Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Question

Out of the past 25 years which 67 did you find the most entertaining.

I have a few Freddie Oduya He was so nice to help people he knocked down to get back up

Lance - you never knew which lance Killer was sending out

Kevin Weekes - he played with such an intensity and he did the best version of 3 blind mice I ever saw in front of the referees

Kevin Weekes may be one of the most engaging personalities of the last 25 years. A great balance of intelligence and whit.

Lance was easily the most entertaining by far. No one is even close for entertainment value. I remember a game in his rookie season he yelled at an opposing player who was trying to trash talk him, “I’ve got more goals and more Penalty Minutes and you’ve been in the league four years!” On top of that, who steals a School Bus? I mean really?

Brian Campbell was really fun to watch. Great skater and a good kid.

In the end, Killer was always the most entertaining. I remember a story when Chris Despatis, mad a t Killer, told him to trade him. Killer quipped back, “I have tried and the best offer I got was a ball of used soap chips.”

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
OMG I agree about Killer. We were in Oshawa and i was behind the bench with the team. The Oshawa fans kept trying to goad us into conversations. Finally, one of them looked at Killer and asked if we were mute or something. Killer just looked at him and said no that we were only allowed to talk to people with a brain.

Lance was s clown one night that he was suspended he wanted to wear the costume and be THE BEAST. He figured he could have a great time getting hugs from all the girls

Kevin not only had the wit but he was the scariest person in the dressing room. He used to come 2-3 hours before the others turn on the tunes and pump heavy weights for an hour. He got pissed at the team one game against Kingston and trashed the dressing room no one including Killer would go in the room.

But I still iked Freddies here let me help you up when he fought after he got the guy half way up he would hit him again

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
It's a big weekend with a Home/Home against Oshawa and a Sunday matinee with Saginaw. I'd love to see the team pick up at least four points though they will be tough to earn.
Hoping that Dipietro, Chiodo and Maksimovich are starting to get comfortable and can get to their normal forms!

Reactions: three dog night

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
How’s Maksimovich fitting in w you guys ?

First or second line ??

3rd I think. Rossi would be the 1st centre, Chmelevski the 2nd. That means Chiodo and Maks on the 3rd line centred by Hoelscher.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Maksimovich is struggling he only has 6 points in 6 games and 4 of them came tonight. 3g 1a

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Ottawa defense was very porous, I guess both teams had this same issuue.
In addition, Ottawa has to stop taking so many unnecessary penalties, they had something like 9 to Oshawa's 4. I believe Oshawa produced 4 power play goals.

This element of their game needs to be cleaned up.

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
One thing they mentioned on the broadcast was that Oshawa was heading to Ottawa last night after the game, but Ottawa was staying in Oshawa last night and then heading home today. I would rather follow the Oshawa template. Why would you want to travel on the same day as the game, especially when it's an afternoon game?

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
One thing they mentioned on the broadcast was that Oshawa was heading to Ottawa last night after the game, but Ottawa was staying in Oshawa last night and then heading home today. I would rather follow the Oshawa template. Why would you want to travel on the same day as the game, especially when it's an afternoon game?

Considering Ottawa had already spent 4 hours on the bus Friday, why do another trip and get home at 2am?

Most sports teams now employ or contract sleep management consultants who help them make these decisions and Ottawa is no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad