Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
OMG

While there is truth in what you say about losing players there is an argument that next years team will be as good as this year. The loss of players like Sasha will be hard but you would agree that he is the only real loss.

Our Defence is stacked for the next year or so. Rossi will replace Sasha and we can hope that Tonai has a breakout.

If not this is where trades can fill the other spots.

If you say that this is the year then you ut a team in a box.

My thought this could be a good year but also next year can be just as great if not better.

No you do not squander it but you also do not squander the future.

The long ball of this is that this team is built to be very entertaining and to bring fans to games for the next few years and further. The last thing they want to do is pull a Springer and sell everything for a shot this year. Fans in Ottawa only want winning teams

We JUST made the national ranking let's give it some time.

We also lose Felhaber and Hoefenmayer as well as the other two OA's we will probably acquire before the deadline. We also stand to lose Keating if he graduates this season which right now looks very possible if he stays at or near the top of the points leaderboard. So I question your prediction of only losing Chmelevski.

Try to go out next season and trade for a #2 centre and two top line wingers. Good luck.

This is the year. I'm not saying next year will be a bust but the foundation of the lineup is built for this year because of the lack of significant graduation after last season. We have enough assets next year to sell off Bahl for future picks and make a run with a team surrounding Tolnai if they so chose to do so.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
We also lose Felhaber and Hoefenmayer as well as the other two OA's we will probably acquire before the deadline. We also stand to lose Keating if he graduates this season which right now looks very possible if he stays at or near the top of the points leaderboard. So I question your prediction of only losing Chmelevski.

Try to go out next season and trade for a #2 centre and two top line wingers. Good luck.

This is the year. I'm not saying next year will be a bust but the foundation of the lineup is built for this year because of the lack of significant graduation after last season. We have enough assets next year to sell off Bahl for future picks and make a run with a team surrounding Tolnai if they so chose to do so.

Kody Clark just signed, so this will also be his last year in the OHL

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Kody Clark has 4 points in 14 games, is a -6 and has played himself into a bottom-6 role with the 67's. Perhaps this signing will give him a boost but, if not, it's not a big hole to fill next year.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Kody Clark has 4 points in 14 games, is a -6 and has played himself into a bottom-6 role with the 67's. Perhaps this signing will give him a boost but, if not, it's not a big hole to fill next year.

Clark had three good months last year....the end. He isn't really even an OA possibility if he keeps up his play from the last 10 months. If he could be used as trade bate, I'd do it.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Chris Hofley‏Verified account @chrishofley 2h2 hours ago
More
Come see the first-place Ottawa 67's in action this weekend. Click the link and use promo code 67SSTF74 for up to 4 free tickets for either (or both) games this weekend. http://www.tdplace.ca/promo-code
DqIyM3nXcAIJF0i.jpg

Ottawa 67's, OntarioHockeyLeague, Glebe BIA and 5 others
0 replies7 retweets16 likes

Retweeted 7

Liked 16

Direct message

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Over on the Windsor Forum they are talking about DiPietro breaking the Career Wins record for a spitfire. I believe he needs one more. After that, they could see him dealt.

I am not too sure I would make that move right now. I do want the 67’s to trade for him but I am starting to think giving Andre the extra couple months as the starter would really help his overall experience and development.

The other reason is I think if they wait until the deadline, they will get a better sense of what is out there for trade and the prices associated with those players. They have a lot of trade capital and although I do want DiPietro to be the starter in January after the WJHC, I think it would be smart to see what else is available and whether other assets may be acquired cheaper and have a bigger impact.

Reactions: ETA 2000 Fan

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Anyone else think Tolnai will not be a 67 come January? I can see him being dealt to land a big fish for your playoff run. It would be nice if you could keep him and just rely on your boatload of picks to upgrade. Regardless, enjoy the ride!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Anyone else think Tolnai will not be a 67 come January? I can see him being dealt to land a big fish for your playoff run. It would be nice if you could keep him and just rely on your boatload of picks to upgrade. Regardless, enjoy the ride!

I highly doubt he moves. With so many picks we should be able to upgrade any position. Let's say I would be surprised.

Based on the standings to date, not one team really stands out that needs to be caught. We've seen so many seasons where teams play the big catch up game but this year I don't see it. I think most teams will upgrade on the cheap as opposed to go all in.

Reactions: nelli27

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Ottawa looks like a good bet to be on the top of the food chain as it is in the East, let alone how they maneuver going on.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I highly doubt he moves. With so many picks we should be able to upgrade any position. Let's say I would be surprised.

Based on the standings to date, not one team really stands out that needs to be caught. We've seen so many seasons where teams play the big catch up game but this year I don't see it. I think most teams will upgrade on the cheap as opposed to go all in.

That could happen. I thought that could happen last season.
I think Niagara & Guelph will spend what they can.
Ottawa, Oshawa, London, & Saginaw don’t ‘have’ to go all-in this year; but, might want to take advantage of having some of the best young players and all of the pick surplus among the better teams.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
That could happen. I thought that could happen last season.
I think Niagara & Guelph will spend what they can.
Ottawa, Oshawa, London, & Saginaw don’t ‘have’ to go all-in this year; but, might want to take advantage of having some of the best young players and all of the pick surplus among the better teams.

It really is a little too early to say. The problem right now is neither Oshawa nor Niagara are living up to the pre-season hype. London is also not living up to their hype in the West. None of them are tanking but they are only above average right now. If that continues to trend, they will have some tough decisions to make, The standings are a little confusing from that perspective.

Ottawa is doing well but it’s not like they are on pace for a 12 loss season either. We should get a better picture of what is really going on soon. I think a lot of GM’s may be sitting back and waiting for the first shoe to drop.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Yeah, it’s early. The first big statement trade generally occurs late November. I was just responding to your post of seeing teams buying light this season. I see Guelph, Saginaw, Niagara, & Oshawa as already showing their intention is to be in. With London & Ottawa at least playing a part in how much teams spend. I think there will be lots of big names and picks moved by the trade deadline

Reactions: Finster8

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
With the pics we have i would think that trading a body anybody would be a mistake. Then again if we get one we do have to let one go.

DiPietro would be a nice trade if the price is right however, we seem to be doing good with what we have and I really cannot see moving Andree to no games when he is this hot and the team plays for him.

This team does not need a DiPietro as much as it needs an older player that has postseason experience. Villardi would not be a bad trade even if it is just for his rights. The Kings may look at that is the best fit for him after he gets healthy.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
With the pics we have i would think that trading a body anybody would be a mistake. Then again if we get one we do have to let one go.

DiPietro would be a nice trade if the price is right however, we seem to be doing good with what we have and I really cannot see moving Andree to no games when he is this hot and the team plays for him.

This team does not need a DiPietro as much as it needs an older player that has postseason experience. Villardi would not be a bad trade even if it is just for his rights. The Kings may look at that is the best fit for him after he gets healthy.

If Villardi is healthy, he will command a kings ransom...even if heavy considerations are added that detail number of games he plays etc.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
If Villardi is healthy, he will command a kings ransom...even if heavy considerations are added that detail number of games he plays etc.

With him being maybe the best player in the OHL once he's back, KGN will likely trade him to whoever would be willing to do the trade without those conditionals (or as few as possible)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
With him being maybe the best player in the OHL once he's back, KGN will likely trade him to whoever would be willing to do the trade without those conditionals (or as few as possible)

It’s going to depend solely on health and when he is back. This could easily turn into a Josh Donaldson situation. If he comes back just before deadline or projects to return slightly after the deadline, Conditionals may be a significant part of any deal. If he plays in the WJHC and does well, the sky is the limit. You are correct in saying he is the top player in the league or at least the top forward, that is for certain in my mind.

I would have to predict a team that is a little more desperate for in impact punch to take the chance. I can’t see a team like Ottawa splurging on that type of player with that much risk without covering their butt with conditionals.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
It’s going to depend solely on health and when he is back. This could easily turn into a Josh Donaldson situation. If he comes back just before deadline or projects to return slightly after the deadline, Conditionals may be a significant part of any deal. If he plays in the WJHC and does well, the sky is the limit. You are correct in saying he is the top player in the league or at least the top forward, that is for certain in my mind.

I would have to predict a team that is a little more desperate for in impact punch to take the chance. I can’t see a team like Ottawa splurging on that type of player with that much risk without covering their butt with conditionals.

Gens are in a similar boat, can't see them going after one of the elite rentals this year. More 2 year guys like the Vallati trade. Or less expensive rentals

Sep 24, 2018
I would say that he would be more then enough to complete our need for a top player for Sasha.
I would do a deal as I really do believe in Andree’s ability with such a strong team in front of him.
We could also seek a strong d man closer to the deadline.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I would say that he would be more then enough to complete our need for a top player for Sasha.
I would do a deal as I really do believe in Andree’s ability with such a strong team in front of him.
We could also seek a strong d man closer to the deadline.

Bidding on Robertson will start at three 2nds and three 3rds.

I’m not saying he isn’t worth it. I just think there is a two 2nd round pick OA’s that may fit nicely.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I think many teams are going to bid. One thing that has to be taken into consideration though for East teams is that you do not want to make Kingston too strong.

I would hold off on him and see to me he is a good player BUT is he the top talent available. I am not sure he is even selected to the WJC camp is he

Personally, I would be more interested ina conditional trade for Vilardi. It looks like he is going to start to practice with the Kings soon. I would expect that they will want to practice him hard before sending him anywhere so would expect him to skate with the team until close to WJC and then the Kings will make a decision on what to do.

there is a greater upside to him than to Robertson

Last edited:

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009
Bidding on Robertson will start at three 2nds and three 3rds.

I’m not saying he isn’t worth it. I just think there is a two 2nd round pick OA’s that may fit nicely.

I think Kingston would also want an '02 or '01 player in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad