Confirmed Trade: [OTT/VGK] Evgenii Dadonov for Nick Holden and 2022 3rd round pick

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Is he being flipped to Buffalo? :help:

We know he can score. Does he at least have a strong possession game? This guy is getting 5m instead of re-signing Janmark or going with Krebs/Dugan. He doesn't strike me as the type of winger they look for.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
This.

Dadonov struggled this year for ottawa. But the whole team was a dumpster fire to start the year and there wasn't much time in a shortened season for him to figure things out afterwards.

He never looked terrible. He showed flashes of what he was in Florida. He's bwtter than he played with rhe senators.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if he returned to form with Vegas. He's not a bad player, just wasn't a good fit with the senators.

These trades just go to show you that general managers don't judge a player based on one season to the extent that people do here

How dare you put a logical post on HF?

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Good trade for the Sens. I am surprised that Dorion got the return he got back without any retention, won't be surprised to see Daddy succeed in Vegas PP1 or PP2.

Ottawa Pierres for the Win!

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Unless this is all a precursor to an Eichel trade and Dadonov is a replacement for a winger they're trading (my guess is Tuch).

Dadonov plays RW mostly, right? VGK already has Stone, Tuch, Smith there. A W has to be moving you’d think.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Good move for Ottawa, Holden and Vancouver’s third round pick.
Surprisingly no retention

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Stone, R. Smith, Tuch, Dadonov on Vegas' right side. Something has to give. They might not be out of the Eichel sweepstakes (Tuch++).

Big win for Dorion here regardless.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I guess another winger is on the way out? Otherwise how many wingers does Vegas really need--Stone, Pacioretty, Reilly, Marchessault, Tuch and Dadonov?

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
If Tuch is part of the Eichel trade (alongside prospects and picks) and Danault is also signed, where does this leave Patrick? And what are the top3 lines with such moves? Pacioretty, Eichel, Stone - Reilly, Karlsson, Marchessault - Dadonov, Danault, Patrick?

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
This.

Dadonov struggled this year for ottawa. But the whole team was a dumpster fire to start the year and there wasn't much time in a shortened season for him to figure things out afterwards.

He never looked terrible. He showed flashes of what he was in Florida. He's bwtter than he played with rhe senators.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if he returned to form with Vegas. He's not a bad player, just wasn't a good fit with the senators.

These trades just go to show you that general managers don't judge a player based on one season to the extent that people do here

I disagree with this, he's a vet. We had multiple rookies figured it out after the start. He looked terrible on our PP, worse than when we had Legwand and Gomez playing the half boards. If he was in his 20's I'd say bounce back season could be possible, but he's was product of his linemates in FLA. He could out up higher numbers in Vegas, but that doesn't mean much if his game stays the same as last year

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Dad was a free agent last year, and now Vegas pays full price for him, even after a bad season.

From this, can we infer that Vegas wanted Dad last year, but he chose Ottawa instead?

Mind blowing that perhaps two players (Phaneuf and Dad) chose Ottawa over Vegas.

(Said as a life time resident of Ottawa).

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Is he being flipped to Buffalo? :help:

We know he can score. Does he at least have a strong possession game? This guy is getting 5m instead of re-signing Janmark or going with Krebs/Dugan. He doesn't strike me as the type of winger they look for.

Something isn't adding up.. VGK is gonna do something big I feel... very very strange acquisition

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad