Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Sens Extend Chris Tierney (2 Years, $3.5M AAV)

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
meh. Tierney is nothing special but we need centre depth. I'm surprised we did more than 1 year to be honest. I agree with others that he will be traded next year for a pick before the playoffs.
yup, and it give an extra option for SEA to pick from... because at the moment we dont have much to offer to follow the expansion rules

upload_2020-10-26_13-28-50.png

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
The AAV is solid, i'm happy.

He's going to be our 1C this year, and hopefully next year someone (hopefully a German) grows into that spot.

I'm 90% sure that the Kraken will be drafting him from us for Y2, so I really see this as a 1 year deal.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Who do Sens fans prefer, Tierney or Brown?

Logan Brown has Senators fans salivating about his potential due to his offensive vision, hands and large frame. (unless you're referring to Connor Brown)

Unfortunately, he has yet to prove himself on any consistent and substantial basis due to injury.

If you are referring to Connor Brown, I think he has a bit more jam and is a bit more versatile and useful than Tierney.

Tierney is a fairly unspectacular player, a cerebral playmaker who doesn't demonstrate a great deal of intensity but doesn't cost his team defensively either. I'd be surprised if he generates a lot of excitement or interest on the part of Senators fans, who mainly regard him as a placeholder before those prospects step up and step in.

There are a few Senators fans out there who think he figures into the team long-term, but judging by the contract length, I'd be surprised if Dorion agrees.

Reactions: Korg

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Logan Brown has Senators fans salivating about his potential due to his offensive vision, hands and large frame. (unless you're referring to Connor Brown)

Unfortunately, he has yet to prove himself on any consistent and substantial basis due to injury.

If you are referring to Connor Brown, I think he has a bit more jam and is a bit more versatile and useful than Tierney.

Tierney is a fairly unspectacular player, a cerebral playmaker who doesn't demonstrate a great deal of intensity but doesn't cost his team defensively either. I'd be surprised if he generates a lot of excitement or interest on the part of Senators fans, who mainly regard him as a placeholder before those prospects step up and step in.

There are a few Senators fans out there who think he figures into the team long-term, but judging by the contract length, I'd be surprised if Dorion agrees.

Nah, I was talking about Josh Brown. :sarcasm:

Thanks.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Was expecting that these numbers would come with 4 year deal. Basically you walk him to UFA and if you don’t protect him you lose a solid 3C for nothing.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Was expecting that these numbers would come with 4 year deal. Basically you walk him to UFA and if you don’t protect him you lose a solid 3C for nothing.

There is something to be said for predictability in the expansion draft. Tierney is a bridge till young guys can take over at C. I have zero issue losing him. They have more valuable guys to protect.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017

They won't protect him. Tierney is not a long term solution, just a stop gap until prospects pass him on the depth chart.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad