Ottawa 67's 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I don't see any information/links to that service for 2021/22 or 67s?

I believe the OHL has a new service provider so it’s probably delayed in being posted but by the time the season starts, it should be up and running.

I believe it’s just the Missy games that aren’t included because they lost local broadcast interest. I seem to remember some minor issues with American based teams the odd night here and there but I don’t know if that is still an issue.

Typically, you can buy either a single game, a teams away games, all their games or the full league package.

I think it is about $150 for access to your team and $180 for the whole schedule.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
I have'nt seen it posted anywhere but the 67's have 6 exhibition games lined up.

67's Exhibition Games Announced - Ottawa 67s
OHC-67s_Exhibition-Schedule_TDFeatureImage_1600x900-1024x576.jpg

OHLoutsider2020

Aug 30, 2019
Can anyone share some depth charts for Ottawa? Going to be an interesting year. What’s best guess for opening day lineup ?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
What do the 67's fans think it would take to pry Cranley outa Ottawa in a trade ?
Probably a lot as we have nothing proven in goal behind him. As the 67's appear to be building to be a contender in 2/3 years I think they are banking on getting an OA year out of him (quite likely with a goalie). So I don't expect him to be moved unless Donofrio blows them away.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
What do the 67's fans think it would take to pry Cranley outa Ottawa in a trade ?

Im not too sure they’d make him available. I don’t think his experience level would adequately set a value that would make sense for Ottawa. It’s not like he’s Jack Campbell in a bad team.

As Sirius said, it would essentially come down to Donoso’s readiness level. As a rookie, I’d think giving Donoso the reigns would be a bad move. That said, he is lined up to be an OA during their next circled Championship caliber opening (2023-24). I’m not sure having Cranley as an OA next year and Donoso as a backup 19 year old is an ideal situation either. We were having the same discussions last year with Cranley as an 18 year old to Andree’s OA season so….

I wouldn’t rule out Cranley being traded but I still would fine that option highly unlikely this season. Maybe next offseason. Even that would depend on what the 67s piece together as their 3rd goalie and whether that guy is viable over the next few seasons. Goaltending continuity is tough at the best of times.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
As much as Cranley is still somewhat unproven, his stock probably goes up simply because there are so few goalies in the league that have any kind of pedigree. I think they could get something worthwhile for him and there would be enough suitors this season, which is why I think he ultimately gets moved.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
As much as Cranley is still somewhat unproven, his stock probably goes up simply because there are so few goalies in the league that have any kind of pedigree. I think they could get something worthwhile for him and there would be enough suitors this season, which is why I think he ultimately gets moved.

Agree with this. Very clear that Barrie needs a goalie so we'll use them as the example, who do they get?

The goalies who you can be pretty sure well be high end next year:
-Brochu, won't be moved.
-Merilainen, won't be moved.
-Gaudreau, won't be moved.
-Vrbetic, don't think he'll be moved.
-Lennox, maybe will be made available, maybe not.
-Tynan, maybe available?
-Guzda, OA

And to me those are the only goalies you can be fairly confident on. So if Barrie isn't willing to use an OA spot on a goalie as they already have 3 of Porco/Tabak/Hill/Allensen, then their only options are Lennox and Tynan, and who knows if Lennox will be even made available or not. So I could see why a Cranley type would suddenly get a boost to their value when it very well could end up that it's really only Tynan and him available as good non-OAs

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Agree with this. Very clear that Barrie needs a goalie so we'll use them as the example, who do they get?

The goalies who you can be pretty sure well be high end next year:
-Brochu, won't be moved.
-Merilainen, won't be moved.
-Gaudreau, won't be moved.
-Vrbetic, don't think he'll be moved.
-Lennox, maybe will be made available, maybe not.
-Tynan, maybe available?
-Guzda, OA

And to me those are the only goalies you can be fairly confident on. So if Barrie isn't willing to use an OA spot on a goalie as they already have 3 of Porco/Tabak/Hill/Allensen, then their only options are Lennox and Tynan, and who knows if Lennox will be even made available or not. So I could see why a Cranley type would suddenly get a boost to their value when it very well could end up that it's really only Tynan and him available as good non-OAs

Multiple 2nd round picks is where it would start then. If it isn’t a matter of experience then its a matter of supply-demand.

I cannot see Ottawa leaving themselves naked in net for a 2nd and 5th round pick in return. And, honestly, in a normal season, that would be considered an overpayment.

If Cranley were to prove himself in the first half and Donoso were to show some promise (in the same way Cranley did as a Rookie), there is potential for a deadline type move where the prices can get a little silly. If Ottawa is a bottom half of conference team and they have the ability to add an OA goalie to tide them over (they have 2-3 OA spots open), then I could potentially see it. But, Ottawa would need to be a bottom half of conference team.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
That is a pretty small roster, BarberPole9!

It looks like he won’t have much of a problem making that roster. 16 forwards means only 2 of those players will likely be cut and that is assuming they don’t keep a larger roster to cover for Covid related issues.

I think it is safe to say Moldenhauer is gone. The only thing left to do is to declare him defected when that window opens and take the comp pick. I also assume trading him is not a possibility.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Boyd: The door's always open for Tyler Boucher to join the 67's

If they could convince Boucher to join the team, the Marketing team will be very grateful no doubt!

GMJB clarifies the Moldenhauer situation as well. Personally, I would move on from the player and take the comp pick and any conditonal picks that you can get if he reports next year to the team of his choice. No sense in keeping his rights only to have him stay there again next season in a contending year for the team.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Boyd: The door's always open for Tyler Boucher to join the 67's

If they could convince Boucher to join the team, the Marketing team will be very grateful no doubt!

GMJB clarifies the Moldenhauer situation as well. Personally, I would move on from the player and take the comp pick and any conditonal picks that you can get if he reports next year to the team of his choice. No sense in keeping his rights only to have him stay there again next season in a contending year for the team.
Interesting interview. As OMG says looks like Moldenhauer is gone. Boyd said they need to decide on taking com pick or wait a year and hope he shows up. In my view take the pick as al least you get something for sure! The other noteworthy thing for me is Gaidamack is reporting, great news as he might be our #1 center. This didn't look like a sure thing a few months ago.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Interesting interview. As OMG says looks like Moldenhauer is gone. Boyd said they need to decide on taking com pick or wait a year and hope he shows up. In my view take the pick as al least you get something for sure! The other noteworthy thing for me is Gaidamack is reporting, great news as he might be our #1 center. This didn't look like a sure thing a few months ago.

WOW.

Some interesting developments for sure. Gaidamak reporting is a huge impact. We had written him off. Slotting him into the top two centre positions takes a lot of pressure off the younger guys. Boucher is committed to Boston University. It sounds like he won’t be in 67’s camp. It looks like he will go to BU for this season but it looks like he could move to Ottawa 67’s next season if it looks like his development would benefit from it. If he were to forego Boston University this season (he’d start there in September), it would be a huge boost but I highly doubt that is a possibility this season.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think it is also worth noting that JB mentioned the return of Adam Varga. So, we will have an OA suiting up this season. I think he will look good beside Tolnai.

Beck - Gaidamak (R) - Sirizzotti (R)
Robinson - Tolnai - Varga (OA)
Johnston - Laforme (R) - Rohrer (R)
Barlas (R) - Crete - Stonehouse (R)
Pinelli (R) /Foster (R) /Gardiner (R)

Belanger - Matier
Sawyer - Gill-Shane
Sirman (R)/Mayich (R) - Costantini

Cranley
Donoso (R)

I doubt we will carry three extra forwards but that is 12 rookies. Barring injury, we will likely dress 7 rookies skaters plus Donoso in net as the backup.

Reactions: OHLoutsider2020

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I think it is also worth noting that JB mentioned the return of Adam Varga. So, we will have an OA suiting up this season. I think he will look good beside Tolnai.

Beck - Gaidamak (R) - Sirizzotti (R)
Robinson - Tolnai - Varga (OA)
Johnston - Laforme (R) - Rohrer (R)
Barlas (R) - Crete - Stonehouse (R)
Pinelli (R) /Foster (R) /Gardiner (R)

Belanger - Matier
Sawyer - Gill-Shane
Sirman (R)/Mayich (R) - Costantini

Cranley
Donoso (R)

I doubt we will carry three extra forwards but that is 12 rookies. Barring injury, we will likely dress 7 rookies skaters plus Donoso in net as the backup.
Yes was a bit surprised about Varga. Don't get me wrong I think he's fine as a third/fourth line energy guy but as an OA? Not sure he should take icetime from the young guys this year. If he's gonna be in a top six role he needs a big jump in his offensive game imo.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think a better chance Rohrer is in the top six.

He’s only 17. To be honest, I’m not sure how this team is going to shake down. That Tolnai second line may be the third line for all we know.

The other consideration for Rohrer is he may play Centre. That would upset the apple cart quite a bit.

It will be interesting to see how things have changed for these players. The following will be things to watch as we go through the first month of the season:
1> What is Tolnai? He could be anything from a point per game Centre that plays top line minutes in all situations to a third line shut down centre that plays the PK and second PP unit.
2> Gaidamak and Rohrer both come in with some heightened expectations. Gaidamak is more seasoned as an 18 year old playing on Russian National Teams so the expectations surrounding Gaidamak are realistic. Rohrer is only 17 and hasn’t played much outside his club teams. I think his transition will take longer.
3> Crete and Varga are wildcards. Both veteran players. Both decent talents. Neither really had a significant opportunity two seasons ago. How have they grown and developed off ice?
4> Is Sirizzotti a break out player? Most will say yes.
5> Gill-Shane could very well be our best D-Man if you listen to a lot of the whispers behind the scenes. Clearly Matier is our most high profile guy but I have a sinking suspicion that Gill-Shane is going to open a lot of eyes this season, at least on the defensive/physical side of the ice. He may be a Kevin Bahl replacement.
6> Laforme will be heavily leaned on. Can he handle it?
7> Robinson’s last stand. Is he healthy? Can he play a full season? Has he simply lost too much development time to be effective? His skill should be enough to carry him but that may not be enough.
8> Is Cranley a capable starter? Is Donoso an OHL capable goalie?

A lot of questions surround this team. I like to think positively and I do think this team will have be better suited to handling the challenges this year now that it is confirmed Gaidamak will be here.

If Cranley can be a solid starter (I think he can), then the defense in front of him could be good enough to keep high scores from hurting us. The question is how well we can score. Sirizzotti will be heavily leaned on to produce. I believe he’ll probably have the best shot up front. I’m just not sure about his overall level of responsibility. Let’s see who steps up to be a leader. If we can have a few guys that really lift the team, I think we will be ok but it will come down to how strong our leadership group is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad