on their career contracts, Stutzle not far behind. We have basically no salary cap room next year (in part due to Zaitsev and dead cap totalling 5M).
This is why I'd trade for Jones and 1 season of Kane. See if we can catch lightning a bottle for 1 season and moving forward hold on to Jones as our top pairing D with Chabot. Going into next season we would have around 8m. If the cap goes up bonus. Right when Sanderson needs a contract we have our dead cap space back.

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
This is why I'd trade for Jones and 1 season of Kane. See if we can catch lightning a bottle for 1 season and moving forward hold on to Jones as our top pairing D with Chabot. Going into next season we would have around 8m. If the cap goes up bonus.
Would be a hard pill to swallow to mortgage the next two years of picks but I'd be curious to see how it plays out if your trade went through.

Kane 50% retained = 1st round pick + B prospect (Sokolov)
Jones 20% retained = 1st round pick + 2nd round pick + A prospect (Pinto)
Trade Zaitsev today = 2nd round pick + 2nd round pick

Probably couple 2nd round draft picks needed to be added to your proposal for it to be truly balanced

Ottawa upgrades Joseph for for 2M x 1 year shot, then drops the cap for Stutzle.
Seth bolsters the D, hoping we keep Zub.
Pinto gone but Greig steps in as 3C in.
ELC and dumpster bin for 4th line.

Hard pill to swallow is if we lose Kane + DeBrincat and are left no first round picks for 2 years and no Pinto/Sokolov to join a porous Top 6 of:

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Stutzle - Giroux
Greig

Or worse, if we lose one or both of Batherson/Formenton

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Would be a hard pill to swallow to mortgage the next two years of picks but I'd be curious to see how it plays out if your trade went through.

Kane 50% retained = 1st round pick + B prospect (Sokolov)
Jones 20% retained = 1st round pick + 2nd round pick + A prospect (Pinto)
Trade Zaitsev today = 2nd round pick + 2nd round pick

Probably couple 2nd round draft picks needed to be added to your proposal for it to be truly balanced

Ottawa upgrades Joseph for for 2M x 1 year shot, then drops the cap for Stutzle.
Seth bolsters the D, hoping we keep Zub.
Pinto gone but Greig steps in as 3C in.
ELC and dumpster bin for 4th line.

Hard pill to swallow is if we lose Kane + DeBrincat and are left no first round picks for 2 years and no Pinto/Sokolov to join a porous Top 6 of:

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Stutzle - Giroux
Greig

Or worse, if we lose one or both of Batherson/Formenton
I'm thinking about the horsepower this team will have for that one season to prove to at least Debrincat that this is where he should be. And if it is successful maybe Kane thinks about taking a lower salary. Cat is still a UFA after next season so there is time. I don't think there will be room for Formenton in the long run unless he shows to be too valuable. I think we can afford losing the 2 1st rounders over the next 2 seasons seeing as they will most likely in the 20+ spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad