Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLoutsider2020

Aug 30, 2019
Got to enjoy this one in the rink today. Need to make more home games, just a wild game and $2 beers are a bonus.
Just one observation.... I don't think Hoefenmayer and Bahl should be paired together. Two top D in the league should be spread out.
They both like to go with the puck and that's where I see a potential problem. I would separate the two and pair them with any of Rippon, Matier, Constantini or Nikita.
But, pretty tough to argue with the season this team has had. Coaches and players have faced some adversity and the results are very impressive to say the least.

Reactions: Buschito

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Very entertaining game, Flint has a solid team. I know 3 on 3 is shinny but man was that 5 min exciting. A few observations. Tolnai playing better and better, more confident with the puck and solid defensively, anchors the third line well. Poor Johnston can't believe he can't buy a goal. He's playing great and gets at least 3 chances a game but just can't finish, it will come. Agree with outsider separate Bahl/Hoef. Put Hoef with Rippon and Bahl with Matier.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Flint fan here wondering if your newspapers do coverage for your 67’s or is it mostly about the Senators. Thank you in advance.

Flint goal, his 9th, by rookie Brennan Orthmann. Helpers by Kolyachonok and Morgan.

Good game last night, you guys have really improved.

ottawasun.com usually covers the team but the Senators get more press as to be expected.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Exciting game? WOW.

In my opinion, that was a frustrating game. Missed passes, overstated pucks, drop passes to the opposition, missed checks, ill advised pinches, poor outlets to in front of the net with giveaways in scoring zones etc.

I am not sure because my memory can be poor but that was the poorest executed game I think I’ve seen all season.

Flint has the speed to take advantage of all the mistakes and they did just that.

I’m happy a few of you have mentioned the Bahl-Hoef pairing. The team has played poorly since they put the two of them together.

Bahl and Costantini played really well together, as did Hoef and Matier.

Okhotyuk is getting a little too reckless. Part of me really likes it but the other part of me is very frustrated because I don’t think he has the overall talent to take advantage of his recklessness.

Jack Quinn was by far the most consistent player on the ice last night.

Johnston with Garreffa and Rossi was a much better match than Groulx. Johnston has that dirty speed that works with the shiftiness of the other two.

I still don’t see it with Tolnai. His first couple steps are really poor and it means he’ll always be held to the outside. If you notice when he looks strongest is when he is skating around the perimeter with the puck. As soon as he makes a move to go into the middle of the ice, he has no room and cannot make room for himself. HE can shoot the puck so this, to me, means he is best off on the wing where he doesn’t need to be as responsible to create the plays.

Reactions: OHLoutsider2020

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Exciting game? WOW.

In my opinion, that was a frustrating game. Missed passes, overstated pucks, drop passes to the opposition, missed checks, ill advised pinches, poor outlets to in front of the net with giveaways in scoring zones etc.

I am not sure because my memory can be poor but that was the poorest executed game I think I’ve seen all season.

Flint has the speed to take advantage of all the mistakes and they did just that.

I’m happy a few of you have mentioned the Bahl-Hoef pairing. The team has played poorly since they put the two of them together.

Bahl and Costantini played really well together, as did Hoef and Matier.

Okhotyuk is getting a little too reckless. Part of me really likes it but the other part of me is very frustrated because I don’t think he has the overall talent to take advantage of his recklessness.

Jack Quinn was by far the most consistent player on the ice last night.

Johnston with Garreffa and Rossi was a much better match than Groulx. Johnston has that dirty speed that works with the shiftiness of the other two.

I still don’t see it with Tolnai. His first couple steps are really poor and it means he’ll always be held to the outside. If you notice when he looks strongest is when he is skating around the perimeter with the puck. As soon as he makes a move to go into the middle of the ice, he has no room and cannot make room for himself. HE can shoot the puck so this, to me, means he is best off on the wing where he doesn’t need to be as responsible to create the plays.
OMG there is a difference between an excitig game and a well played one. Sometimes poor execution makes for excitement? As for Tolnai you might be right and he'll end up on thw wing but for this year we need him to hold the fort as a third line center. He's ok in the dot and responsible defensively. Also don't really know what other options we have...Groulx?? I do like despite the flaws you mention how his game is progressing however.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
OMG there is a difference between an excitig game and a well played one. Sometimes poor execution makes for excitement? As for Tolnai you might be right and he'll end up on thw wing but for this year we need him to hold the fort as a third line center. He's ok in the dot and responsible defensively. Also don't really know what other options we have...Groulx?? I do like despite the flaws you mention how his game is progressing however.

I will go as far as saying that although Tolnai’s lack of offensive ability is concerning based on his selection slot, he does manage to play a solid defensive game. It is impressive that his plus/minus is in the positive so it is not like his line is hurting us game to game.

In actuality, it is not the end of the World to have a defensive minded 3rd line centre like Tolnai. It is just unfortunate timing since this is a Vhampionship calibre team and it would be better to have a 3rd line with a little more offensive ability.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
EOlTx-_VAAAwMo-.jpg

How long is Keating out for?

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Stretcher being brought on to ice to remove Gavin White injured after a check by Daylon Groulx

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
INJURY UPDATE:

No disclosure on what Keating’s injury is other than upper body but they anticipate his return next weekend.

For Clarke, the initial guess was he’d return with about 5 games left in the season but they think he is ahead of schedule by a week or two as of right now. He may be back with about 10 games left to tune up for the playoffs.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
INJURY UPDATE:

No disclosure on what Keating’s injury is other than upper body but they anticipate his return next weekend.

For Clarke, the initial guess was he’d return with about 5 games left in the season but they think he is ahead of schedule by a week or two as of right now. He may be back with about 10 games left to tune up for the playoffs.
Good news for Keats, that first line is not the same without him. As for Clarle I heard might be back mid February so plenty of time to get timing back.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I will go as far as saying that although Tolnai’s lack of offensive ability is concerning based on his selection slot, he does manage to play a solid defensive game. It is impressive that his plus/minus is in the positive so it is not like his line is hurting us game to game.

In actuality, it is not the end of the World to have a defensive minded 3rd line centre like Tolnai. It is just unfortunate timing since this is a Vhampionship calibre team and it would be better to have a 3rd line with a little more offensive ability.
You're right that at number 7 overall you do not draft for a defensive center but this year he still might have an important role. I suspect offense will come from him the next two years but not at the level we hoped for.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I was at the game but did not see the hit as I was following the puck and no replays were shown. Was hit a dirty hit or an unfortunate hockey play. No penalty called but can anybody comment?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Hoelscher and Quinn were stellar. Cranley was very good, best game as a 67. Rest of team were sloppy/looked tired despite the final score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad