Confirmed Trade: [OTT/SJS] Hoffman, Donaghy, 5th ('20) for Boedker, Bergman, 6th ('20)

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Yep,its no secret that he may not be liked ....But the fact still remains ,why would we move him first???If EK is on another team what does it matter what happens with the locker room,we are going to be garbage anyhow
Because Dorion is a complete moron who thought he got a good deal.

This also sets the pretext to tell the fans that they did everything to keep Karlsson but he didn't want to stay while secretly low-balling him.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I know this is a hockey forum, but people need serious geography lessons around here.

San Jose is not the beach. The nearest beach is in Santa Cruz which an hour away by car.There is a Bay nearby San Jose, but it's a wildlife refuge.

I think you might be mistaking San Jose for some major city in Southern California.

I'm curious. Do you think San Jose is on the beach because the team is called The Sharks?

Also San Jose has a reputation for being a really boring town.

No I'm actually Doug Wilson and knew he was going to Florida all along.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Because Dorion is a complete moron who thought he got a good deal.

This also sets the pretext to tell the fans that they did everything to keep Karlsson but he didn't want to stay while secretly low-balling him.
Look ,you could be right...But I choose to try and take the high road here,to me nothing is done with players that make millions of dollars that can help the owner make millions of dollars....Moving Hoffman for a player that makes less money and some low round picks doesnt make sense..

Unless there is more to it....EK has said all along he want to stay in Ottawa,what if what he said is the truth??

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Look ,you could be right...But I choose to try and take the high road here,to me nothing is done with players that make millions of dollars that can help the owner make millions of dollars....Moving Hoffman for a player that makes less money and some low round picks doesnt make sense..

Unless there is more to it....EK has said all along he want to stay in Ottawa,what if what he said is the truth??
I'll take the high road when this organization and lunatic owner does.

I haven't seen any reason to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Yeah 'cause there was never a stupid trade made before this...lolll
Sure there are, but this isn't the poster child for a stupid trade. There were extenuating circumstances that made Dorion have to trade Hoffman. Using this to justify awful trade proposals on this site is just troll-like behavior, but what a surprise, it is coming from the fanbase that offers the worst trades.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I know they had to get rid of him but they had all summer to do so. To hit the panic button and give him away is incredibly foolish.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
This is one of those “...did you call everyone?” Trades. Hard to believe not one of 29 other teams would beat this offer.
Probably most teams didn't want the possible aggravation that comes along with the allegedly psycho girlfriend.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I'm posting this before reading the thread (which I will do), so I don't know if someone has posted something similar.

Eugene must be ecstatic: a $4M cap hit for $3M in real money ? Life is good !

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
What a brilliant move by Doug Wilson and once again Ottawa looks like an amateur organization. Didn't want to move him within the division for a better return, happens anyways. Surely you could've signed a player for 4 million as good or better than Boedker is in UFA and just taken the picks for Hoffman. Dorion is flat out not a good GM.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Outside of the better return a few reasons the Sens should have been willing to trade in the division.
  1. I doubt any team will be keeping Ottawa out of the playoffs in the near future because I don't think they'd be making it anyway
  2. They need to restock the system with all the Pick they traded away
  3. Chance Hoffman blows up another locker room.
  4. Increased ticket sales versus a division rival as I'm sure fans will want to give Hoffman an earful
The lesson for Dorion is to stay out of three way deals and trade direct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad