Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Durzi is back with Owen Sound after being returned by the Leafs.

One has to think Durzi is probably going to be dealt at some point.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
ANOTHER good win by the good guys tonight and IMO they really carried the play most of the night. Sasha looked like his old self with 2 points and 12 shots, Hoef was a tank defensively and Andree made the saves he needed to make.

I sound like a broken record but MAN IT IS FUN TO HAVE A DOMINANT TEAM.

Let's hope that they can keep it going in Erie for lucky number 7 in a row!

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Nice puck movement tonight, smooth breakouts, no panic.
Big team against a small Niagara team. Maxi was the only one trying to play tough guy, didn’t work out in his favour.

Nice game to watch tonight, one 67’s defensive lapse caused one of the ID’s goals.

Lots of shots on net. Not sure what you guys are looking to buy with all those seconds come January.

Well coached team, early favourites in the East

Thank you.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Ottawa carried the play all night. They're the team to beat in the East. Open that treasure chest of picks, go shopping and enjoy the ride.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Interesting responses to last nights game. Unfortunately, I was unable to watch it.

Going into the season, Ottawa was getting some love but I think they were being underestimated based on a lot of their unheralded players. A lot of that had to do with their poor team standings the last couple years.

Hopefully they can keep up that momentum.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
Game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Ottawa carried the play all night. They're the team to beat in the East. Open that treasure chest of picks, go shopping and enjoy the ride.
Agreed. Dhillon stood on his head for much of the night. He kept Niagara in the game right until the end (probably should have received a star). At the other end, Andrée was solid, giving up a Power Play goal to Maxi and another one resulting from a 67’s gaffe at the offensive blue line.

Overall, Ottawa moved the puck better than the IDs, IMO. When the IDs gained the offensive zone, the 67’s were largely able to contain the play, and when there was a shot (and the Dogs has their chances), the puck would be swallowed up or directed out of harm’s way. This game appeared to be more about defensive prowess than offensive output.

Reactions: three dog night

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
At this stage I think the team can sit back and look around. The picks are precious and I think teams will come looking for them.

If not then the Christmass trade season will be a lot of fun.

Goalie wise Dipietro is the man, however, do you really want to sit a hot Andree. I think the best we can do is stay with what we have and let it play out.

Touriny has put together a Killer like team in that all that is going to be needed is a role player or 2. Nothing that is going to cost the farm.

An experienced 18-19 year old forward that has some grit and size.

We have the defence for the next few years now just have to look for pieces that will assist Rossi and Tolnai.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
At this stage I think the team can sit back and look around. The picks are precious and I think teams will come looking for them.

If not then the Christmass trade season will be a lot of fun.

Goalie wise Dipietro is the man, however, do you really want to sit a hot Andree. I think the best we can do is stay with what we have and let it play out.

Touriny has put together a Killer like team in that all that is going to be needed is a role player or 2. Nothing that is going to cost the farm.

An experienced 18-19 year old forward that has some grit and size.

We have the defence for the next few years now just have to look for pieces that will assist Rossi and Tolnai.

You mention Kilrea. He was first to post at Christmas and then other GM's would outspent at the deadline and leave the 67s as the bridesmaid.

Lesson to be learner is other teams acquire players to propel past the leader so if the leader doesn't also trade to stay ahead, it doesn't matter what they do in the first half.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
It seeems pretty straightforward:

- Keep Andrée as a back-up, but bring in DiPietro (or an older, experienced goalie for the run). Cranley continues to hone his skills in Jr. A
- trade for a power forward that can complement Chmelevski
- trade for a 19-yr old or OA D to quarterback the PP

Signed, sealed and delivered. There’s your formula and it won’t cost the farm.

Just an opinion, and I welcome your feedback....

Reactions: BarberPole9

three dog night

May 3, 2014
It seeems pretty straightforward:

- Keep Andrée as a back-up, but bring in DiPietro (or an older, experienced goalie for the run). Cranley continues to hone his skills in Jr. A
- trade for a power forward that can complement Chmelevski
- trade for a 19-yr old or OA D to quarterback the PP

Signed, sealed and delivered. There’s your formula and it won’t cost the farm.

I welcome your feedback....
If it not broke don’t fix it.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
VIMY

The worst thing you can do to a goalie takes a starter that is playing well and make him a back up. Andree is proving that he belongs at the position. Di Pietro is nice but not having what I would call an outstanding year.

If I was GM I would wait until the WJC. Really he has not proven himself as a TOP TOP tier goalie. Let's see if he can be a starter again and if he is, in fact, a better solution than what we have.

Right now our top 2 lines are on fire. Leave them the hell alone.

I would trade for a player that will add some muscle and depth to the team a role player.

Defence again why? we have a defence that will be strong for a few years as we are going to have to make a trade but Let's keep these guys together.

The one thing that has to also be stated is that if a STUD player becomes available then yes if it will help do it.

OMGF I hear what you say but againKiller never coached to win the Cup he coached to build teams and if they got close then add what was needed remembering that there was a season to follow.
Kingston very shortly will be begging someone to make a deal for Robertson. He is going to be a steal because Kingston HAS TO TRADE HIM.

Vilardi is an unknown he is injured and in the NHL but LA is not going to send him back to Kingston after he recovers. Ottawa for a few games maybe.

Reactions: VimyRidge

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
VIMY

The worst thing you can do to a goalie takes a starter that is playing well and make him a back up. Andree is proving that he belongs at the position. Di Pietro is nice but not having what I would call an outstanding year.

730 Andree, CedrickOTT95072452202502.960.8987200000000.000
864 DiPietro, MichaelWSR73982131932013.010.90633000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I know, I know, sample size. But why are we in such a hurry to trade a piece of the future to get the #8 ranked goalie so we can make the #7 ranked goalie his backup? "Patience Grasshopper."

Reactions: VimyRidge

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
VIMY

If I was GM I would wait until the WJC. Really he has not proven himself as a TOP TOP tier goalie. Let's see if he can be a starter again and if he is, in fact, a better solution than what we have.

I would trade for a player that will add some muscle and depth to the team a role player.

Defence again why? we have a defence that will be strong for a few years as we are going to have to make a trade but Let's keep these guys together.

The one thing that has to also be stated is that if a STUD player becomes available then yes if it will help do it.

OMGF I hear what you say but againKiller never coached to win the Cup he coached to build teams and if they got close then add what was needed remembering that there was a season to follow.
Kingston very shortly will be begging someone to make a deal for Robertson. He is going to be a steal because Kingston HAS TO TRADE HIM.

Vilardi is an unknown he is injured and in the NHL but LA is not going to send him back to Kingston after he recovers. Ottawa for a few games maybe.
OK. You convinced me. As three dog night said,”if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

Curious who they’ll get as a back up when Cranley heads to the U17 Worlds. As far as I know, there are no other signed goalies in the 67’s system.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
730Andree, CedrickOTT95072452202502.960.8987200000000.000
864DiPietro, MichaelWSR73982131932013.010.90633000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I know, I know, sample size. But why are we in such a hurry to trade a piece of the future to get the #8 ranked goalie so we can make the #7 ranked goalie his backup? "Patience Grasshopper."

Yes, and Cedrick Andree will be cheering on his “inferior” at the gold Medal Game of the WJHC.....

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Travis Barron has only played two games with the Colorado Eagles....does anybody know what’s going on with him.

I hope that he sticks in the pros this year, as he is a great player and a great guy who has worked hard for this shot. If he came back for one last year in the , we have an opening for a Captain and BEAST winger :) He is the exact prototype for what Sasha needs on his wing.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Yes, and Cedrick Andree will be cheering on his “inferior” at the gold Medal Game of the WJHC.....[/QUOTE

At this point, Villalta and Hunter Jones and even Jacob Ingram are all outplaying Dipietro by a wide margin. I would imagine that there are other good goalies in the W and Q meaning his spot on the team, let alone starting is far from certain.

Maybe I’m scared off by the 7 2nds and Clarke rumour from last year and the feeling that Windsor is trying to hit a home run on a Dipietro deal. I am starting to think that Villalta might be the better option, maybe along with one of their big wingers.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Travis Barron has only played two games with the Colorado Eagles....does anybody know what’s going on with him.

I hope that he sticks in the pros this year, as he is a great player and a great guy who has worked hard for this shot. If he came back for one last year in the , we have an opening for a Captain and BEAST winger :) He is the exact prototype for what Sasha needs on his wing.

Colorado, like most AHL teams at this time of year, carrying 15 forwards (Marlies and B-Sens each carrying 16) . That's 3 healthy scratches each game. Travis will get his opportunities and earn his playing time.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
VIMY

I agree about not actively seeking a #1G while Andree is doing the job. But if DiPietro becomes available for a reasonable cost (not previous deadline rumoured cost), you’ve got to do it. Regardless of stats, there is no better OHL goalie especially if planning long playoff run.
There will be no steal of Robertson, imo; Robertson plus Paquette or Brahaney will net one of the largest returns this season.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Barron is a 4th line winger. I am sure they are going to give him time to grow. It may also be a reason that Boyd is not looking to hard for a winger.

Barberpole he may be a beast but he will never be THE BEAST!

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Yes, and Cedrick Andree will be cheering on his “inferior” at the gold Medal Game of the WJHC.....

Touche. My point is there is no vast difference at this point based on 1/6th of the season. Also, clearly, Andree has a far superior team in front of him.

DiPietro's GAA has risen slightly year-by-year as the team in front of him has weakened post Mem-Cup but his Save% is pretty consistent in the .905 to .920 range.

Let's see how the chips fall at the WJHC and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a pre-tournament deal in place with conditionals based on his performance. I'm sure Rychel wants him out of the west and I have a sneaking suspicion that Niagara is sitting at the 'poker table' with Boyd.

I do wonder what Boyd's 'Plan B' is as well as the stop-gap #2 while Cranley is at U17.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
SPEAKING OF me

Trivia time: How old am I?

What month was I born?

What was my original number?

Where did I get my food?

ALL YOU OLD TIMERS SHOULD FIND THIS EASY.

come on come on

BTW a not of trivia I was the first mascot to

1. run all the steps at Maple Leaf Gardens.
2. Skate in a nationally televised hockey game
3. see the players onto the ice at the first Orr Cherry game.

adults will understand I was also the first to tell a lady of the night that she could not handle my tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad