Rumor: Ottawa and Carolina interested in Yannick Weber

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Trade him if we can get a good return.
I mean, he's probably about to be our 8th D-Men back there, and if it's the case, he's probably gone to Europe as soon as is contract is up.

This said, he should really be in the lineup instead of Kaberle.

Unless Kaberle is actually being shopped.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
If Diaz keeps playing like that, and when PK comes back, I just don't see where he fits in anymore. I'd like to see him get a chance somewhere else.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Cool to see that he has some value, because he won't have much of place on this team, even more so when/if PK is signed.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Over in the tread forum.

Someone from the canes side said.

:canes

Zach Boychuk

:habs

Yannick Weber

Some believe its a good deal.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Again, its total bs. They were speculating on the show about what teams would be interested in Weber :laugh: Gotta love RDS.

François Gagnon said Ottawa asked about him yesterday on l'Antichambre. Apparently he has sources in Ottawa. I know he's a Sens fan. But I also think he's a weasel so you're right it could be BS. :laugh:

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Wouldn't get nothing for Weber. Might as well keep him in case of injuries. Gives the team depth

He's also a young kid that deserves a chance to play. We have others in the minors that could do a similar job to Weber that are going to quickly pass him on the depth chart, why not do the kid a favor and give him a breath of fresh air somewhere else?

I'm not big on trading young players, but in this particular case I think there is some weight to the idea of doing so. Diaz has passed him on the depth chart and he cost us nothing, same with Emelin. We have St-Denis in Hamilton who could come in and play solid defense for us (he's better in his own zone than Weber), and we also have Tinordi and Beaulieu who could step in if need be.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He isn't getting a chance in the press box. Nor will he get a chance next year when Tinordi will likely earn himself a call up.

This will be the amazing source of events.
Don't get confused, you have seen this before.
We trade Weber for nothing.. 5th round pick.
We lose Subban for very little because of incompetent Management.
Powerplay struggles due to a lack of a point shot.
Montreal overpays for an aging or one-dimensional blue-liner (to the tune of a 2nd round pick+) to help the powerplay.
Powerplay marginally improves but we still miss the play-offs.
The aging blue-liner who performed adequately is lost to free agency for nothing. Thus flushing our 2nd round pick down the toilet.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
he should fetch a pick, that's what we need, or in a package for roster player

PricePkPatch*

Do you think he can fetch a 3 rd rounder back? I don't think he would which is another wasted pick if traded for simply late pick like a 5th or 6th

I'd rather we go for a young prospect than a pick..

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Do you think he can fetch a 3 rd rounder back? I don't think he would which is another wasted pick if traded for simply late pick like a 5th or 6th

he should fetch a 3d rounder, and i would do it, just because weber we'll be the wasted pick if we don't

if it's for less, i would keep him, play him a bit and try again later ;o

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Getting a 5th for a 6th for a 3rd that cannot establish himself as an NHL regular is a better return than most 3rd who cannot establish themselves as NHL regulars.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
With Subban probably not signing any time soon I wouldn't be in a rush to trade Weber...unless the offer was really good. If we can only get a 3rd 4th or 4th, no sense helping other teams in our conference.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Getting a 5th for a 6th for a 3rd that cannot establish himself as an NHL regular is a better return than most 3rd who cannot establish themselves as NHL regulars.

Kind of hard to come with that conclusion since the guy was never really given. Fair chance for more then a few games and was told to play as a forward like the same mistake we made with Streit

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad