Confirmed Trade: [OTT/SJS] Hoffman, Donaghy, 5th ('20) for Boedker, Bergman, 6th ('20)

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
This is ridiculous. You are trying to save face here. Let's just say that it's not easy for Hoffman. And not as easy as a break-up email. Why was Hoffman traded if it's as easy as breaking up with her?
Ummmmm all I stated was
that not every state in the US recognizes common law marriage. That is a fact, not opinion. What exactly am I trying to save face over? Don’t put words in my mouth that don’t exist.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
WOW ottawa got hosed...badly.

I understand the situation with Hoffman but basically moving a 25+g/55-60pt player straight for a guy that has only managed 63pts over 2 seasons in san jose? a guy that has NEVER hit 20g?

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
False.

Look it up.

Over his last 4 seasons with Arizona and the Avs he put up 156 points in 255 games. That is a 50.16 point pace.

Arguing Boedker isn't a 50 point player on bad teams is to argue in bad faith.

Now, you can certainly argue that given the situation he was in in San Jose lowers his value significantly. And hence, that it is bad value.

But it is not possible to argue in good faith that the gap between Boedker and Hoffman is enormous. I mean, for goodness sake, over the last 2 seasons (Boedker's worse seasons) his ES points per 60 is 1.71. Hoffman's is 1.81.

The "real" gap between Boedker and Hoffman is significantly smaller than the boxscore stats indicate. Hoffman is, and almost certainly always will be, a much bigger PP producer. That is the actual gap between the two.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Over his last 4 seasons with Arizona and the Avs he put up 156 points in 255 games. That is a 50.16 point pace.

Arguing Boedker isn't a 50 point player on bad teams is to argue in bad faith.

Now, you can certainly argue that given the situation he was in in San Jose lowers his value significantly. And hence, that it is bad value.

But it is not possible to argue in good faith that the gap between Boedker and Hoffman is enormous. I mean, for goodness sake, over the last 2 seasons (Boedker's worse seasons) his ES points per 60 is 1.71. Hoffman's is 1.81.

The "real" gap between Boedker and Hoffman is significantly smaller than the boxscore stats indicate. Hoffman is, and almost certainly always will be, a much bigger PP producer. That is the actual gap between the two.

Where is @rt when you need him to tell you how Boedker racked up points in Arizona.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I don't want to put salt on the wound for Sens fans, but their demands for the 10 OA in exchange for Hoffman was pure fantasy. At least after the news broke.

I do not envy Dorion's job. Icing a competitive line up with the issues that have arisen in Ottawa cannot be easy.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
this trade makes other fans wish

1. their gm was as proactive as doug wilson
2. their boedker esque player is valued by Ottawa

first should be a given, second is a low bar but depends on Ottawa's pro scouts.

As a canucks fan with Jim Benning a 2nd 4th 5th 5th might as well be a miracle like winning the goddamn lottery. We are a rebuilding team that LOSES these picks every year. Benning then attempts to recoup them back at the deadline/draft day and it's crickets

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Peace bond says incidents were dating back to November, so this is when Karlsson was aware. Numerous ex sens players wife said they werent surprised. So either the team knew and tried to sweep it under the rug, or they didnt know and shockingly oblivious to everything. They had to have known she was a massive headache, maybe not specifically she was this pyscho

We have been over this. The peace bond accuses Caryk of harassment dating back to November. That doesnt mean they knew in November that it was her.

UPDATED: Hoffman, fiancée deny harassing the Karlssons

In the above interview Caryk claims the first see heard of it was March 22nd, Hoffman found out about it later that night. It isnt very logical to believe that everyone in the organization knew about the accusations a month before Hoffman and his fiancee.

Obviously Melinda and Monika didnt get along before this started but there's no reason to believe anything crossed the line before these allegations. There's not a team in the league where every player gets along and all the wives get along. Two wives not getting along isnt enough of a reason to trade a player.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
I view the trade as a win-win-win.

San Jose clears cap space for Tavares/Kovalchuk and nets some good picks.

Florida gets a top 6 winger for essentially nothing.

Ottawa gets rid of a locker room issue/cancer and replaces him with a similar (albeit slightly worse) player.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I view the trade as a win-win-win.

San Jose clears cap space for Tavares/Kovalchuk and nets some good picks.

Florida gets a top 6 winger for essentially nothing.

Ottawa gets rid of a locker room issue/cancer and replaces him with a similar (albeit slightly worse) player.
You're a win short there.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Joe Sakic

Phasenet

Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Quite possibly one of the worst trades in the modern NHL. In the same ballpark as Seguin/Eriksson and Hall/Larsson. All Hoffman had to do was dump his girl and announce it publicly with an apology. Then he would be worth a 1st rounder minimum. Hell, Evander Kane got a 1st rounder twice. Never seen such a knee jerk reaction in my life. Then San Jose wastes the gift that was handed to them. Watch him score 40 in Florida.

Polansky

Apr 5, 2007
Quite possibly one of the worst trades in the modern NHL. In the same ballpark as Seguin/Eriksson and Hall/Larsson. All Hoffman had to do was dump his girl and announce it publicly with an apology. Then he would be worth a 1st rounder minimum. Hell, Evander Kane got a 1st rounder twice. Never seen such a knee jerk reaction in my life. Then San Jose wastes the gift that was handed to them. Watch him score 40 in Florida.
What a clueless post. 28 year old has never scored even 30 goals in his career who plays like Dany Heatley. Can you name any player in NHL history to never score 30 goals by the age of 28, and then score 40 in a season?

Reactions: ThorNton Apologist

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
What a clueless post. 28 year old has never scored even 30 goals in his career who plays like Dany Heatley. Can you name any player in NHL history to never score 30 goals by the age of 28, and then score 40 in a season?

Darcy Hordichuk

In your haste to be funny, you missed an immortal one: Jason Blake.

That led to a $20M contract from the Leafs.

Reactions: Polansky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad