GDT: Ottawa @ Buffalo | 7:00 p.m. | Sportsnet, TVA | CONY 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
My last post on the reffing - again, this is how hockey is and always has been.

Unless someone is seriously injured, penalties are always dependent on the situation of the game.

Just as how nothing gets called at the end of a tight game, barring an injury or a penalty wiping out a scoring chance.

and that is why the NHL is garbage. your move.

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
i wouldn't bench him but i would change the lines up like

Silf - Zibanejad - Alfie
Lats - turris - Conacher

Stache use to change them up pretty good TBH. Now he doesn't move guys around to much when they're not producing and that Lundin - Phillips PP pairing is soooooooooo bad.

Do it. Do it...can't hurt.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Our PP sucks anyways. The problem was not that we didn't get more PP's, it's that our PP ****ing sucks.
The kids had more chances but only got 30 seconds when it was obvious that the 1st pp wasn't doing the job multi pp in a row. Also the choice of D at times on some of those pp was strange.

Stache wants to keep everyone fresh but really Lundin is a friggin practice calibre D and shouldn't dress unless someone is on crutches. In the big picture I'm not the biggest Benoit fan but there is no way Lundin should be on the pp and leave Benoit sitting in the stands

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
Final score aside, it's the effort level that bothers me. Toronto and now Buffalo were both stinkers in that regard. Guys need to refocus.

I agree. I don't mind as much when the team loses if they have worked hard and tried their best to win. Can't say that was the case tonight.

Alfies Moustache

Jul 13, 2011
North
There seems to be a few things not working that has to be fixed. A lot of the perimeter plays that our team seems to seek just ain't working. A lot of the times we are 2nd on the puck, loose possession and away it goes. We have no real way to get into the oppositions zone in a controlled manner, leaving it to the dump and chase which we seems to suck at right now.

The PP ain't working either. Need to get a few free goals there when the other team takes penalties. No real danger, again, just passing the puck while not getting any shots against the goal.

The first line has been having a lot of bad games, and while they usually play the best of the opposition, there has to be something done. We can't rely on greening - smith - neil for scoring, and while the young guns have been doing great, it is not in their position to be the biggest threat, not yet at least. I think alfi has 0 points last five games and turris has 1.

Everyone need to step up, get some damn edge going and fight back. Hopefully they all realise this in time to get their momentum going.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
The kids had more chances but only got 30 seconds when it was obvious that the 1st pp wasn't doing the job multi pp in a row. Also the choice of D at times on some of those pp was strange.

Stache wants to keep everyone fresh but really Lundin is a friggin practice calibre D and shouldn't dress unless someone is on crutches. In the big picture I'm not the biggest Benoit fan but there is no way Lundin should be on the pp and leave Benoit sitting in the stands

Plus Benoit can score on the PP. Just saying. I think I will dance a slight jig when Cowen and Michalek come back.

Old5oh

Mar 21, 2013
I have a soft spot for gay rights. By best friend is a homosexual and I've been around way too many people who make ignorant statements like that (Or statements that seem anti-homosexual).

Sorry if I took it out of context BBQHaven.

This is the internet. People need somewhere to go to seek refuge from political correctness

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
your point is irrelevant. you CANT ignore a high stick. it is an automatic penalty. you dont get to make a judgement call. its a fn penalty.

People forget that game management isn't about making sure both teams get an even amount of pps, it's about adjusting the tolerance of making a call based on the current tone and flow of the game. Call it all If its getting too chippy, or let them play if it isn't. Missing high sticks is never part of game management. Soft calls can be, but it has to go both ways.

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
I have a soft spot for gay rights. By best friend is a homosexual and I've been around way too many people who make ignorant statements like that (Or statements that seem anti-homosexual).

Sorry if I took it out of context BeerAndHockey

Also, please keep Barrhaven out of it.
Aside from the occasional shooting/stabbing it's pretty good out here.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Problem too was that they were stuck with the skating albatross that is Mike Lundin working the point. That was all sorts of horrendous.

Seriously, Lundin sucks. I want him and Regin off the team like yesterday.

Old5oh

Mar 21, 2013
Yes, please delete your account immediately. In fact, undo all the things you've done the past days starting with the loss to Toronto.

Gonna start with not lurking game threads until the game is over....
and not fapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->