Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris67

Jan 11, 2020
Thought for a few minutes there that Cedric was gonna get credit for second 67’s goal
...brutal own goal by OS
Thought Poles were a little flat today but still good enough...3 games in 2 1/2 days is always tough

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Geez OMG a " very poor weekend" ,a little strong perhaps? They beat two good teams and lost to the second place team in the league in a game that was closer than it looked. Yeah they weren't as sharp as we've seen but still pretty good. Bahl was a bit off all weekend, we lost two top 6 forwards against Peterborough and we missed Tolnai on that third line center as he would have matched up better with Grondin. Great weekend...no but not bad at all imo.

"Good enough" isn't good enough.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Caught most of the game on tv today. Random question... why do few people sit on the penalty box side at 67s games? I’ve been there before and realize the big screen isn’t visible from that side but haven’t sat over there. I believe it’s general admission on that side?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Caught most of the game on tv today. Random question... why do few people sit on the penalty box side at 67s games? I’ve been there before and realize the big screen isn’t visible from that side but haven’t sat over there. I believe it’s general admission on that side?
Can't speak for other people but that's the short side and imo you don't see the ice well so I don't like it.

Reactions: Canadian Game

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Quite the trades

Tomasino
OSH3641042
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tomas
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Things just got interesting for all our New Jersey picked players. With Shero out it is going to be interesting to see which way the team goes.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
"Good enough" isn't good enough.

I have to agree. The results were decent, not great. Way too many careless plays resulting in a lot of goals. Yes, they scored 16 in 3 games, but gave up 15. This team lives and dies by wearing other teams out. They start very slowly, but once the skating game gets working, they wear down the opponent and tired opponents make mistakes. Ottawa's third goal against Owen Sound was just such a play. That being said, they seemed off their game yesterday. The loss of Keating meant an adjustment for Rossi and Garreffa. Groulx is a different kind of player. I think I see a return to fundamentals in the next few practices. It was interesting that they left Cranley in against Guelph when his counterpart got pulled. Good call by Charlie and the other coaches to let him work it out with his teammates.

Reactions: Puck Stopper 1975

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
After a while you start to believe the news that you are a super team. You also start to win lazy games and think that you can slide through. It is now up to Tourigny to start to change that idea. Lots of skating drills used to do the trick.

Boris67

Jan 11, 2020
After a while you start to believe the news that you are a super team. You also start to win lazy games and think that you can slide through. It is now up to Tourigny to start to change that idea. Lots of skating drills used to do the trick.
....Agree with this statement. I think they can work through this issue no problem because of the experience gained from last years success

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
....Agree with this statement. I think they can work through this issue no problem because of the experience gained from last years success
This isn't so much a problem as it is part of a cycle.

Teams will see success and then lose focus. It happens all the time, especially in Junior.

The key is to gear up for the start of playoffs. You want to peak at the right time.

Reactions: sirius67fan

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Anybody have updates on the status' of Keats and Clarke? Also was it ever announced Robinson was out for the season or does he have a chance to come back?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Anybody have updates on the status' of Keats and Clarke? Also was it ever announced Robinson was out for the season or does he have a chance to come back?

Robinson - was not announced but I heard he was done for season. I also heard he may be done for good.

Clarke - no announcement but Tourigny was talking as if he'd be back soon. By soon I figured regular season.

Keats - no official update but it was said he was "day to day" as far as Tourigny was updated. He didn't actually say that directly though. He'll probably be back this weekend based on the discussion.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Robinson - was not announced but I heard he was done for season. I also heard he may be done for good.

Clarke - no announcement but Tourigny was talking as if he'd be back soon. By soon I figured regular season.

Keats - no official update but it was said he was "day to day" as far as Tourigny was updated. He didn't actually say that directly though. He'll probably be back this weekend based on the discussion.
Thanks, do you know what the nature of the injury to Robinson is? Hip again or something else?

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Thanks, do you know what the nature of the injury to Robinson is? Hip again or something else?

It feels like Oshawa put one over on the 67's in terms of his health and medicals....has there been a precedent where picks are returned in this case? The conditional 3rd rounders is based on him playing an OA year which isn't likely at this point. All the best to the young man- it's a tough break for him.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I was thinking about the Shane Pinto discussions and have come up with a few thoughts that are all positive:
1) It's great to see the Sens and 67's FINALLY working together. After all these years, the 67's have never to my knowledge had an import pick from the Sens and have had only one player (Will Colbert I believe) drafted;
2) If the Sens recognize the 67's as I do as a superior development opportunity for their prospects, would they potentially steer some of their picks (Ambrosio, Peterson) there instead of going to college and would they speak to their European scouts to vet this out?
3) The 67's have a chance at two new high quality imports next year based on their recent history- Rossi 1st round NHL, Okhotyuk 2nd, Lintuniemi 2nd, Tyanulin pro contract. Draft position means very little in the Import draft and maybe the team can come up with a top six F and top four D through the process.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I was thinking about the Shane Pinto discussions and have come up with a few thoughts that are all positive:
1) It's great to see the Sens and 67's FINALLY working together. After all these years, the 67's have never to my knowledge had an import pick from the Sens and have had only one player (Will Colbert I believe) drafted;
2) If the Sens recognize the 67's as I do as a superior development opportunity for their prospects, would they potentially steer some of their picks (Ambrosio, Peterson) there instead of going to college and would they speak to their European scouts to vet this out?
3) The 67's have a chance at two new high quality imports next year based on their recent history- Rossi 1st round NHL, Okhotyuk 2nd, Lintuniemi 2nd, Tyanulin pro contract. Draft position means very little in the Import draft and maybe the team can come up with a top six F and top four D through the process.

For the record, Pinto says he had zero discussions at the deadline. The last discussion he reported was with Pierre Dorian in the summer. Take that for what it is worth.

I’m not exactly sure where you are going with the Sens. They don’t really have much of a working relationship. Most NHL teams would prefer their prospects closer tot heir programs and Major Junior puts them closer than the NCAA does. Not from a developmental position but from a signability position. The player cannot sign out of NCAA until he is prepared to leave. If the player decides to stay NCAA, their clock can also run out. So, every NHL team at some point will prefer the player to play CHL I would think.

Regarding the Import draft, I agree to a point. High profile Imports will all be picked prior to Ottawa picking next year. For example, regardless of Rossi having a deal worked out to play in Ottawa, had we had the 50th pick like we would this year, he’d have already been taken regardless of his desires. HE was too good of a prospect not to be taken. I wouldn’t expect to get more than one viable Import. I think, if anything, their 2nd pick would be a flyer on an NHL drafted player that had about a 5% chance of playing. They’ll roll the dice on Rossi anyway. I’d be very surprised if we got a top 6 forward year one picking where we’d be picking.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Sens have drafted a few players from the 67 Cecvi comes to mind , most recently

I would not be surprised if Ottawa does not already know who they are going to take with their only pick.

Boris67

Jan 11, 2020
Seeking opinion- if the Sens draft Rossi with their 2nd first round pick (San Jose) does that diminish or increase chance of him playing final year in junior for poles?

interesting —- but I think he can probably step in tommorrow and help Sens

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Seeking opinion- if the Sens draft Rossi with their 2nd first round pick (San Jose) does that diminish or increase chance of him playing final year in junior for poles?

I think Rossi is a solid player option for the Sens. I think he'd fit well into that system and he'd have a good chance of playing right away.

It will be interesting to see where their picks end up. Obviously they'd want the first or second pick and nail down one of Lafreniere or Byfield. Drysdale would be another great 2nd pick if they are fortunate enough to have two picks that early.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

If Rossi is a first round pick, and he will be, they are afforded two picks in the Import draft.

Reactions: Boris67

Boris67

Jan 11, 2020
Been thinking hard about possibility of Rossi playing for Sens next year as an older 18 yr old......starting to have a hard time seeing the Sens roll with 2 kids full time in their forward group ( assuming say Byfield as other selection)
Can’t think of an NHL team ever doing that ...Sedin twins ...can’t think of any other example

-Rossi would also be eligible to play in Belleville too.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Been thinking hard about possibility of Rossi playing for Sens next year as an older 18 yr old......starting to have a hard time seeing the Sens roll with 2 kids full time in their forward group ( assuming say Byfield as other selection)
Can’t think of an NHL team ever doing that ...Sedin twins ...can’t think of any other example

-Rossi would also be eligible to play in Belleville too.

Actually because Rossi would be drafted from the CHL,if he doesn't make the team who drafts he cant play in the AHL,only Ottawa in the O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad