Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The hit was fine. Just a bad spot/distance from the boards. He fell arse first to the ice and slide hard into the boards. The Rogers broadcast said arm and possible concussion. So they stabilized the arm to keep it from moving. He’s fine but I’m just wondering if the arm break was displaced and that was why they had to immobilize it.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
You're right that at number 7 overall you do not draft for a defensive center but this year he still might have an important role. I suspect offense will come from him the next two years but not at the level we hoped for.

Oh, he’ll have an important role, that is for sure. The issue is whether he will be prepared for it and whether he will be able to handle it successfully through the playoffs.

My main concern overall is the lack of depth of scoring. We are seeing that right now. With Keating and Clarke out of the lineup, the vast majority of the scoring is four forwards and one D-Man.

In a perfect World, Beck would stay with the 2nd line and Clarke would slip down with Tolnai and Belanger. With any luck, that combination would generate some offence.

Reactions: sirius67fan

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
EOrafbxX0AIKip6.jpg

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
But seriously how good is Jack Quinn right now? He might end up being a top ten pick in the draft if he keeps up this scoring trajectory.

As with Rippon and Okhotyuk‘s extended absences, it’s impressive that the team is doing this without Clarke and Keating the past two weeks.

If you aren’t enjoying this 21 win in 22 game streak, you really need to give your head a shake!!

Reactions: OHLoutsider2020

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Just saw the game on pvr. They looked like a tired team today. Rossi seemed off whwn he returned or maybe just tired with 4 in 4. Hoelscher and Quinn carried the team this week end. Pretty good to take 5 out of six in two consecutive 3/3 without Keats as BP said.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Now please put Belanger with Rossi, Gareffa until Keats returns. Johnston and Groulx have not worked or hell put Belanger on D and give a few games to Hoef on left wing.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I thought I read somewhere that the OHL told teams to cool it with the comically homer three star selections. I know teams are trying to build a local fan base and all, but it's such a bad look...

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Was at the game. I assuming your boys had an "off night" based on the score? Game was sloppy on both sides and Oshawa couldn't hit the side of the barn. Their shooting is terrible. 2 pretty good fights with Nikita Okhotyuk getting the edge on Giovanni Vallati who challenged him after a clean hit and especially Dawson McKinney filling in Crete with a couple of good hard uppercuts. McShane had a pretty nice goal picking the corner on Andree as Ottawa watched him skate around. MC Other than that, this was a yawn fest.

Reactions: sirius67fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad