Rumor: Ottawa and Carolina interested in Yannick Weber

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Weber brings almost nothing to the defense, Kaberle on the other hand has the best 1st pass on the team. It was obvious the other night we were have more difficulty than usual getting out of our zone.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Weber brings almost nothing to the defense, Kaberle on the other hand has the best 1st pass on the team. It was obvious the other night we were have more difficulty than usual getting out of our zone.

Not sure where you get taht Weber brings nothing to the defense. The problem is he brings the same as Markov Diaz and Subban.

If we have the choice you trade Kaberle and keep Weber...but we may not ahve the choice.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Not sure where you get taht Weber brings nothing to the defense. The problem is he brings the same as Markov Diaz and Subban.

If we have the choice you trade Kaberle and keep Weber...but we may not ahve the choice.

He doesn't bring the same as Markov, Subban or Diaz. His passing is brutal and his shot is nothing special. His defense isn't anything to write home about either. Atleast with Kaberle you have the elite passing that no one else has outside of Markov. When Kaberle was feeding Weber last year the PP was a mess because of a lack of a point shot.

Weber doesn't have a future on this team at his current level.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Pacioretty is out a MINIMUM of 4 weeks, it could extend to 6, mid March. If Eller keeps struggling I would look at Sykora maybe.

If they were that interested in Commodore he would have had a real contract not a 25 game tryout.

Why would a one way prevent them from sending him anywhere? Do you think Gomez and Redden had two way deals?

They said 3-4 weeks to be on safe side. I think I'll respect those numbers. But it is possible i can go a little longer or slightly shorter. Time will tell.

Sykora? Maybe... Could work for a very short term.

I think they didn't sign Commodore because they hadn't signed PK yet. While I'm sure management was going to sign him. We now have 8 D. Had they signed Commodore, we'd now have 9. That's a bit much.

It wasn't even my suggestion. I was just saying. It could be interesting as a 7th D and we may not lose much if it's for cheap.

Never mind about the one way thing. I checked after what it all entailed. I know now it's mainly for the money gained.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

the only thing relevent i think we could get back for weber is a pick this year...we have to try and dumo our spare parts for picks in this draft....this draft makes or breaks us going forward....imagine where we would be right now if we had drafted a getzlaf or a parise or richards instead of kostitsyn back in 03. we gotta nail this one.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
He doesn't bring the same as Markov, Subban or Diaz. His passing is brutal and his shot is nothing special. His defense isn't anything to write home about either. Atleast with Kaberle you have the elite passing that no one else has outside of Markov. When Kaberle was feeding Weber last year the PP was a mess because of a lack of a point shot.

Weber doesn't have a future on this team at his current level.

I don't think Weber has a future here, but you are underrating his passing and shooting skills.

Last year's PP the problem wasn't at the point, they had no shooting threat on the halfboards, Cammalleri had a crappy year and then was traded.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Weber is weak on his skates. I would so want him to go to Ottawa so he can take his weak, flaccid self over there and make the rest of them soft and flaccid like he is.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
the only thing relevent i think we could get back for weber is a pick this year...we have to try and dumo our spare parts for picks in this draft....this draft makes or breaks us going forward....imagine where we would be right now if we had drafted a getzlaf or a parise or richards instead of kostitsyn back in 03. we gotta nail this one.

Every team in the NHL can play the what if game with the draft. If you use the "they missed on player X" measuring stick then everybody's drafting sucks.

Detroit is supposed to be a great drafting team yet they have drafted no impact players since 1999.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

A 2013 second round draft pick for Weber would make me ecstatic but getting even a third rounder would please me. Let another team put up with his defensive weakness.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Weber is weak on his skates. I would so want him to go to Ottawa so he can take his weak, flaccid self over there and make the rest of them soft and flaccid like he is.

Not sure where you get that, he is stronger on skates than anybody on the roster other than Emelin and PK.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site

He isn't weak on his skates. His problem is that he is physically too small for the role that is available to him on this team. I would like to see him get a chance with another team where he could get a chance on the PP. It won't happen here, there are too many players in front of him

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
I wish we could find a GM with another team that agrees with you... unfortunately, I don't think there are many

Ya having defensive depth sucks, since the team is playing so well we should start making trades and replace those players with hyped prospects. Sounds like success in the making.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I wish we could find a GM with another team that agrees with you... unfortunately, I don't think there are many

Chiarelli traded a first rounder for him in the Bruins' Cup-winning season. Whatever weaknesses he exposes, it's not valid to doubt Kaberle's passing ability. I'd be happy if Subban could match it.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Flaccid is a term often applied to a body part not associated with hockey.;)
That was partially the intent. ;)
He isn't weak on his skates. His problem is that he is physically too small for the role that is available to him on this team. I would like to see him get a chance with another team where he could get a chance on the PP. It won't happen here, there are too many players in front of him

5' 11, 193 lbs is about the same as Mike Richards and Sidney Crosby. Lidstrom is listed at the same weight he is, but two feet taller.

Dude is weak and a pushover. Great shot, yes, but totally unproven as a PP QB and everything else, for that matter.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Chiarelli traded a first rounder for him in the Bruins' Cup-winning season. Whatever weaknesses he exposes, it's not valid to doubt Kaberle's passing ability. I'd be happy if Subban could match it.

Being Adam McQuaid's partner in the most important series of your life is not exactly a particularly great thing to have on your resume.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
a 7th Dman with that kind of attitude and class (and skill) is a valuable asset. There will be a time where he will be a solid bottom pairing Dman . I think he will see some playing time .... injuries, ie: emelin, bouillon or kaberle having a couple of bad games in a row... never know. tradehim if the return is good ... but it won't be, so... keep him ...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
That was partially the intent. ;)

5' 11, 193 lbs is about the same as Mike Richards and Sidney Crosby. Lidstrom is listed at the same weight he is, but two feet taller.

Dude is weak and a pushover. Great shot, yes, but totally unproven as a PP QB and everything else, for that matter.

He's actually up to 198 or 200lbs.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Bergy spoke to the media about an hour ago and said he's not looking to deal Weber or Kaberle...

Of course, him coming out and saying the contrary would have been surprising.

Michel Chabot ‏@MChabotRC
Bergevin n'a pas l'intention de se débarasser de Kaberle ou Weber. Les D sont une denrée rare. "On ne sait jamais ce qui peut se passer.#ch

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Being Adam McQuaid's partner in the most important series of your life is not exactly a particularly great thing to have on your resume.

if your resume ends with ''oh btw, we won the cup'' ... i'd be pretty comfortable with it. :laugh:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Bergy spoke to the media about an hour ago and said he's not looking to deal Weber or Kaberle...

Of course, him coming out and saying the contrary would have been surprising.

Michel Chabot ‏@MChabotRC
Bergevin n'a pas l'intention de se débarasser de Kaberle ou Weber. Les D sont une denrée rare. "On ne sait jamais ce qui peut se passer.#ch

He may still be shopping one or both and doesn't want to tip his hand. If he makes a deal he will just say that he liked the return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad