Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Sens Extend Chris Tierney (2 Years, $3.5M AAV)

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
i'm assuming this is it for ottawa's offseason, right?
moving gaborik to LTIR and then calling up Branstrom and two forwards will leave them with about $16.5m in cap space--well above the cap floor but still in a range that seems right for Melnyk.

any ideas on what the line combos are gonna look like heading into these last years of the rebuild?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
immediate reaction to this contract structure is that they're looking to trade him after this season.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
i'm assuming this is it for ottawa's offseason, right?
moving gaborik to LTIR and then calling up Branstrom and two forwards will leave them with about $16.5m in cap space--well above the cap floor but still in a range that seems right for Melnyk.

any ideas on what the line combos are gonna look like heading into these last years of the rebuild?

Line combos are tough at this point, because it depends on which youngsters make the team out of camp. I’ll give it a go.

Tkachuk White Batherson
Stutzle L. Brown Dadonov
Formenton Tierney C. Brown
Paul Anisimov Watson

I assumed Logan Brown and Alex Formenton made the team, but that’s not a guarantee. I kept Tkachuk and White together since they have played together a lot, and the team has said they would like to try Stutzle on wing at the start of his career, so that’s why I put him there.

Reactions: kerrabria

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Line combos are tough at this point, because it depends on which youngsters make the team out of camp. I’ll give it a go.

Tkachuk White Batherson
Stutzle L. Brown Dadonov
Paul Anisimov Watson

I assumed Logan Brown and Alex Formenton made the team, but that’s not a guarantee. I kept Tkachuk and White together since they have played together a lot, and the team has said they would like to try Stutzle on wing at the start of his career, so that’s why I put him there.
I am not up to date on Sens new roster possibilities. Who are the possibles and locks for the roster next season?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I am not up to date on Sens new roster possibilities. Who are the possibles and locks for the roster next season?

Locks up front

Tkachuk
White
Dadonov
C. Brown
Tierney
Watson
Anisimov
Paul

Locks on the blueline

Chabot
Zaitsev
Gudbranson
Reilly
J. Brown

Chance to make the team up front

L. Brown
Norris
Stutzle
Batherson
Formenton
Balcers
Abramov
Chlapik
Davidson
Shaw
Peca
Beaudin

Chance to make the team on the blueline

Wolanin (although I think he’s likely close to being a lock)
Brannstrom
Zub
Jaros
Lajoie

There will be spots open up front and on the blueline, so there will be healthy competition in camp for those spots.

Reactions: JohnnyT91

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Locks up front

Tkachuk
White
Dadonov
C. Brown
Tierney
Watson
Anisimov
Paul

Locks on the blueline

Chabot
Zaitsev
Gudbranson
Reilly
J. Brown

Chance to make the team up front

L. Brown
Norris
Stutzle
Batherson
Formenton
Balcers
Abramov
Chlapik
Davidson
Shaw
Peca
Beaudin

Chance to make the team on the blueline

Wolanin (although I think he’s likely close to being a lock)
Brannstrom
Zub
Jaros
Lajoie

There will be spots open up front and on the blueline, so there will be healthy competition in camp for those spots.
interesting debate on what to do with Stutzle, obv if he has a great camp put him in but say he shows his youth and needs a yr to adapt. Do you try the A? is it even running? or do you leave him in the DEL? try to get him in the KHL?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
interesting debate on what to do with Stutzle, obv if he has a great camp put him in but say he shows his youth and needs a yr to adapt. Do you try the A? is it even running? or do you leave him in the DEL? try to get him in the KHL?

Interesting question. I’m not even sure how all of this works, but my guess is we do see him in Ottawa next year. Not sure if it’s for the whole season, but my guess is he gets some playing time in Ottawa next season.

Reactions: JohnnyT91

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Interesting question. I’m not even sure how all of this works, but my guess is we do see him in Ottawa next year. Not sure if it’s for the whole season, but my guess is he gets some playing time in Ottawa next season.
Based on his size and skill level I also can see him in Ottawa next year. Also its not like you guys are going for a cup next year so I can see the coach being a little more forgiving with the rookies.

SENSARMY18

Sep 26, 2018
Amazinng deal!!!! Tierney is the most underrated player in the league by far. Dorian you genius lets goooooooo.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT

Tkachuk White Batherson
Stutzle L. Brown Dadonov
Paul Anisimov Watson

Team actually looks like it could surprise some people. Weak down the middle but they should be hard to play against.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Is Tierney going to play the first line center no? Or whom?

And is Tierney going to be the first powerplay C for the sens next season?
Tierney is not “first” anything, except maybe first PK unit. He does a decent enough job in several areas without excelling at any.

Contract is a good deal for both player and team. Comparable to Eller/Bonino at a similar age, who are comparable players (in role, not necessarily style).

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Kind of weird to hear all this talk about him getting dealt at the deadline or left to the Kraken. Last three seasons he’s played at a pace of 43 points per season while being solid defencively. They don’t even have one centre that is proven better than him let alone three

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Kind of weird to hear all this talk about him getting dealt at the deadline or left to the Kraken. Last three seasons he’s played at a pace of 43 points per season while being solid defencively. They don’t even have one centre that is proven better than him let alone three

They have guys coming up who may be able to replace him in time though. He’s a decent player, but not a core player. He likely is gone before his contract expires.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Seems like a very fair deal for both sides. I've thought for a long time now that Tierney is that 2nd-3rd depth guy that every team in the league desires. Hella useful

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
They have guys coming up who may be able to replace him in time though. He’s a decent player, but not a core player. He likely is gone before his contract expires.

I agree that he’ll likely get moved at the deadline before his contract expires, but it’s just unrealistic to think that Ottawa is going to have three better by this deadline or by the time of expansion. Plus Ottawa has tons of expectation exempt players anyways so letting him go for free doesn’t make sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->