GDT: Ottawa @ Buffalo | 7:00 p.m. | Sportsnet, TVA | CONY 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
lol what's the point in blaming Lehner for a softie when the whole team mailed it in before the game even started, everyone looked dead tired from the get go.

Well it was 2-2. Then he lets in 2 soft goals in rapid succession. I don't know, way out of position on the first, somehow decides to go down when the guy is passing it over in front of the next, and the second, a weak five hole goal. What's new?

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
PP please. Need to score on those. Road record continues to be bad. I only hope that losing doesn't force our injured players back too soon.

PP unit 1 is not working, i think it's time to promote PP unit 2 and put Alfie on the point.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Ok, so this is the NHL. Heck, hockey in general.

People who actually watch the games know that things aren't called to the letter. The games are more or less managed.

As soon as Ottawa got all those PPs, people who watch the game know Buffalo was going to get PPs. That the refs would start to ignore things Buffalo was doing and look to give the Sens penalties, even cheesy ones like Methots.

This is the reality of hockey. Being mad when you get no calls is fair. When you get 3-4 PPs in a row and then complain? That's people who haven't watched much hockey.

Agree with this, the refs gave the sens enough pp to score in and the sens didnt capitalize

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
Ok, so this is the NHL. Heck, hockey in general.

People who actually watch the games know that things aren't called to the letter. The games are more or less managed.

As soon as Ottawa got all those PPs, people who watch the game know Buffalo was going to get PPs. That the refs would start to ignore things Buffalo was doing and look to give the Sens penalties, even cheesy ones like Methots.

This is the reality of hockey. Being mad when you get no calls is fair. When you get 3-4 PPs in a row and then complain? That's people who haven't watched much hockey.

your point is irrelevant. you CANT ignore a high stick. it is an automatic penalty. you dont get to make a judgement call. its a fn penalty.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
your point is irrelevant. you CANT ignore a high stick. it is an automatic penalty. you dont get to make a judgement call. its a fn penalty.

Our PP sucks anyways. The problem was not that we didn't get more PP's, it's that our PP ****ing sucks.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Buffalo fans must be pissed.
First we win 3 games when they had a chance for playoffs, now we give them points when they are in rebuild mode :laugh:

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
The game was so uneventful...

Worst part is that all these loses have make me actually look at the standing.

I feel like a Leafs fan when I do that...so dirty.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
Our PP sucks anyways. The problem was not that we didn't get more PP's, it's that our PP ****ing sucks.

regardless. if the sabres were actually as shorthanded as much as they should have been, they would have been so damn tired and their line combos would have been messed the hell up. so even if we were garb on the pp it still woulda put us in an incredible, and deserved, position to win.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site

My last post on the reffing - again, this is how hockey is and always has been.

Unless someone is seriously injured, penalties are always dependent on the situation of the game.

Just as how nothing gets called at the end of a tight game, barring an injury or a penalty wiping out a scoring chance.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
time to bench turris for a game...he was terrible with the puck...especially on the powerplay

i wouldn't bench him but i would change the lines up like

Silf - Zibanejad - Alfie
Lats - turris - Conacher

Stache use to change them up pretty good TBH. Now he doesn't move guys around to much when they're not producing and that Lundin - Phillips PP pairing is soooooooooo bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad