GDT: Ottawa @ Buffalo | 7:00 p.m. | Sportsnet, TVA | CONY 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenatorsHockey

Sweet hockey body
Jan 6, 2009
Ottawa
Wow that game was hot garbage. We might be going the way of the Jets... we could find ourselves out of a playoff spot very quickly if we don't start playing better

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
If Anderson plays, maybe.

Lehner isn't the problem.. :shakehead

Our defense is getting exposed for being so inexperienced/slow, and minus the young gun line, our team has no drive whatsoever. These past 3 games has been beyond garbage, and to be honest I'm a bit peeved that MacLean is still acting so calm about it. We need some motivation, badly.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Terrible game to watch.

Conacher looked good in his first game. He will get a few goals for this team once he gets acclimatized.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Lehner could've been better but the whole team could of been a whole lot better.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
lol what's the point in blaming Lehner for a softie when the whole team mailed it in before the game even started, everyone looked dead tired from the get go.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
PP please. Need to score on those. Road record continues to be bad. I only hope that losing doesn't force our injured players back too soon.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Ok, so this is the NHL. Heck, hockey in general.

People who actually watch the games know that things aren't called to the letter. The games are more or less managed.

As soon as Ottawa got all those PPs, people who watch the game know Buffalo was going to get PPs. That the refs would start to ignore things Buffalo was doing and look to give the Sens penalties, even cheesy ones like Methots.

This is the reality of hockey. Being mad when you get no calls is fair. When you get 3-4 PPs in a row and then complain? That's people who haven't watched much hockey.
And it shouldn't be the case. Just because the NHL has done it wrong for years doesn't mean it isn't wrong.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Lol simmer down folks. Y u heff to be mad? Is just a game.

It's not the first one - or even an odd game out for us. We haven't looked very good for a few games now.

And if we don't pick it out - it's possible our place in the standings is in jeopardy.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010

Our defense is getting exposed for being so inexperienced/slow, and minus the young gun line, our team has no drive whatsoever. These past 3 games has been beyond garbage, and to be honest I'm a bit peeved that MacLean is still acting so calm about it. We need some motivation, badly.

Lehner isn't the problem you're right. But he's part of it. Just like the rest of the guys on the team. Lose as a team, win as a team.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It's pretty sad when the team doesn't show up for such an important game

I think the mojo might be running out but let's give Buffalo some credit, they played a strong game. The refs helped them a lot but we couldn't do anything with out PPs.

Turris was dreadful tonight, simply horrible; sure looks like Ott got to him.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Final score aside, it's the effort level that bothers me. Toronto and now Buffalo were both stinkers in that regard. Guys need to refocus.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
How many should we have had if the refs called the game by the book, instead of letting dozens of high sticks by Ott and the Sabres go? If you call it fair from the start, that **** stops happening.

Yeah, this isn't football. The calls aren't by the book and calls depend on the situation.

It's always like this. You can't really complain.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009

I mean because Anderson is like 10-0 against Florida for some reason. Otherwise it'll be another awful road game by an awful road team.

ShoShaun19

Mar 30, 2012
Ottawa
That was a brutal game to watch, and so have the last few games. They better pick up their socks...struggling at the worst time. We need to keep a cushion on our lead or playoffs will slip away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille